Old 27-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #316   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Originally Posted by ACE2001
Spoiler:
As for your comments on the Devil Lady, it makes alot of since to me now, but to be quite honest I was suprised that "The Child of God" lost. After all, isn't good supposed to conquer evil in the end or was it the fact that Asuka truly wasn't good....I don't know the whole ending seemed very ironic to me. I see what your saying but since she defeated the "Child of God" I thought that would make her the "ruler" of earth, especially when the President ended up killing himself. The only question now is whom side is Jun exactly on? Yeah, she's the Devil Lady, but she's content on living a "good life"....I may have to end up watching the last few episodes again to get the true meaning of everything.
Spoiler:
I don't think that Jun became ruler of earth. She simply gave people the opportunity to be rule over themselves. As for what side Jun is on, I think she now just wants to be left alone and live the rest of her days in private. Notice she doesn't make a point of pointing out she beat the Child of God when she walks by those kids at the end. I think that she simply wants to see a peaceful coexistance between men and beasts.

Also currently rewatching Cowboy Bebop.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 09:18 AM   #317   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I recently caught Black Cat.It has some good drama,action and the perfect dose of comedy.I like all the characters and I especially like how the main character is a serious character without too much badassness(is that even a word?).I really don't like the new breed of super badass heroes.
Old 28-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #318   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Originally Posted by Project Akira
Spoiler:
I don't think that Jun became ruler of earth. She simply gave people the opportunity to be rule over themselves. As for what side Jun is on, I think she now just wants to be left alone and live the rest of her days in private. Notice she doesn't make a point of pointing out she beat the Child of God when she walks by those kids at the end. I think that she simply wants to see a peaceful coexistance between men and beasts.

Also currently rewatching Cowboy Bebop.

Spoiler:
That's the problem though as I see it virtual impossible to live her life in private. She expects the people to rule themselves without a "leader." I'm pretty sure that the harmony between men and beasts won't last as long and you may have some pepole whom either don't like or are scared of beasts and beasts whom don't like people.

What she did was a "HUGE" deal. She defeated the "Child of God" and now expects no resistance from Heaven? To me she seemed very non-chalant about it, like oh it's over now....She's transended from being a normal Devil Lady to the ruler of Hell, figuratively speaking since she absorbed all the beasts power into her. Don't get me wrong, I want her to live her life in peace as she definately went through horrible ordeals that you wouldn't wish on anybody, but to me it just looks too.....easy. Another thing I'm wondering is is she Immortal? After she is "THE DEVIL LADY." If that's the case, then she definately won't be able to live her life peacefully and quietly.....
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:41 AM   #319   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished watching Betterman......I must say that the whole series was completely weird, especially the ending...It left me with a somewhat empty feeling.
Old 17-11-2005, 06:26 AM   #320   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

An update:

Bible Black: Recollection
Chibo

Robotech- It's strange because I find myself re-watching this more than any other anime I have, even Bebop. I guess it's because of the simplicity of the anime.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:08 AM   #321   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

I made a concious effort since I last logged onto AB to actually watch some more anime, so I've been re-watching a load of old stuff..,

Noir - This series doesn't really get any better watching the second time around, still far too many flash back scenes..,

Devilman Lady - I didn't think much of this show the first time I saw it, but the second time around it grew on me, so I enjoyed it a lot more.., the ending is still kind of a let down though..,

Shoujo Kakumei Utena - I LOVE this series & the movie too, so nuff said..,

Next on the re-watching list are Rahxephon & the Platinum Edition of Evangelion (I bought the thinpak thingy).., re-watching Evangelion is gonna be a strange experience since I haven't seen the show since I saw the movies back in 2000..,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #322   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

I would recommend "Last Exile" that series was pretty good IMO ...

Rewatched: "Flame of Recca" and "Rourouni Kenshin"

Presently watching:

"Samurai7" ... looks promising.

"Shura No Toki" is pretty good to (although kind of short)

"Full Metal Panic - Second Raid" IMO pretty good ... but short

Last edited by SamIam; 03-12-2005 at 04:53 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #323   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Currently watching:
PeaceMaker
Onegai/Please Twins
Evangelion
GitS: The second season
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #324   [permalink]
David Ikari
Forum Master

- Japanese version of Cardcaptors
- Fruits Basket
- Honey & Clover

man, what happened to my Bleach and various man shows? <: /
David Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #325   [permalink]
Squall Leonhart
Forum Addicted

Send a message via MSN to Squall Leonhart
Originally Posted by EVA fiend
Evangelion is gonna be a strange experience since I haven't seen the show since I saw the movies back in 2000..,
some fiend you are...

pfft
Old 05-12-2005, 09:59 AM   #326   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Originally Posted by EVA fiend
Next on the re-watching list are Rahxephon & the Platinum Edition of Evangelion (I bought the thinpak thingy).., re-watching Evangelion is gonna be a strange experience since I haven't seen the show since I saw the movies back in 2000..,
Yeah I rewatched all of Evangelion recently myself after watching RahXephon. It was sort of a strange experience especially given that I absolutely loathed Eva after the last time I watched it. Rewatching it, I came to the conclusion that I loathed the hardcore Eva fans but had a respect for the series that I didn't have previously though I still think has it's flaws. It's a series that I think definitely merits rewatching every few years.

By the way Fiend and speaking of old anime, have you seen this? By this, I mean the boxset (since I know you've watched the series) that has been released (at least stateside)? This boxset is very high on my Christmas wishlist given that the box itself is a model of the Eye of Vogler.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #327   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Yeah I rewatched all of Evangelion recently myself after watching RahXephon. It was sort of a strange experience especially given that I absolutely loathed Eva after the last time I watched it. Rewatching it, I came to the conclusion that I loathed the hardcore Eva fans but had a respect for the series that I didn't have previously though I still think has it's flaws. It's a series that I think definitely merits rewatching every few years.

By the way Fiend and speaking of old anime, have you seen this? By this, I mean the boxset (since I know you've watched the series) that has been released (at least stateside)? This boxset is very high on my Christmas wishlist given that the box itself is a model of the Eye of Vogler.
As much as I respect and admire what Evangelion achieved, I still feel that it's achilles heel is the Japanese penchant for starting out with a bang and ending with a whimper. Kind of like the Soap Opera production mentality ... as in ... okay guys ... we got them hooked ... what do we do for the next episode? Any ideas?
Old 22-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #328   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Another Update from me:

Paradise Kiss
Ah! My Goddess
Karin
Suzuka
Shuffle!
Blood+
Shakugan no Shana

And on the Hentai side:
Cambrian
Enbo Taboo 6
Old 23-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #329   [permalink]
RiPPa
Executive Member

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
GetBackers
Peace Maker
Chrono Crusade
Saiyuki
Gunslinger Girl
So fumofu means second raid?
RiPPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2005, 10:46 AM   #330   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

I saw Hellsing for the first time about a week ago.., I've had the first DVD of the series sat on the shelf for over two years, but I didn't get round to watching till recently.., started off pretty well, well enough to get me to buy the rest of series, but the ending was rather inconclusive.., then I got hold of the translated manga, & I have to say that the manga beats the anime hands down, the anime is now pants IMO..., I've heard that the new OAV series follows the manga more closely though, so I'm looking forward to it..,

Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart
some fiend you are...
pfft
I suppose I deserve that.., though the 'fiend' in my name has more to do with the UK title of Urotsukidoji than Evangelion...,

I have that on my wants list too.., my VHS tapes of the series are definately on their way out...,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote