Old 21-03-2001, 07:02 PM   #31   [permalink]
mrgazpacho
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by EVA fiend
Ghost in the Shell - I love the manga & the movie, but it sorta ran out of steam at the end..., and why did they give Kusanagi a child's body in the movie, when they gave her a male body in the manga?
I think that might have been to add to the feeling of "re-birth" that the Major was experiencing. It fits with the theme of vast unexplored horizons that is (in the real world) mostly the province of the young.
Old 21-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #32   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Quote:
Originally posted by random1377

Ahhh.... but the problem with this ending is that you don't KNOW if the bad guy gets the last laugh! SPOILERS coming up. The basketball girl kills Oburi, but you don't know what happens to Sawa. You hear the floorboard creak, so someone is there with her, but does she die? I don't know..... she was kind of a badass to just get shot by a rookie, know what I mean?
Hey, but it sure makes you think doesn't it? I just learnt something new from your discription, so I will watch the movie again. But you must admit that its rather a good ending then a bad one.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2001, 11:50 AM   #33   [permalink]
Eva01_Test

Two anime titles

X
Ronin Warriors

I thought X was kinda corny when that fire chick let herself be crushed by the train.

Plus I wish they used there Swords

It's only my opinion anyway.
I am the calamity in heaven. I am another word. A word different than that of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. You cannot stop me. I come to destroy all, both good and evil. God will not stop me. I am the new Alpha and Omega. I will be the Beggining and the End.
Eva01_Test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2001, 05:53 AM   #34   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I got one I just saw last night.

Cardcaptor Sakura - trip to hong kong(don't remember the title

Really lame ending, they didn't even fight or anything. Sakura just said I know how it feels to wait for someone and to lose someone(something like that, but how the heck did she know, she is still in kindergarten?!?). The waterwitch just start to breaking up in little waterdrops and dissapear. The only thing Sakura did in the whole movie is fly around on a stick and the very end she uses the arrow card cause some idiot tells her in her mind that the water has to flow?!? I mean where did the water rest on before she shot the flore to peaces with the arrow?!?
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2001, 10:22 PM   #35   [permalink]
amazingtofuguydrift

Send a message via AIM to amazingtofuguydrift
silent service... it sucked anyway but the ending just made it worse