Old 29-06-2000, 04:38 PM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Question

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/19/00 2:31:36 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All What is an A.T. Field ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This question comes up alot at other places...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A.T. Field]
Abbreviation of "ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD". A physical barrier of absolute field put out by the Angels and EVA’s. It boasts enormous defensive power, and it is able to greatly reduce the power of all attacking weapons.

The ability of EVA to neutralize the A.T.Field of the Angels is one major reason why EVA was considered as the only weapon against the Angels. However, the same A.T.Field does not exist only in the Angels or EVA’s. Human also possesses this field.

With this A.T.Field, human is able to keep seperate from each other, and to stay in seperate physical forms. Nagisa Kaworu explained A.T.Field as "a barrier of heart that everybody has".

David Ikari
EVA-Pilot
(3/27/00 12:06:48 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del AT field
The AT feild is the light of the soul, and can provide a physcal barrier. A physical wall is only produced by the Angels (and EVA's considering they are clones of an Angel). If two AT feild's synch perfectly, they can penetrte each other. In real terms, and AT feild is said to be produced by people with high ego's, or thoses with autism. Have a think about how that relates to tha Neon Genisis AT feild

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/27/00 11:44:24 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: What is an A.T. Field ?
This is one i am wanting to comment on but do not feel i can put into words my current thoughts.

The apsect in Autism is interesting, but one would think that everyone has an A.T. feild, those with autism have a very pronounced one.
In EoE the errosion of the A.T. feild was not only responsible for the uniting of everyones minds, but also the liquifing of the body. i suspect that that liquide itself turns more gaseous until it fades away completly.

All of the Children have strong A.T. fields as well, Shinji is a bit unfriendly, Rei is Rei (what more can be said) and Asuka has a lot to hide. (4th child also is a bit in himself).

Yui onthe other hand seems to be the perfect humanitarian, very open, or having a less pronounced A.T. feild (possibly making her more prone to absorbtion? Asuka's mother was less lucky and the failure of her A.T.feild to break down resulted in maddness? until her death when she moved to 02)

Im open to any suggestions.

ATh

corpse
NERV-Technician
(3/29/00 12:00:19 am)
didnt kaoru say somethin about how everyone has an at field? but they just dont know it or how to use it?

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/1/00 10:57:22 am)
Yeah. He called it "a barrier of the soul that everyone has" i think. Humans are supposed to have an A.T. Field according to the series. It's somehow linked to the "missing part" of the human conciousness (The reason for the third impact)

I think......
----"Gyaaa" -Pen˛

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/1/00 5:24:47 pm)
Hey Pen2 been a while since i saw you around here

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/3/00 12:47:10 am)
Hey Pen2 its been a while,

I don't know what you mean by linked to the missing part of the soul. It seems (to me) that the A.T. feild is what give humans form, both physically and mentally. If is is linked with the missing part, the core of nothingness, then i think it would be that this is what gives it shape and strength as everything else (what is is to be Human) clings to the edges fearing to explore this Unknown.
A sphere with no centre. (which is even more interesting when Man made Perfect is sometimes thought of as a sphere with no circumfrence)

ATh

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/8/00 1:14:11 am)
Reply | Edit | Del A.T. field
yeah sorry, i woke up one morning and found that i'd gone straight over my 300MB limit

Anyway by "linked to the missing part of the soul" i was moving on from a portion of the RCB "With this A.T. Field, humans are able to keep seperate from each other, and stay in seperate physical forms" Now, taken that The Third Impact is regarded as the "ascendance" or "completion" of humanity, it seems to me that the A.T. Field might be an extention of Mankind's "sadness" Comment anyone?
----"Gyaaa" -Pen˛

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/8/00 11:26:10 pm)
I do not know what i like about that
"extention of Mankind's "sadness" but it has struck something within me. It may well be an extension of that core of nothingness which resides within the soul.

I often picture Karou as a figure of saddness (why? i don't know, he is always smiling. Maybe i has something to do with what he means to Humanity but more so to Shinji) and Karou had the strongest A.T. Feild. The same almost applies to Rei, she is a vessel of sadness.

Also there is an image of the Three children with the golden light of the Geo-front as background. Rei is to the left, Asuka to the right and Shinji as a body of light in the centre (everyone know it?)

Well heres one aspect i have though when seeing it-
Rei is willing to see her sadness, Asuka is not willing to see her sadness and Shinji finally allows himself to be immersed in his sadness and rise above.

There are many aspect of the THREE which come to mind when i see this image

ATh

corpse
NERV-Technician
(4/10/00 12:58:28 am)
Reply | Edit | Del sadness?
why would it be an extension of mankinds "sadness"?
it seems the strongest at fields are the ones without souls or inhuman. how would the third impact trigger the at field of all mankind?

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/11/00 4:56:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Third Impact
the third impact didn't "trigger" man's at field. it in fact neutralised it, causing mankind to become a single form. as to the sadness thing it just seems that both Kaoru and Rei are "sad" individuals. it's really only a supposition.

BTW, does anyone (by anyone i mainly mean ATH) know if the eye motif that comes up on a lot of the angels has any special signifigance?
----"Gyaaa" -Pen˛

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/11/00 5:36:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Third Impact
Sorry im am not ATh, but I believe I MAY be able to help, sorry if you were waiting for a reply from ATh.

The insignia on the angels is a mark postoned upon only the highest order of Angels, or apposels by god. Satan himself also bares this mark, for he to was once a Heavanely Angel but fell from grace and became evil. So his mark developed the 12 wings of light, the sign of the devil. As the credits start just before the Tree Sihphrica appears the insignia of the devil can be seen, which also bears the symbol of the angels with the 12 wings of light curled around it.

