Old 17-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #1   [permalink]
ainslye
Executive Member

Katsucon 9

[deleted]...

Last edited by ainslye; 30-12-2007 at 01:30 AM.
ainslye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2003, 12:06 AM   #2   [permalink]
EVA Pilot Z

Send a message via AIM to EVA Pilot Z Send a message via Yahoo to EVA Pilot Z
Yummy Katsucon! This is my 3rd con! Philanthropy Online will be down there to cover the event for the Philanthropy Online Internet Show (tentative title). So those unfortunate enough to not make it can check out the con through our show.

Last edited by EVA Pilot Z; 18-01-2003 at 12:08 AM.
EVA Pilot Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2003, 02:55 AM   #3   [permalink]
ainslye
Executive Member

[deleted]...

Last edited by ainslye; 30-12-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Old 19-01-2003, 11:24 PM   #4   [permalink]
EVA Pilot Z

Imagine a news report done with a digital camcorder. I'll have a camera person doing the taping(not sure who yet)and I'll be in front doing what a reporter does. I'll try to get interviews with some important people, not to mention coverage of some other stuff. Interviews with random con-goers. Basically it'll be me running around the con with a camera person following behind me while I show the con. Believe me, it's better than it sounds.
Old 26-01-2003, 10:01 PM   #5   [permalink]
Stu
Forum Elite

[deleted]...

Last edited by Stu; 11-07-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2003, 02:55 PM   #6   [permalink]
z80

I'll be there. Look for Porco Rosso
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 12:14 AM   #7   [permalink]
ainslye
Executive Member

[deleted]...

Last edited by ainslye; 30-12-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:11 PM   #8   [permalink]
Stu
Forum Elite

[deleted]...

Last edited by Stu; 11-07-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 17-02-2003, 06:24 PM   #9   [permalink]
EVA Pilot Z

I was shunned the whole con! First, my friend I was staying with basically shoved me out of the room for the weekend! We planned on sharing a room a few months before the con started. So right away life sucked. The only restaurant around that I knew of on Friday was McDonalds. Again, life sucked. So what did Friday compose of? Video rooms, dealers room, opening ceremonies, music videos (thought the guy proposing at the beginning was awsome), more video rooms, McDonalds (shoot me), video rooms, and finally, sitting alone on the 7th floor outside the elevators. The 7th floor was the room my friend was in. And because I'm an honest guy and didn't wanna cheat the hotel out of money, I ended up doing something the entire evening. I lived in Video Room 3 Friday Night and Saturday Night. I've seen a ton of interesting anime indeed. And I got NO sleep this entire weekend. Security at night are like demons. They come up to you even if you sit down for a minute and are like "GO TO YOUR ROOM YOU FREELOADING BASTARD!!!!!!!" From now on, if I see someone wearing an orange vest, I'm gonna consider them Katsu Security and kill them in a blind rage. I know they're doing their job and all, but man....what's a guy to do when you're kicked out of your room? Ah well. Saturday was a little better. The dance was a blind and deafening storm. I went for a walk in the evening to find something else to eat, and found a nice strip of restaurants. I ended up at the Cafe Italia. Good stuff. The Security wasn't out in full force Saturday it seemed. Video Room 3 was my destination. This time, there was a group of people plotting to kill and take over teh video room and show FLCL and Excel Saga all evening. I had no problems with that. In the morning, I went to the dealers room, watched more stuff, and my ride showed up right in the middle of the last episode of Strawberry Eggs. I was......upset. But I couldn't complain, we needed to get out before the snow got too bad. All in all, it was an interesting experience. I found out how much of an adult I am, and what it's like to survive on the basics.....water and bread crusts..literally! That's all for my Katsucon trip.
Old 18-02-2003, 06:20 PM   #10   [permalink]
Stu
Forum Elite

[deleted]...

Last edited by Stu; 11-07-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 20-02-2003, 01:35 AM   #11   [permalink]
ainslye
Executive Member

[deleted]...

Last edited by ainslye; 30-12-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 20-02-2003, 03:38 PM   #12   [permalink]
Stu
Forum Elite

[deleted]...

Last edited by Stu; 11-07-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 20-02-2003, 04:05 PM   #13   [permalink]
ainslye
Executive Member

[deleted]...

Last edited by ainslye; 30-12-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 26-02-2003, 12:24 PM   #14   [permalink]
Fireflystar
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Fireflystar
*eye twitches* Katsucon 9..best idea EVER -_-;

So yeah..I shouldn't be here..but my friend has a lotta con pics up, and since not many people do yet,I thought I'd share them. Ainslye,you were a Mint right? Your pic might be on here..I saw ya there. Well in your Sasami costume too, I think..if it was early Friday morning..heh,I was half alive in line for registrartion with my glasses on and my blue sweater..I really hope nobody saw me like that o.o

And yeah. Katsucon 9 turned into Survivor, I was in a room with NINE people and by Sunday night, most people ran out of money and all came after me with my holy debit card >< dammit I had no money to spare, uuuuuuuugh...cabin fever,weeeeee!

The art room was alright..my friend Christin had a Belldandy, Poemi, and Lulu & some other girl of FF9 colored pencil drawings,in *frames* and still nobody bid on them. heh..at many points I walked by them and was like "WHOA! A Poemi drawing! If only I had $15!!" yeah..I'm a great friend.. I actually commissioned one girl to make me a pen and ink of Momiji from Fruits Basket..she was the girl..next to the guy who had furry hentais,and all her art was bold black lines,and everything was cute. She was the reason I didn't leave on Sat. night,like a smart person would have -_-

Duel Jewel..*shivers*...they're wonderful. One of my roomates caught their drum stick..

But yeah, I was Yukari of Paradise Kiss and ghetto Utena, it was great cause some people wanted my pic as Utena..for real..but it was just a joke

Have fun
here
keep refreshing or click on the descriptions to see a pic you like

Old 28-02-2003, 02:38 AM   #15   [permalink]
ainslye
Executive Member

[deleted]...

Last edited by ainslye; 30-12-2007 at 01:15 AM.