Old 07-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #1   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I have a Confession to make...

I'm actually watching and enjoying Yu-Gi-Oh.
I know that it aimed at kids and that the whole show is made for merchandising and that the rules of the card game changes every episode and that its choc full of friendship that it can make you sick, but for some reason I'm enjoying it.

So who else likes an anime that they know they really shouldn't by does anyway?
Old 07-04-2004, 10:29 PM   #2   [permalink]
Petezilla
Executive Member

Altough I have watched a lot of stuff I didn't like just because I wanted to give the series a chance I never had the feeling you have while watching yu-gi-oh. lets take pokemon I saw about 40 episodes of it but in the end I didn't like it(I didn't think it was that bad either)except for that delightfull jiggly puff song.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:59 PM   #3   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
I knew I'd finally have a good reason to hate you one day, Wolfpac.

I've never seen the series beyond the odd one or two episodes I watched a few years ago. All I was able to get from them? The English voices bugged me and the character's art style hurts my eyes.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:22 AM   #4   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Drizzten
The English voices bugged me and the character's art style hurts my eyes.
Hey Driz, I know what you mean - it's the American voices that bug me about most dubs! But yeah, the Brit voices in Yugi suck pretty bad too. And what is it with Yugi's HAIR??? I can't watch more than about 10 minutes of this show.

Hey Wolfpac, do they ever explain why everybody seems to have one of these huge arenas in their backyard? No matter where they are, there is always some humungous virtual battlefield just around the next corner! And whenever two people get into an argument, they settle it by challenging each other to a duel (just like they do in pokemon). Get real! One of them should just smack the other in the face, take their cards/chips/badges, and walk away laughing? Teach these kids a bit of reality

What do I watch? I felt the 4th season of Jackie Chan was pretty flat, but I can still watch the previous 3 seasons happily. Fave ep: Jade casting the Duplication spell.

We've just started on the 2nd season of Teen Titans, I've only seen one ep so far and it didn't do much for me. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the others. Fave ep: Nevermore.

What else is on UK TV? Can't think of anything exciting and new at the moment...
Gryshnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:58 AM   #5   [permalink]
GuGuEaTeR
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to GuGuEaTeR Send a message via MSN to GuGuEaTeR
*pats Wolfpac* It's alright Wolfie. You're not stabbed in the back yet.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:38 AM   #6   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
I've never seen one ep Yu-gi-Oh at all. Perhaps I'm lucky

Originally Posted by Wolfpac

Well, I'm a twenty one year old man who rates Card Captor Sakura very highly.
Okay, so it is a shojo series and it has a lot of designs that indicate towards a juvenile audience but for some reason, I love it! Maybe it's the interesting characters, the sense of the adventure, the pretty colours or the compelling pace - I don't know....
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:12 AM   #7   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
I'm actually watching and enjoying Yu-Gi-Oh.
I know that it aimed at kids and that the whole show is made for merchandising and that the rules of the card game changes every episode and that its choc full of friendship that it can make you sick, but for some reason I'm enjoying it.

To think I call you my sempai! Actually, I dub Drizzten as my new sempai. Besides, he has better things to do with Yu-gi-Oh trading cards and such (Something me and Nair will have to fix up )
Old 08-04-2004, 03:31 PM   #8   [permalink]
Escaflowne Chick
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to Escaflowne Chick
I have to admit, I love the show. Well, I'm mainly in love with some characters so that's really the only reason I watch it, lol! Yami Yugi and Otogi lol!
hitomi wo tojireba...
Escaflowne Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #9   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
Having never sat through an entire episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, I cannot comment there. However...
Quote:
Shamefully, I adore the FETISH EXPLOSION that is Tokyo Mew Mew. Lolicon, maids, waitresses, magical girls, lingerie, catgirls--it's all here, and it's all sugar-coated for mass consumption by 10-year-old girls. I am simultaneously disturbed and entranced by this series. I even bought a bunch of little plastic TMM figurines.

Dude, seriously. I need help.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:23 PM   #10   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
I actually like YGO as well. The manga that is, not the anime.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:48 PM   #11   [permalink]
onop

Send a message via ICQ to onop Send a message via AIM to onop Send a message via MSN to onop Send a message via Yahoo to onop

why wolfpac? why?

Just tell her to leave my Digi Charat underwear alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, how the mighty have fallen. Nerd.
onop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:49 PM   #12   [permalink]
onop

Send a message via ICQ to onop Send a message via AIM to onop Send a message via MSN to onop Send a message via Yahoo to onop
Originally Posted by snowcherry
Having never sat through an entire episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, I cannot comment there. However...

Shamefully, I adore the FETISH EXPLOSION that is Tokyo Mew Mew. Lolicon, maids, waitresses, magical girls, lingerie, catgirls--it's all here, and it's all sugar-coated for mass consumption by 10-year-old girls. I am simultaneously disturbed and entranced by this series. I even bought a bunch of little plastic TMM figurines.

i should check that out...

Just tell her to leave my Digi Charat underwear alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, how the mighty have fallen. Nerd.
onop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:41 AM   #13   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558

That makes two of us. I'm still trying to find a sensible reason as to WHY I'm finding some enjoyment out of it. And it's a SHOJO series for cryin' out loud!!!!
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:23 AM   #14   [permalink]
Kero-chan

Send a message via AIM to Kero-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Kero-chan
Quote:
Well, I'm a twenty one year old man who rates Card Captor Sakura very highly.
I aggree with this as well. IM twenty one as well and highly enjoy Sakura very much. Some of my friends are really into the YGO card game. They not much into the show though. As far as series go that I really should have not watched go. I would say DBZ is mine. I decided to give it a try. In my senior year of high school I got to see up till about mid way through the Freeza Saga. It was not to bad. I really enjoyed seeing the training methods and what not. As far as the rest goes I don't know. It is one of those cases where it was out of my mind once I stoped wathcing. So that is all I really have to say about that. Wolfpac though hey we all have our own chocies. If you do enjoy YGO then go for it and enjoy it till your hearts contant.

2) By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
Kero-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:06 AM   #15   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw

How do you feel about the relocation of the series to Hollywood?
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote