Old 07-05-2003, 01:08 PM   #1   [permalink]
JTurner954
Executive Member

Are Dragonball Z single issues rare?

In March, the comic book store I visited had a sale to celebrate their 10 years in buisness.During this time I picked up the first issue of the Dragonball Z manga. After reading and enjoying it, I decided to look and find some more. Unfortunately, each store I visited had a limited amount of issues (maybe 10 at the most). In addition, Ebay also doesn't list many books.

Did the books go out of print or is it just that my area happens to be out of books? I would get the TPB's but I really liked reading and looking at the Fan Art and Letters Page.
Old 10-05-2003, 02:20 AM   #2   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32
well considering DBZ anime has been around for as long as i have the manga woyuld be about 5 years older (approximately)so thats about 20-22 years i think it would be rather hard to come by... however i used to know a person who get an entire set in english in book sized volumes
Linna32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #3   [permalink]
APF
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to APF
Individual comic books? Probably hard to come by. Individual books? Hardly. Ask your nearest waldenbooks anime nerd; they can order them for you.

Although, right now Viz is switching to a smaller format. If you care, the big books might become hard to find.
APF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 11:31 PM   #4   [permalink]
Bradster
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Bradster Send a message via MSN to Bradster
More than just a smaller format for their GNs: Viz is discontinuing monthlies entirely.

Do you not have one of those kind of comic book stores in your area that has cardboard boxes full of used back issues? I wouldn't think DBZ is enough of a collector's item for there to be absolutely nothing available vis a vis back issues.
Bradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 02:36 AM   #5   [permalink]
JTurner954
Executive Member

Well, the problem is there's not many books or comic book stores. In fact, most of the issues repeat. But I guess I could ask for a box to look through as you suggested.
JTurner954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:30 PM   #6   [permalink]
APF
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to APF
I checked a price guide at work. Dragonball and DBZ single issues: cover price or less.
APF is offline   Reply With Quote