Old 09-05-2002, 10:15 AM   #1   [permalink]
gaspacho soup
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to gaspacho soup Send a message via AIM to gaspacho soup
Berserk game for dreamcast?!

I'm not posting the link to the site as it has a direct link for downloading the game.

Quote:
Team NEXUS presents.... "Sword Of The Berserk"

It's mayhem, murder, and manga on Dreamcast. You take on the role of a one-eyed ex-mercenary named Guts, whose bloodlust is dwarfed only by his lust for a really big sword. The epic Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage is the US translation of the Japanese hit Berserk, a solo adventure set in medieval times.

In Sword of the Berserk, a parasite plagues the land,
transforming the citizenry into creatures of evil. While you're exploring that little mystery, you'll tangle with plenty of bad guys.

A fighting-game-style combo system allows you to dole out the hurt with multiple weapons and cool attack moves. If you take enough damage, Guts goes berserk, fighting with unimaginable fury. Add a witty elfin fairy, a tyrannical king, an insane girlfriend, and a land overrun by evil, and you have game that will set your pulse racing.

Incredible cut-scene movies that will absorb you into the Berserk world. Furious and bloody sword fighting to an imaginative music soundtrack. Three levels of difficulty: easy, medium, and hard with quick timer events. Six of the toughest bosses you will ever tangle with.

Beat the single-player game to open several new gameplay modes like Battle Arena! Fisticuffs, melee, missile, and edged weapon combat against hordes of villains.

NOTE: You need at least WinRAR 2.9/3.0 to open it, else
you'll get a error message.

Posted: 26.04.2002 20:47:34 by cabal
Language: English
What's up with this? I've never heard about it, and i thought dreamcast stopped making games!

Anyway.. my friend is dling it now (a 600meg file at 2k/second, and he's on cable -_-), i should have it in about a week..i'll keep u guys updated with screenshots etc if your interested.

Last edited by gaspacho soup; 09-05-2002 at 10:20 AM.
gaspacho soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:42 PM   #2   [permalink]
Rulakir
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Rulakir Send a message via AIM to Rulakir Send a message via Yahoo to Rulakir
Re: Berserk game for dreamcast?!

Quote:
Originally posted by gaspacho soup
What's up with this? I've never heard about it, and i thought dreamcast stopped making games!
Sword of Berserk has been out for a while, say about two years. It was released sometime in 2000.
Old 10-05-2002, 08:48 PM   #3   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
yeah it came out a while ago when the dreamcast was still alive
Old 14-05-2002, 11:38 PM   #4   [permalink]
Takara

It was a fun Hack'n'Slash, though it was too easy even on hard (except for Zodd). They screwed the translation in a few places like insinuating that Griffith became Zodd, and some other really stupid stuff, but the dub was pretty good.
Old 24-05-2002, 03:11 PM   #5   [permalink]
Kamui Magami
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Kamui Magami Send a message via Yahoo to Kamui Magami
Quote:
Originally posted by tekblade
yeah it came out a while ago when the dreamcast was still alive

you meany poo!!!!!

actually in Japan Dreamcast games are still in developement

......well.....last time i was there they were. anywho the game is good. but i think it should have been more like the series instead of an episode. it was so short!!!! all around though, i liked it and still play it.

but it should have been an outline of the series in my opinion.

and yes.......it has been out for quite a while

Xion--"Then the Devil's throwin' snowballs..."
Kamui Magami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 01:18 AM   #6   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
One of my friends bought this a few days ago. It more than makes up for the lack of real violence in the anime.

It's a hack & slash game, but what a game it is. There is a plot and it continues on after the ending of the anime. The story actually isn't half-bad. The voice acting, besides an annoying new character called Puck, is great with Gatts sounding as he should - gruff and blunt. The music is a close derivative of the anime's music, meaning it's awesome.

The gameplay is straightforward yet fairly detailed. You have two attack buttons, one for horizontal slashes and one for verticle. You can fire his hand-cannon, his crossbow, and throw knives. Gatts' sword takes center stage, of course, and it glides and whistles through the air effortlessly. You can sheathe it for quicker movement if you want, but we had more fun watching Gatts stomp around through the levels, menacingly holding the sword out behind him. There is a berserk mode, triggered by a meter below the life bar. As Gatts is attacked and he pulls off successful attacks of his own, this anger meter rises. When it maxes out, the screen takes on a red tone and his one eye glows bright red. When in Berserk mode, Gatts swinges faster and harder, and doesn't have to worry about his sword banging off nearby walls...something that we had to plan ahead for when in normal mode.

Fighting Zodd was insane. He's a tough mother.

We haven't gotten to the ending yet, and I wasn't around for much of the fighting, but I did like what I saw. After you get to a certain point in each level, a cut scene using the in-game 3D graphics engine plays, developing the story and furthering the plot. These scenes are saved and available for viewing once you get past them.

All in all, I'd give the game a strong 7 out of 10. It probably doesn't have much replay value, but it is great fun to watch (sometimes your sword doesn't cut through your enemies...it knocks their asses clear across the screen!) and play.
Drizzten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2002, 05:27 PM   #7   [permalink]
Kamui Magami
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Kamui Magami Send a message via Yahoo to Kamui Magami
i think we've all played it Drzz...

get the rest of the manga too. you'll see that episode in there.

sucks skull knight was only shown in the ending. but the game, IMO, was excellent and deserves it's due respect. heck i have lost count on how many times i've played it. i hope they'll make another installment of the series.

hey, anything's possible

by the way. did the USA version have english dubb or was it in Nihongo? i only have the Japanese version so i don't know what the voices in the USA version was like. if any of you know (ofcourse you do) please inform me.

Xion--"Then the Devil's throwin' snowballs..."
Kamui Magami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2002, 05:22 PM   #8   [permalink]
Nemesis1311

Send a message via AIM to Nemesis1311
Re: Berserk game for dreamcast?!

Quote:
Originally posted by gaspacho soup
I'm not posting the link to the site as it has a direct link for downloading the game.

Anyway.. my friend is dling it now (a 600meg file at 2k/second, and he's on cable -_-), i should have it in about a week..i'll keep u guys updated with screenshots etc if your interested.
It came out be4 they stopped.
sadly it isnt related to the series much and ismeant to be after the whole thing where gattsu (spell?) lost his eye and arm. I think it was the last one. It is an awesome game! in fact its Jaw dropping!
CU
UNIVERSITY

Majoring in WHAT!
With a minor in The Bottom Line

CLASS OF 3:16
Nemesis1311 is offline   Reply With Quote