bigbi

Sailor Moon
Ayashi no Ceres
Evangelion
Old 01-10-2005, 08:27 AM   #302   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
.....Nothing!! I'm waiting for my computer to come in from Japan, so in the mean time I'm just re-watching some of anime DVD's that I actually own.

Robotech
Rurouni Kenshin
Blue Seed
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:53 AM   #303   [permalink]
sjyek

trinity blood!!!
sjyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:53 PM   #304   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Noir. For some reason after watching Gunslinger Girl, I couldn't watch it anymore but I'll still try to watch all of it.
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #305   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

I'm currently watching GiTS : Stand Alone Complex - 2nd Gig.., my anime watching has slowed to a trickle as of late...,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 03:03 PM   #306   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I just finished watching RahXephon which was the first relatively new anime series I have watched in years. Definitely enjoyed the hell out of it.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #307   [permalink]
Squall Leonhart
Forum Addicted

Send a message via MSN to Squall Leonhart
i LOVED Rah.... minus the last two episodes. other than that I thought it was great.

X
FMA
Old 17-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #308   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart
i LOVED Rah.... minus the last two episodes. other than that I thought it was great.
I liked the last two episodes of it well at least a whole lot more than I liked the last two episodes for Evangelion (though RahXephon has inspired me to rewatch Evangelion again).
Old 20-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #309   [permalink]
7thchildren
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to 7thchildren
Currently Watching:
Bleach
Rewatching Evangelion
rewatching outlawstar
and just starting Gun X Sword
Old 21-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #310   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

A question.....does hentai count here?!! Well here's what I'm watching now:

Dark Shell
Silent Mobius
Ninja Scroll: The Series
Old 23-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #311   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ACE2001
A question.....does hentai count here?!!
Nobody watches hentai for the actual story just like no one actually reads the articles in Playboy.

Also currently rewatching Cowboy Bebop and Gundam MS 08th Team
Old 23-10-2005, 11:35 PM   #312   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
The most recent anime I watched was the third InuYasha movie that I recently purchased on DVD.

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2005, 10:07 AM   #313   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Project Akira
Nobody watches hentai for the actual story just like no one actually reads the articles in Playboy.

Also currently rewatching Cowboy Bebop and Gundam MS 08th Team

Well....that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Believe or not, there are some hentai out there that has a good if not great plot. Bible Black would be a HUGE example as it's discussed in numerous hentai threads. If you check over at animenation you would see that it does offer alot of plot despite the fact that it does have lucious sex scenes. Some others to mention are Night Shift Nurses, Daijuku, End of Summer, and Urotsukidoji. I'm one of those people whom watch it for the plot as well. I treat it as I was just watching regular anime, which you may find hard to believe. I guess the point I'm trying to illustrate is that yes, some hentai are there for the sex scenes, but there is hentai that is also focused heavily on plot and people watch it for plot.

Anyways, on to the discussion at hand, I just finished watching The Devil Lady and I must say that this was ONE HELL OF A ANIME (pun intended). The ending even had me more of awe and confusion of this anime. I'm going to put it in spoilers for people whom haven't seen it:

Spoiler:
Is Jun the "Devil"? Did she defeat "God" per say? Is Jun now good or evil? Does she rule the earth?

Anyways this was definately one of the most ingaging anime series that I have seen in awhile since Full Metal Alchemist.
Old 25-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #314   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Well....that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Believe or not, there are some hentai out there that has a good if not great plot. Bible Black would be a HUGE example as it's discussed in numerous hentai threads. If you check over at animenation you would see that it does offer alot of plot despite the fact that it does have lucious sex scenes. Some others to mention are Night Shift Nurses, Daijuku, End of Summer, and Urotsukidoji. I'm one of those people whom watch it for the plot as well. I treat it as I was just watching regular anime, which you may find hard to believe. I guess the point I'm trying to illustrate is that yes, some hentai are there for the sex scenes, but there is hentai that is also focused heavily on plot and people watch it for plot.
That was meant as a joke, not the inclusion of the phrase "No one reads Playboy for the articles". Apparently that got lost in the translation

Anyways, on to the discussion at hand, I just finished watching The Devil Lady and I must say that this was ONE HELL OF A ANIME (pun intended). The ending even had me more of awe and confusion of this anime. I'm going to put it in spoilers for people whom haven't seen it:

Spoiler:
Is Jun the "Devil"? Did she defeat "God" per say? Is Jun now good or evil? Does she rule the earth?

Anyways this was definately one of the most ingaging anime series that I have seen in awhile since Full Metal Alchemist.
I saw Devil Lady myself recently and personally I was underwhelmed by the 180 the series takes at the end to which we're supposed to believe

Spoiler:
That Jun just outright accepts her bestial side and forsakes her human side when the whole point of the series was her trying to find balance between the two, showing that a beast could be human as well and vice versa? It just defeats the purpose of the series. The fight between her and Asuka was cool but it didn't make much sense since the whole development of Asuka being an Angel really came out of nowhere.

Before the last 7 or 8 episodes I enjoyed it as an entertaining series. I just felt that the last few episodes seemed to put twists in there that didn't need to be there. I understand that the story is a reinterpretation of DevilMan but if the man character was a woman but I honestly felt the ending could have been handled better. However to answer your question

Spoiler:
Jun defeated God's representative on Earth or as Asuka was called "The Child of God". If anything Jun would be the Anti-Christ to Asuka's Second Coming. Jun doesn't rule the earth because the point of her was that she offered free will and the opportunity to build paradise of our own choice whereas the Child of God seemed to create subjugation though that led to peace and paradise on Earth. I get the feeling the translation left a lot out or at least the dub did.
Old 26-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #315   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Project Akira
That was meant as a joke, not the inclusion of the phrase "No one reads Playboy for the articles". Apparently that got lost in the translation

I saw Devil Lady myself recently and personally I was underwhelmed by the 180 the series takes at the end to which we're supposed to believe

Spoiler:
That Jun just outright accepts her bestial side and forsakes her human side when the whole point of the series was her trying to find balance between the two, showing that a beast could be human as well and vice versa? It just defeats the purpose of the series. The fight between her and Asuka was cool but it didn't make much sense since the whole development of Asuka being an Angel really came out of nowhere.

Before the last 7 or 8 episodes I enjoyed it as an entertaining series. I just felt that the last few episodes seemed to put twists in there that didn't need to be there. I understand that the story is a reinterpretation of DevilMan but if the man character was a woman but I honestly felt the ending could have been handled better. However to answer your question

Spoiler:
Jun defeated God's representative on Earth or as Asuka was called "The Child of God". If anything Jun would be the Anti-Christ to Asuka's Second Coming. Jun doesn't rule the earth because the point of her was that she offered free will and the opportunity to build paradise of our own choice whereas the Child of God seemed to create subjugation though that led to peace and paradise on Earth. I get the feeling the translation left a lot out or at least the dub did.
My badd!!! I'm just tired of people bashing hentai as if were just this bad diseaseyou know.

Spoiler:
As for your comments on the Devil Lady, it makes alot of since to me now, but to be quite honest I was suprised that "The Child of God" lost. After all, isn't good supposed to conquer evil in the end or was it the fact that Asuka truly wasn't good....I don't know the whole ending seemed very ironic to me. I see what your saying but since she defeated the "Child of God" I thought that would make her the "ruler" of earth, especially when the President ended up killing himself. The only question now is whom side is Jun exactly on? Yeah, she's the Devil Lady, but she's content on living a "good life"....I may have to end up watching the last few episodes again to get the true meaning of everything.