Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #1   [permalink]
kiraofcerberus

My First's

Hey guys im new to the forums and drawing aswell but a long time fan to anime =p

here are a few of my pictures of my FAV anime characters
i would appreciate any constructive comments =p

sorry some of the pictures are kinda large =s

Lelouch (Code Geass)

Near (Death Note)

Inuyasha [my first color pic]

Krad (D.N.Angel)

Daisuke Niwa (D.N.Angel) my fist drawing^^
kiraofcerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #2   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

The shading is OK, but I find that the faces are too angular. Also, the eyes on Near seem to out of alignment - the right eye needs to be further up or the left eye further down.

BTW:

Welcome to AnimeBoards (AB). This is the messageboard that can define your personality, morals, and perhaps entire self.

Recently, AB has experienced a downturn in posting activity. However, a spiffing new style makeover by our admin and dark overlord Eva2k has given us fresh impetus to mould AB into our own image. We are all discussing the Future of AnimeBoards here at:

http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=61086

and invite everyone to join this stimulating debate. In particular, we are discussing:
  • What is our current status?
  • Where are we going?
  • What is the meaning of life?

Last edited by John Faulkner; 12-08-2008 at 04:21 PM.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I'd be very happy if I could draw that well. I recognised the characters right away and I think that is the important thing. At least for fan art.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #4   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
For fan art these are pretty good. If you wish to get better I recommend doing pieces that have the whole body in them because trust me that's only going to let you get better. Also did you do the color with markers or colored pencils? Again not bad for someone starting out.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 01:40 AM   #5   [permalink]
kiraofcerberus

Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
The shading is OK, but I find that the faces are too angular. Also, the eyes on Near seem to out of alignment - the right eye needs to be further up or the left eye further down.

BTW:

Welcome to AnimeBoards (AB). This is the messageboard that can define your personality, morals, and perhaps entire self.

Recently, AB has experienced a downturn in posting activity. However, a spiffing new style makeover by our admin and dark overlord Eva2k has given us fresh impetus to mould AB into our own image. We are all discussing the Future of AnimeBoards here at:

http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=61086

and invite everyone to join this stimulating debate. In particular, we are discussing:
  • What is our current status?
  • Where are we going?
  • What is the meaning of life?
thx i appreciate your advice and i will highly consider it in future work ^^;;
Old 13-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #6   [permalink]
kiraofcerberus

Originally Posted by Project Akira View Post
For fan art these are pretty good. If you wish to get better I recommend doing pieces that have the whole body in them because trust me that's only going to let you get better. Also did you do the color with markers or colored pencils? Again not bad for someone starting out.
i have tried body once its was on tink from peter pan did it for a friend, it turned out alright, but it could always be better =p

but thx guys ^_^