Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #31   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator
 
Pen2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2000
Location: In a small room, plotting your downfall.
Posts: 5,890
Send a message via AIM to Pen2
In the time you've spent writing essay-length diatribes about exactly what you declare to be wrong with AB, you could have just started your own forum, poached the two active members and proceeded to put theory into practice.

This would have solved both our problems.
Pen2 is offline  
Old 27-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #32   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master
 
cool2burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14 Jan 2001
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Posts: 2,253
Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
That would never work for him then he could only bitch to himself ^^
__________________
Kill the Spiders to save the butterflies..............
But by doing this one does not realize that they become the spider.......

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline  
Old 27-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #33   [permalink]
Darkandiel
Junior Member
 
Darkandiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 Jun 2008
Posts: 34
Send a message via MSN to Darkandiel
I get the distinct impression that John actually enjoys making up these little charts and statistics and all that, it's a way of venting all of his frustrations. He wouldn't be able to continue venting if he had his own forum
Darkandiel is offline  
Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #34   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie
 
kamikazefstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2004
Location: Beneath your feet
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki View Post
Other than yourself, do you think anyone cares that the mods arent as active anymore?
I do! I think that if we just got even ONE new mod, things might start moving forward again, if only just a little. It can't hurt to try, can it?
kamikazefstorm is offline  
Old 07-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #35   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned
 
Join Date: 20 Mar 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,535
Originally Posted by Pen2 View Post
In the time you've spent writing essay-length diatribes about exactly what you declare to be wrong with AB, you could have just started your own forum, poached the two active members and proceeded to put theory into practice.

This would have solved both our problems.
a) The problem with AnimeBoards is the lack of activity

b) If I set up my own forums, AB would still have a lack of activity

c) Therefore, it would not solve my problem with AB; this is a problem which other past and current members also have.

d) In the time you've written that post, you could have come up with something constructive. For example, I asked for your views on the future strategy of AB, so the theory is not even fleshed out yet.

e) You are part of the problem because of your refusal to post, your inability to make polls which only moderators can make, and your inability to engage in conversations on a future strategy for this place. So you come along and make your first post in over half a f-ucking year and is that all you've got to say? A post that lacks any logic, which ignores all my points and shows that you have zero appetite to make this place any better? You moderators are just something else. Unbelievable.

f) Why haven't you or the other moderators or Eva2k replied to my questions yet? All it takes is 5-10 minutes to address my points, and all you seem to do is come here, p-iss around and do nothing. First you make the excuse that you all, for some strange reason, have absolutely zero time to do anything despite spending time here. Then I give you a list of things that can easily be done, even for stressed out people. Then you make the excuse that sentimentality prevents changes. So I raised the point that if you were sentimental, you would try and make my changes to prevent this place becoming more and more distinguishable from the source of sentimentality: what AB used to be like in the near and distant past. Then you come out with the excuse that if activity improves, you can't afford it. So I asked for figures and pointed out that there probably is room for improvement. Then you f-ucking blank me again.

As I said, just like playing correspondence chess with someone deep in the Amazon rainforest using homing pigeons.

g) More people who have noticed the degradation here:

Originally Posted by Polymorph
Hey, I registered a while back, but had a lot of trouble making my account work. But I'm quite concerned with the vitality of this forum. I don't know if I'm just bad at going through the forum, But I couldn't find subsections on Elfen Lied, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Kure-nai. Those are just to name a few.. I haven't checked all the ones that I've watched. But those are the main ones i wanted to discuss about. Well, i guess the answer to this will decide if i actually stay here. Hope it's just my mistake though.
(http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=64169)

Originally Posted by Bishdariel
Why is this forum so dead?
(http://www.animeboards.com/showthrea...#post537851740)

Originally Posted by 724496
Yeah........It is a bit dead here
(http://www.animeboards.com/showthrea...#post537851757)

Why don't you guys stop clowning around and start listening to the people here. And why don't you moderators start doing something productive for once in a long time.

Originally Posted by cool2burn
That would never work for him then he could only bitch to himself ^^
We've already established that you're the bitching princess who complains yet never seem to give any hint of a solution. I, on the other hand, give constructive criticism and detail all my evidence.

Originally Posted by Darkandiel
I get the distinct impression that John actually enjoys making up these little charts and statistics and all that, it's a way of venting all of his frustrations. He wouldn't be able to continue venting if he had his own forum
As I've said before, what I'm doing here is better than doing nothing, like the moderators. Saying that I'm "enjoying" this is an enormous stretch.

Originally Posted by kamikazefstorm
I do! I think that if we just got even ONE new mod, things might start moving forward again, if only just a little. It can't hurt to try, can it?
It wouldn't hurt to try that or a host of other things, but I'm sure board management will come up with yet another bunch of excuses or will blank everyone here again.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 07-03-2009 at 03:17 AM.
John Faulkner is offline  
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #36   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator
 
Pen2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24 Jun 2000
Location: In a small room, plotting your downfall.
Posts: 5,890
Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Unlike you, I consider brevity a virtue. So here's the dot points.
  • Your questions have been answered multiple times in multiple forms.
  • My opinions and ideas were posted way back when they were asked for. They haven't changed.
  • The only way your argument has changed or evolved is to become more vitriolic and unstable.
  • Saying f-uck is really edgy


But more importantly, I disagree with your first premise. The lack of activity is secondary, if not outright correlated, with the fact that you've turned your every post into a shining paragon of weak tea socialist invective. This is not a government. This is not a democracy. Your attempts to engage have failed, not least of which because they're patronising, insulting, and repetitive. Eva2000 probably hasn't spent the time holding your hand while you insult him because of how utterly painful spending any amount of time reading your posts is. I know for a fact that's why I haven't bothered until now.

Start your own forum. Pay the bills yourself. Then you can do what you like.

In fact, take three months off to do it. Let us know how it goes.
Pen2 is offline  
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #37   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member
 
Project Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 Jan 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 8,330
Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I always thought it was funny that anytime he tried to start any discussions he would variably just be very rude to whoever had posted or would be rude in general thus negating any chances of people continuing to post and so on.
__________________
Quote:
If by high art you mean it's fun to smoke pot and look at Mike Mignola's art, I'm in total agreement.
- Tom Spurgeon (writer for the comics journal), on whether or not Mike Mignola's Hellboy is high art
Project Akira is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 AM   #38   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie
 
kamikazefstorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2004
Location: Beneath your feet
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
Maybe people would listen to him more if he weren't so......negative?
kamikazefstorm is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Animeboards Anime Honorary Awards : Mark 2... And The Winners Are... Wolfpac General Non-Anime Discussion Archive 2000-2003 50 14-11-2002 02:11 PM
The Results of the 2nd Annual Animeboards Poster Awards!!! Wolfpac General Non-Anime Discussion Archive 2000-2003 93 26-01-2002 04:34 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.