Old 20-07-2002, 03:42 PM   #16   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Quote:
Originally posted by Pen2

So blegh to you. Yes, Eva2000 likes Pokémon. You want to know something else? I like Pokémon to some degree. That doesn't mean there should be a forum that will attract a certain type of posters based on exceptions. The primary demographic for Pokémon fans is pre-teens. AB is hardly pre-teen friendly.

Shuning those who are like yourself is not what I'd call honorable… So, we may hav a childish element within that needs to be troubleshooted… Why are you so afraid of it?
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2002, 03:09 AM   #17   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Quote:
Originally posted by Black_Knight

Shuning those who are like yourself is not what I'd call honorable… So, we may hav a childish element within that needs to be troubleshooted… Why are you so afraid of it?

Thank you for missing the point entirely. I'm saying that mature Pokémon fans are in the vast minority to the immature ones. The mature ones can be sated with a thread in Other Anime. An entire forum for it will only end up attracting the immature ones.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2002, 08:55 AM   #18   [permalink]
DarkGremlin
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to DarkGremlin
As misinformed or misconstrude as it may be, I think I have a theory...

Pokemon and Digimon seem to have faded away as far as being 'fads' goes, so I think it might be safe to say that the majority of people who post in such a forum would probably be anime fans and not just young children who like watching Pokemon battles and such.

It seems to be done with, they had their 15 mins of fame... and now it's just another tv show.
Old 21-07-2002, 01:23 PM   #19   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Well at this time, it appers that the merchandicing blitz is over, and the American Hype is dead…

Just give it a chance…

There is no middle ground, you like it, or you don't…
-Bishop Oro
Old 25-04-2003, 06:19 PM   #20   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

You know, how I am, I'll never let go of something I sink my teeth into and this is one of them. Most of my points have already been given but it's good to go over them again.

1. Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Ranger IS ANIME, it's been given to the Ignorant American public in a different way though... Hell, Dragon Ball Z is the same and their isn't as much ill-willed thoughts to it...So your rationalizing that it is the apitimy of evil sent from the boawls of hell to destory you and your little world and accept it.

Next...

*In Denis Leary's mocking voice*

Quote:
Well, what about all the kids that will join for the pokemon forum and then flame, spam and turn the place into a day care center?
Also in the immortal words of Denis Leary, "Shut the ---- up,"

2. People, all you have to do is assert some more force in that area than others. Since when was the last time moderation was nesscary in the Anime Convention Forums? And with this task force of moderators you got, and the assholes within them, Pen2 , etc... You'd be able to make any forum knuckle under to the law. It might take time, but lay some ground rules like "No 'who's better?' threads" Or "talk about the video game should be left within the video game forums" This stuff is prefectly logical. And while we're at it, did all of a sudden did all the men here lose their balls or something? They don't want to take a chance at this? It's not like it will make or break AB. This is just going to be like the Manga forum, give it a ------- chance and take a ------- chance once in a while.

Quote:
Well, what can we actually talk about in the Pokemon forum?
3. Want a list? The symbolic relationship between Pokemon and humans, The morality tales within each show, Team Rocket, the evolution of the characters through the series, the technolgiy used, what do you find apealing of the show? How they made all those clones of Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny... And the coup de grace...

http://animeboards.com/t10264/s.html

Quote:
Well, we want to keep Anime Boards a mature place

4. Now that's the biggest pile of bullshit I read since that so-called connection between Iraq and terrorism. Take a good look at most of the threads that are posted around here, immature would be a compliment to them for christ sake.

I'll finish up later...
-Bishop Oro
Old 25-04-2003, 08:43 PM   #21   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
It won't work for a few reasons. One only two people on the boards talk about Pokemon and other assorted throwaway series with any sort of regularity as the following thread that was created as an experimental forum will show. Secondly the ideas given by one individual in this thread and others through out the board are not much more than a fanboy stretching what's there to make something seem deep (the same is done with Evangelion). Thirdly I doubt that very few anime fans here would be willing to admit that they are fans of this series. Fourth there are enough forums on the boards already and one all encompassing mon forum only will clutter the boards more. Repeating what I stated earlier, this is an extraneous forum that wouldn't add much to anime boards.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2003, 10:23 PM   #22   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Oh please, if Eva2000 was benevolent enough to give movies their own sections, then I bet a series that has over 200+ eps would be able to get it.

Also Flakner and I are the only ones who openly admit we like Pokemon, Digimon and openly talk about it. Pokemon to animeboards is like admiting your gay to the catholic church... It's so frowned upon, I just don't get it.

Besides I dare anyone to read the Pokemon manga and say otherwise. It's much more mature and it still keeps a great sense of humor...
-Bishop Oro
Old 26-04-2003, 10:38 PM   #23   [permalink]
SenshiNaka
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to SenshiNaka Send a message via Yahoo to SenshiNaka
Ill admit that Pokemon is cool and it teaches us things, but im not gay to the catholic church.
I think BN has a good point, and if the forum is destroyed by immature kids then kill it...
Also like BN has said take a chance, a ------- chance to be exact...
SenshiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2003, 02:01 AM   #24   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Oh please, if Eva2000 was benevolent enough to give movies their own sections, then I bet a series that has over 200+ eps would be able to get it.
That because most of those movies are capable of starting deep thought provoking discussion because the evidence is there. Your so called "deep thought" ideas are merely fanboy ruminations on something not there. Pokemon would not provide discussion whatsoever.

Quote:
Also Flakner and I are the only ones who openly admit we like Pokemon, Digimon and openly talk about it. Pokemon to animeboards is like admiting your gay to the catholic church... It's so frowned upon, I just don't get it.
Try its more like admitting that you enjoy trashy reality TV. No one here wants to be accused of having poor taste. It has nothing to do with being frowned upon.

Quote:
Besides I dare anyone to read the Pokemon manga and say otherwise. It's much more mature and it still keeps a great sense of humor...
I've read the Pokemon manga and it isn't much more than a more violent version of the anime. It's not that good either.
Old 27-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #25   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira
That because most of those movies are capable of starting deep thought provoking discussion because the evidence is there. Your so called "deep thought" ideas are merely fanboy ruminations on something not there. Pokemon would not provide discussion whatsoever.
You only see it that way because your mind is so closed to any ideas that pokemon is a good series. Even if Pokemon is taken over by someone such as Katsuhiro Otomo, you'd still hate it because? It's POKEMON!

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira Try its more like admitting that you enjoy trashy reality TV. No one here wants to be accused of having poor taste. It has nothing to do with being frowned upon.
Your words betray the argumet you make...

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira I've read the Pokemon manga and it isn't much more than a more violent version of the anime. It's not that good either.
I wonder why you hate it so much? Hmmm...

Besides, what's wrong with giving it an experimental forum? If you're so sure you're right, then let it go and then laugh as it goes burning down in flames...
-Bishop Oro
Old 28-04-2003, 12:16 AM   #26   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
You only see it that way because your mind is so closed to any ideas that pokemon is a good series. Even if Pokemon is taken over by someone such as Katsuhiro Otomo, you'd still hate it because? It's POKEMON!
Never said I hated it. You're inferring information that isn't there. All I've said is that it's a shallow television marketing tool. Besides it depends if Otomo could make it interesting. I'm more than willing to give a creator a chance to work their magic on material I wouldn't think had potential. By the way, congratulations on not mangling Katushiro Otomo's name.

Quote:
I wonder why you hate it so much? Hmmm...
Once again I never said I hated it. I don't like it because I'm a comic buff and know the difference between good comics and bad ones. Pokemon manga falls under bad comics. I don't like bad comics.

Quote:
Besides, what's wrong with giving it an experimental forum? If you're so sure you're right, then let it go and then laugh as it goes burning down in flames...
Five words: Eva2K hates to waste bandwidth. If the indication from the already experimental mon forum thread is any indication, this will turn into another Gasaraki forum. It's a cult series on this board, discussion is next to non existant and any fans that are here like it for only one of two reasons; they feel kitshy or they're weird and enjoy. A Pokemon forum will never survive.
Old 28-04-2003, 08:01 PM   #27   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Never said I hated it. You're inferring information that isn't there. All I've said is that it's a shallow television marketing tool. Besides it depends if Otomo could make it interesting. I'm more than willing to give a creator a chance to work their magic on material I wouldn't think had potential. By the way, congratulations on not mangling Katushiro Otomo's name.
I never knew that you were ever able to speak on Katushiro Otomo's behalf, you must really be devoted to be able to have such a tight bond as to what he can, and cannot do... Then again, you make it sound like he needs your blessings to do it. Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira Once again I never said I hated it. I don't like it because I'm a comic buff and know the difference between good comics and bad ones. Pokemon manga falls under bad comics. I don't like bad comics.
I belive that hate and dislike are almost the same. You can rationalize all you want, you still hate it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira Five words: Eva2K hates to waste bandwidth. If the indication from the already experimental mon forum thread is any indication, this will turn into another Gasaraki forum. It's a cult series on this board, discussion is next to non existant and any fans that are here like it for only one of two reasons; they feel kitshy or they're weird and enjoy. A Pokemon forum will never survive.
So, it might be fated to be a Gasaraki forum, but their still are worth while aspects to the series, in both... Give it a chance, and I know the Commander never likes to take chances and I sure as hell won't change his mind. Unless of course I get my self to Australia, scale the fence of his mansion, get by his guards, through the camoflauged traps, get into his war room where he is ploting his next move, and hold him at gun point... But that's never gonna happen...
-Bishop Oro
Old 29-04-2003, 12:46 AM   #28   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
I never knew that you were ever able to speak on Katushiro Otomo's behalf, you must really be devoted to be able to have such a tight bond as to what he can, and cannot do... Then again, you make it sound like he needs your blessings to do it. Really?
I only mentioned that in passing. You have a habit of mangling names as evidenced in this thread and other ones. You read into that a bit too much. The congratulations were in order simply because I was amazed that you spelled a name with so many letters.

Quote:
I belive that hate and dislike are almost the same. You can rationalize all you want, you still hate it.
Your belief would be wrong then because there is a large difference between dislike and hate. Dictionary.com defines both words as

Quote:
dislike; To regard with distaste or aversion

Quote:
hate; (a)To feel hostility or animosity toward, (b)To detest

Dislike is merely a less severe form of hate. If anything I'm apathetic to what Pokemon is. It's merely a marketing tool for a major corporation regardless if it teaches lessons in a shallow manner thus isn't really of concern to me. Seeing bandwidth wasted is my concern here which is what would happen if a Pokemon forum was founded.

Quote:
So, it might be fated to be a Gasaraki forum, but their still are worth while aspects to the series, in both... Give it a chance, and I know the Commander never likes to take chances and I sure as hell won't change his mind. Unless of course I get my self to Australia, scale the fence of his mansion, get by his guards, through the camoflauged traps, get into his war room where he is ploting his next move, and hold him at gun point... But that's never gonna happen...
First off you completely misinterpreted that part of the post. The comparison was merely made between it's fanbase not the series. Pokemon has a cult following on these boards mainly in the same way that Gasaraki does but that's where the comparisons end. Comparing the two series together is equivalent of comparing the brilliant 1975-80 writing and cast of Saturday Night Live to the entire run of Hee Haw. Gasaraki was a series that was made to be seen on many different levels and if you had seen the series you would realize that. Pokemon is once again nothing more than a marketing tool geared towards children that more than likely has those "messages" that teach as nothing more than a cover to make the show not look like the commercial it is. They did the same thing in the 80s in American television with GI Joe and Transformers.

As for the second part of that statement, I think you need to get out more and realize the difference between your little world and reality. It's a big one.
Old 29-04-2003, 10:56 PM   #29   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
I only mentioned that in passing. You have a habit of mangling names as evidenced in this thread and other ones. You read into that a bit too much. The congratulations were in order simply because I was amazed that you spelled a name with so many letters.
So then, I can consider that a flame and press the warning button on you, is that it? Also evade the inquary I made... Interesting.

Quote:
Your belief would be wrong then because there is a large difference between dislike and hate. Dictionary.com defines both words as

Dislike is merely a less severe form of hate. If anything I'm apathetic to what Pokemon is. It's merely a marketing tool for a major corporation regardless if it teaches lessons in a shallow manner thus isn't really of concern to me. Seeing bandwidth wasted is my concern here which is what would happen if a Pokemon forum was founded.
Yup, you can really second guess the whims of the adminisration here. And saying you dislike it... Ha, that's a symatical difference to hate... Like I said, you can mask your animosity all you want, but it doesn't make a lick of difference, anyone so persistant in stopping the creation of a forum mearly for the reason of bandwidth, it really makes you think what the real motives are.

Quote:
Originally posted by Project Akira First off you completely misinterpreted that part of the post. The comparison was merely made between it's fanbase not the series. Pokemon has a cult following on these boards mainly in the same way that Gasaraki does but that's where the comparisons end. Comparing the two series together is equivalent of comparing the brilliant 1975-80 writing and cast of Saturday Night Live to the entire run of Hee Haw. Gasaraki was a series that was made to be seen on many different levels and if you had seen the series you would realize that. Pokemon is once again nothing more than a marketing tool geared towards children that more than likely has those "messages" that teach as nothing more than a cover to make the show not look like the commercial it is. They did the same thing in the 80s in American television with GI Joe and Transformers.

As for the second part of that statement, I think you need to get out more and realize the difference between your little world and reality. It's a big one.
And as I said before, and again, this is not a matter of how deep you can go with everything, it's a matter of substance... The show can be as shallow as Dragon Ball Z... And you can still manage a lot of leverage.

But do adhear to one thing, seeing how this conversation is pointless allow us to stop it and find a final solution... (In other words, don't reply to anything above, seeing how I won't if you decide to, negating the entire reason for the orignal posting.)

As a concluding remark seeing how this is nothing more than a stalemate, how about a parlay instead between are memberships? If Eva2000 does allow the Pokemon forum to be created and it fails. (Naturally and not through sabatoge) I will resign my membership here. But, BUT if it is able to survive, you resign your membership...

A bold bet which I am willing to wager, but are you so sure that your right to do it?

Like I said, when I sink my teeth into an idea, I will see it grow or burn to ashes around me and take me with it.
-Bishop Oro
Old 29-04-2003, 11:38 PM   #30   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

No I won't agree to it because for I do not trust you whatsoever and thus cannot trust you to hold up your end. It's a stupid wager anyways. I don't care that you're here honestly. All I care about is seeing yet another forum created where nothing is discussed except for every once in awhile when some newbie asks a question about the series then goes off to watch another series. I'm sorry that concept doesn't fit into your perception of why I'm doing this but that's the truth. This sort of thing would be a waste of bandwidth and netspace.