Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Red face Tsubasa Chronicles: The Princess in the Birdcage Kingdom

AKA Tsukasa, The Movie: The Princess in the Birdcage Kingdom, but this is not much of a movie as it runs only slightly over a half hour.

I wasn't sure what it was until Netflix sent it. It's based on an anime series, although it could have been one long episode. The basic storyline involves a kid who falls in love with a princess. But she loses her memory, in the form of feathers. Together they search for the feathers and if they don't find them, the girl dies.

Anyway, in this DVD special they find another princess who is in a bit of trouble. She's the sacrifice that her evil uncle the king will use to plundge the kingdom into total darkness. And there are a lot of birds. That's really it.

Oh, by the way I never saw the series. Judging from this anime, it probably isn't too bad. Actually, the anime does have its moments although a bit cliche-ish. I rate this one average.

But those of you who have seen the series, do you recommend it? Netflix does not have the original, but they do have what is either a sequel or a redux. If anyone is familiar with either, please comment -- without spoilers.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 09:45 AM   #2   [permalink]
Rei IV
Forum Junkie

Location: At your mother's house tucking into a scrumptious breakfast
Send a message via ICQ to Rei IV Send a message via AIM to Rei IV Send a message via MSN to Rei IV
I gave up on it after a few episodes as I feel that it's one big CLAMP circle jerk. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of CLAMP series; but it's for that precise reason that I don't like this anime. All it seems to do is find ways to rework all their characters from all their different stories without much substance of its own.
Old 29-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

OK, then. For now I will put the series in the "watch-if-you-have-nothing-else-to-watch" category.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote