Old 26-01-2003, 01:45 AM   #1   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

The Electromagnetic Cannons

The Electromagnetic Cannons in Crest of the Stars, or the torpedo launchers in other words, were seen as massive cannons so large they extended from their cruiser-class ships.

The Gosroth and the Futune, for example, all had the four large cannons extending from their hull.

But in Banner of the Stars, did the Abh go through some sort of technological breakthrough that allowed them to incorporate Electromagnetic cannons into their ships without having them extend out like that?

Few ships in Banner seem to have them, yet we see them fire electromagnetic cannons that seem to be within their hull. Commander in Chief Abriel and Commander in Chief Spoor all seem to have traded in their older command ships for newer versions with built in, not so easily seen cannons as well.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2003, 04:33 PM   #2   [permalink]
Shifter

I think it might have had more to due with the heavy losses that the Ahb took during the triple Alliance's attack. So when they started to rebuild, the newest deigns on the drawing board were used.
Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:55 PM   #3   [permalink]
AKM

The basdroid? class and large ships seemed to have more laser based weapons, the 'missile' launchers of the 1st series moved onto those cross shaped super launchers, or as 'vertical launch' from hulls (like modern submarines).
AKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:58 AM   #4   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

I'm aware that the Basroil and ships similar to it don't have those weapons. They are only an Assault-class. Destroyer-class don't have them either, though their Anti-Proton beams seem stronger than an Assault-type.

Anyway, I just noticed the redesigned launchers for the Larger cruisers. I know it makes more sense, but I would have liked to see a few old classes still in commission with that old design. A few of them, like the standard ships in the Abh fleet at the Battle of Sufugnoff, and Commander in Chief Abriel's Flagship looked pretty cool.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote