Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #1   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Idea for an Existential Story Inspired by AnimeBoards

This is some feedback to board management on an inspirational new idea that has just struck me. I was thinking that a story based loosely on the current state of AnimeBoards could be a great 21st C classic in Existential philosophy.

Title: No Log-off

Basic plot: The Admin of a run-down messageboard leads, in turn, 3 people (Pierre, Amelie and er, Zidane) into 3 separate rooms. Much to each person's surprise, the Admin, after leading each person into a room, immediately steps out of the room and locks the door. Each room is tiny, the size of a toilet, and is bare except for a working laptop on the floor, which is connected to the Internet. The only website available is the Admin's run-down messageboard, which has no active members and for which each of the 3 people have new accounts.

Soon, each person realises that they are actually in the afterlife, and furthermore in hell. Each person awaits the tortuous punishment that they have heard were meted out to sinners, such as being roasted alive over a pit of fire. But they soon realise that their punishment is being trapped in toilet-sized rooms for all eternity ... with the only means of communication being through the messageboard to each other.

Hell is other people online.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 09-02-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #2   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Wow John thats just creepy....

Btw can i have some of what your smoking?

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif

Last edited by cool2burn; 10-02-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #3   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Oh, for ----- sake George, just let Johhny do what he wants. We all know you're going to sit on your ass for the next decade
-Bishop Oro
Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #4   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

pointless...