View Poll Results: Pick the options/special features you'd drop to make more space for anime on DVDs
Multiple languages beyond Japanese 13 24.07%
Higher quality audio/video encoding 5 9.26%
Quizzes and trivia 36 66.67%
"Making of" featurettes and documentaries 17 31.48%
Character bios/sketches 20 37.04%
Full openings/closings/eyecatches for each episode 15 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-05-2003, 03:14 PM   #16   [permalink]
APF
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to APF
Quizzes can be in the pamphlet. From my topic, everyone knows how I feel about languages... making of's are generally something we don't need.
APF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2003, 04:16 PM   #17   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
Thanks, Drizzten. I basically understood all the choices correctly then, so my reply above is still accurate. I'm just not sure how to actually place my vote since I've got maybes and things like "yes, if ..." or "no, but ..." for some choices.
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #18   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

I really do like all the extra feature but I guess if I could get rid of one to add perhaps another episode in or something I would lose the "Making of" featurettes and documentaries, however several of those things you could just put up on the web and you don't even actually need on the dvd, but that's is why they are called extras after all.

Peace. V
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 06:15 PM   #19   [permalink]
Kenshi
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Kenshi Send a message via MSN to Kenshi
Quizzes and trivia? I find those type of things kinda pointless...
Kenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 03:16 AM   #20   [permalink]
Jaken

Quizzes and character bios, I guess. I would never drop making-of features... I absolutely love those! The creative process fascinates me to no end.
Jaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 03:25 AM   #21   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

A lot of people voted Quizzes and trivia. You guys do understand though that just dropping that would not free up much space at all. You would have to drop something like "Making of" featurettes and documentaries, Full openings/closings/eyecatches for each episode, Multiple languages beyond Japanese, or Higher quality audio/video encoding. Between those four I would get rid of the making of stuff because that of the four you can easily get that off the web.

Peace. V
Old 19-06-2003, 05:48 AM   #22   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Quote:
Originally posted by Sigurd Fatima
Between those four I would get rid of the making of stuff because that of the four you can easily get that off the web.
I dunno, Ive never seen making of stuff for anime around on the internet, Ive seen openings, closings and trailers but never making of stuff. Maybe im not looking hard enough
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 01:45 PM   #23   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by orochi X
I dunno, Ive never seen making of stuff for anime around on the internet, Ive seen openings, closings and trailers but never making of stuff. Maybe im not looking hard enough
I haven't seen them on series anime before but movies like Metropolis and Akira I think, although I could be wrong.

Peace. V
Old 19-06-2003, 11:43 PM   #24   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
Quizzes. If I want quizzes, I'll just go go to google and use the search engine to find one... I don't want them on my DVDs.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #25   [permalink]
SenshiNaka
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to SenshiNaka Send a message via Yahoo to SenshiNaka
If i had to choose one i will pick quizzes.
SenshiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2003, 08:47 AM   #26   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Trivia/quizzes. The other stuff is more interesting, especially "making of" featurettes. Spirited Away making of doco was awesome.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #27   [permalink]
terifermi

Multiple languages beyond Japanese - I live in Canada, and their is almost always french subs, and sometimes a french dub on the DVD. Many times there is also French writting on the packaging, though sometimes it's hidden thanks to a reversable cover. I speak & read french (though not well), but I never watch the French version, much like most Canadians. However, it's very unlikely that the French will be taken out, because making French & English only DVDs isn't economically viable.

Higher quality audio/video encoding - I don't need it now, but I might need it later. I also sometimes lend my DVDs to my brother, who has a fancy Audio/Video setup and can use these features.

Quizzes and trivia - These can go. This is what commentary tracks are for.

"Making of" featurettes and documentaries - I really like these, and there needs to be more not less. I would feel happier buying Fushigi Yuugi DVDs if they were 6 episodes and a featurette, rather than just the 7 eps like it is now.

Character bios/sketches - Character bios should be on the packaging somewher, not on the DVD. After all, once you watch the DVD, you already know who the charcters are, right? Character sketches are better in a book or something, but they are OK on a DVD. Neither bios or sketches take up that much space, anyway...

Full openings/closings/eyecatches for each episode - I think openings and closings should be an optional thing. For most series I will watch the opening once at the beginning, watch all the episodes with just eyecatchs, and then watch the closing once, or not at all. The eye catches are usually necessary, though sometimes it gets annoying when they are all the same (Excel Saga!).
Old 22-02-2005, 06:44 PM   #28   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

IMO, if the producer wanted to provide the best of both worlds, the company could always do dual layer side A and Side B .... one side would be the show(s) and the other side miscellaneous add ons ... or there could be 2 physical disks ... in either case, given the cost of the average anime DVD ... the extra disk/work involved would not IMO cut too deeply into profits.

Sam
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #29   [permalink]
Rei Ayanami

I chose-
Multiple languages beyond Japanese
Quizzes and trivia
Character bios/sketches
-Like with NGE. Why is there French and Spanish on there! Just release it on an entirely different DVD!!!
But I addore like the commentarys and making of things. Aswell as the clean opening and closings! But I will admit for Chrno Crusade the 'Original On Air Opening' Is abit over the top. It's almost exactly the same for each one!

Last edited by Rei Ayanami; 25-03-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Rei Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #30   [permalink]
mercurius

I think Quizes and character bios are useless.

Seriously.
mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote