Old 14-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #16   [permalink]
Kurai Kodomo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Kurai Kodomo Send a message via AIM to Kurai Kodomo

"Alucard: An assumed name used by count Dracula, created by spelling his real name backward. This novelty was first employed in the 1943 universal picture Son of Dracula, starring Lon Chaney, Jr. The use of this name was repeated with such regularity in subsequent works that its very appearance in a film created either a campy atmosphere or unintentional humor."

Quoted from "The Vampire Encyclopedia"

Seeing as Dracula was based off of Vlad the impaler, I have to agree with Schizm.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:43 PM   #17   [permalink]
pmurph

Originally Posted by FayeFayeV
doubt it. Alucard is either dracula himself or his son. Period.
im convinced its vlad
pmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #18   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Yes, and Andersen is Judas Iscariot. This explains why Alucard beat Andersen, because Jesus always beats Judas in the end.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:11 AM   #19   [permalink]
RiPPa
Executive Member

Originally Posted by John Faulkner
Yes, and Andersen is Judas Iscariot. This explains why Alucard beat Andersen, because Jesus always beats Judas in the end.
Haha.. umm I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not.

In the Manga Alucard himself admits that he is Dracula.
RiPPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #20   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by RiPPa
Haha.. umm I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not.

In the Manga Alucard himself admits that he is Dracula.
I'm being totally serious-- it clearly states in the Bible how a guy in a big red coat, red hat and yellow glasses was duking it out in an almighty fight to the finish gun VS knives battle with a giant guy in a big grey jacket (called Andersen), on a train......in an anime called Hellsing--

Interesting point about the manga, but why would a fictional character admit to being another fictional character?
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:26 AM   #21   [permalink]
RiPPa
Executive Member

I'm being totally serious-- it clearly states in the Bible how a guy in a big red coat, red hat and yellow glasses was duking it out in an almighty fight to the finish gun VS knives battle with a giant guy in a big grey jacket (called Andersen), on a train......in an anime called Hellsing--
Is that a literal translation; I mean from this world used in this 'fiction' or some sort of metaphor

Interesting point about the manga, but why would a fictional character admit to being another fictional character?
I don't know, ask Kohta Hirano

Last edited by RiPPa; 07-08-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #22   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

This topic is... ... Not even close little buddy!!!
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #23   [permalink]
Guildenstern
Forum Addicted

Originally Posted by ADdispatcher
I think I'm related to Vlad Dracul somehow.
Hah, I love how I'm not contributing any real information.

If the character Alucard had any basis though, I'm guessing it would be Dracula (the vampire), and in turn, the Impaler up there.
I'm not related to Vlad in any way that I know of, but my late grandfather was from Transylvania. They call the historical impaler, "Uncle Vlad" because he's a national hero there.
Old 13-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #24   [permalink]
RiPPa
Executive Member

*spoiler*

The only way Alucard could be Jesus is if he was his reincarnation or something.. the fact is it would be ironic if he was; when Anderson uses "Elena's Nail" on himself to become something of a demigod to beat Alucard (One of the nails that was used to crucify christ.. so it has 'his' blood )

Anyways, how did anyone get the idea that Alucard might be Jesus in the first place

Last edited by RiPPa; 13-04-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 29-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #25   [permalink]
adralegre

Alucard is definitely Vlad the Impaler. **Minor Spoiler:** Look what he did to Incognito ~in the end~ (literally) !
adralegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #26   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by RiPPa
*spoiler*

The only way Alucard could be Jesus is if he was his reincarnation or something.. the fact is it would be ironic if he was; when Anderson uses "Elena's Nail" on himself to become something of a demigod to beat Alucard (One of the nails that was used to crucify christ.. so it has 'his' blood )

Anyways, how did anyone get the idea that Alucard might be Jesus in the first place

Yeah, I was kind of wondering that myself ... if it were not for the name reversal and actual hints in the series ... I would be tempted to guess that Alucard was a major demon or perhaps Lucifer himself! That at least would seem to fit with his defeat by Elena's nail (blood of Christ). ... but really with the name reversal from Dracula ... I think it obvious that Alucard is in some way shape or form Dracula ... just snazzed up for the new generation.
Old 13-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #27   [permalink]
Master Alucard

jesus? LOL wow

what can i cay? um... well we shall start with the painfully obvous
SINCE WHEN HAS JESUS IMPALED ANYONE.

then the whole fact that well the whole story is about vampires

and then we have the little thing about how the whole thing is dripping in vlad/dracula mythos.

I've prabably missed stuff but i think i've done enough damage for now

“Red rum…red rum…red rum…red rum…red rum…red rum…”-that freaky kid from the shining
Master Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2007, 02:23 AM   #28   [permalink]
LordValinar

Send a message via AIM to LordValinar Send a message via MSN to LordValinar Send a message via Yahoo to LordValinar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_%28Hellsing%29

Lovely wikipedia... it helps us learn so much on fictional and historical information.

>The spelling "Alucard" would also be justified because of the "Dracula" anagram, although the sounds of "Alucard" would normally be represented by arukādo in Japanese
> Alter Ego: Vlad III Dracula
> Alucard was born in the winter of 1431 as Vlad III Dracula, the son of Vlad II Dracul. He later became known as Vlad Ţepeş (Vlad the Impaler), and as Kazıklı Bey (the Impaling Prince) by the Turks

> The next known account of Alucard's life is during World War II, in 1944. Count Dracula now went by a new name given to him by Integra's father Arthur, which was Alucard. Alucard, along with a 14-year-old Walter C. Dornez, was sent to Warsaw, Poland, to stop Millennium's vampire production program

just some major pointers.

My own personal knowledge on Dracula isn't much except being Vlad the Impaler and what I've seen on the History Channel (yes... I have no life ) but prefer the vampire Dracula he's cooler.