Old 22-04-2003, 09:28 AM   #1   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
AV Connection '03

Right. Apparently, despite the success of AVC'02, we still don't deserve a separate forum, so I suppose I'll just start informing people through a thread. Sigh.

AV Connection, like last year, is of course a fusion effort of two University clubs, to fill a void South Australia has. Of course, as a fledgling Convention, a lot of research and crawling was required. Manifest was examined and visited by representatives of the planning council, to delve into the art of Convention. Sponsors were hard to come by: but we still managed to finance the convention, and even received several anime that were screened (legally) for the first time in Australia. Although the Cosplay Ball was underprepared, and the MC from the Quiz Night was lumped with the job, (even though he was a GREAT MC at the Quiz Night,) and will if anything, have learned from this error.

Even though it was a struggle, the convention was a complete success, and the profits will go a long way to stage this year's. Of course, they now have more interest in it, and have already obtained high-profile sponsors. It will be bigger and better. Of course, as I'm one handsha