Hope I helped, I will discuss this much further at a later date in the thead "It is Upon Us" and Pen2, we really need your help, you are a vaulble asset to this discussion and I believe you will bring some awsome ideas into the light. Thanks for your help, if you agree to take up the challenge and dare expose NG to its bare roots.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/11/00 11:46:34 pm)
Satan? who is this. There is not meantion of a Satan inthe Bible at all. The Fallen angel is often thought to be Lucifer, The Light Bringer, (which is ironic as most religious people will say they have seen 'the Light')

Also it is often said that Lusifer wears a crown of emerald, and a small piece of this was chipped out at His fall, and it is this piece which is thought to be the emerald tablet which the alchemists believe Hermes wrote upon.
(Also the fall of Lucifer is not always seen in harsh light, There is a stroy which tells that God Himself asked for one to oppose Him in order for Humans to evolve, none of the Angels agreed, but then finally Lucifer, Gods most Beautiful Angel accepted this)

As for the Eye symbolism (if you weren't put off before brace yourself) The Hebrew letter Ayin means Eye and this letter is attributed the the 26th Path on the Tree of Life,
The Tarot card is XV, The Devil. ( Atrologically- Capricorn)

This Path deals with illusion and descent into Matter. The path leads from Tiphareth (Man Perfect) to Hod, the sphere of the intelectual mind.

The Eyes are often refered to as the gateway to the soul (which indicates the realisation of Truth or man traveling from Hod to Tiphareth)
But also the Eyes are the greatest deceivers and the sense most easliy decieved.

(Notice reference to 'the evil eye' as well as the protective 'eye of Horus' both aspects are firmly ingrained into western culture)

As for the Seal of SEELE, the Seven Eyes in the triangle of Water, i am unsure. i will email a freind right away an see if he can give me some direction (though i often wish he would just give me answers). (I will be back to this)

ATh

David Ikari
EVA-Pilot
(4/14/00 1:59:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: sadness?
Tis I! Note when Rei was merged with armisael(?), the Angel said that it was alone and wanted to become one with some one. Who better to become one with than you parent? Anywho, You could say that the Angels are alone, and so are sad. Do you get where I'm goung here?

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/14/00 2:32:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: sadness?
It could be that the angels themself have no sense of the idea of lonelessness or any other emotion, except maybe Tabris being the angel of free will. But thats just speculation.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 12:23:34 am)
The only other info i could find is all symbolic,

ie.
The triangle represents the Three apsects of God while the Seven Eyes would represent all that Seven is meant to represent. It is hard to explain, ill put what i recieved

One God (triangle as a whole), Three Persons (Father, Son, Holy
Spirit - 3 corners) 7 eyes.

It makes sense to me but i would have trouble explaining why

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/15/00 3:38:17 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: What is an A.T. Field ?
Ok I got that the Triangle represents the holy trinity but I dont get that 7 eyes thing "Seven Eyes would represent all that Seven is meant to represent"

Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/15/00 11:57:35 pm)
Seven is a very holy number, thought of being self Born and thus equivelent to God. It is also a perfect number in Whom one can find the meaning of All. Depending upon how you think on it it can be either Masculine or Feminine, so it transends both in way.

Look into both Greek and Hebrew gematria (where ever word has a numerical value and words with the same numerical value are thought to show the many fascets of that single number. ATh is Aleph + Tau and has the numerical value of 401)

It is not really something which can be told, ever number is infinite.

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/16/00 1:00:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Oh of couse the Man is 5, the devil is 6, and Angels are 7, now I rememeber reading a source on that thanks for bringing that back up.
Access

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/16/00 1:18:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Actually now that I think about it the heaven number is 9, mmmmmm is 7 also a hevaenly number, from what culture.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/16/00 11:35:14 pm)
Not really,

The number of Man is 666, this number which the Beast of the Apocalipse is to have marked upon its forehead.
The number of God is 777.

Though i have been told that you should take the entire sentance (from the book of revelation) which has this numberr 666 in it and look at its gematrical value. And not just the number itself.

Though what this has to do with an A.T. Feild???

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/17/00 2:12:59 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
lol, yeah love the order we kept in this string.

Insnt the devils number 6 or 666 and man is 5?
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/18/00 12:22:21 am)
Youve been listening to too much of the Pixies (which is not always a bad thing), but no the number of man may be 5 but the number of Man is 6. 6 is the Son and the Sun.

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/18/00 11:24:15 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Yeah but come on everybody know that the Devils number is 666, its SOOOO common, im pretty sure almost everybody (who hasnt watched) eva know that 666 is the devild number, it is shown ALL the time. No I havent listen to the pixies they were a little before my time (barely) but see they even menstion it. I have no proof it is just said ALL the time, but I guess it is said all the time that this is already the new millienium and new century. lol.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/18/00 11:19:34 pm)
Simply because it is common does not mean it is right. A few hundred years ago it was common thought that the earth was flat, guess what? there is little evidence to prove that.

I can only suggest reading the Bible, it should say that the Beast will appear and upon it forehead it shall bear the NUMBER IF MAN 666, though the 666 is written in old terms three score 6 or something like that. it is only through slackness, miss reading, and hearsay that 666 is thought of as the devils number.

One reason this has continued is because one of the greatest evils man can do is to turn his back on god, thinking he is the best (religious here you may dissaggree) thus 666 becomes the number of the pseodohighest (theres a u in there somewhere) and thus of evil and thus of the devil.

ATh

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/19/00 11:46:32 pm)
i did some looking into this on my day off today and...

5 can be thought of as mans number if you consider man to be made of the 5 elements

5= 5 elements= microcosim= man

but then 6 would be concidered to be the interlacing of the Microcosom and the Macrocosom.

So your not wrong Access, but either was i

ATh