Old 08-12-2001, 12:36 AM   #1   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Forum re-organisation

Eva2k I think u'll notice that anime today isn't what it was 2 years ago, and neither is Animeboards. We now have a very wide variety of fans and some are even begining to learn enough about anime to wish discussion of many. I was wondering if u'd consider, or are already considering, a re-organisation of Animebaords. I put forward these ideas:

Anime by genre
Anime by company.

CLAMP and GAINAX for instance have several really good anime all worth their own forums, but that wouldn't generate enough REAL discussion. The major anime (DBZ, SM, NGE so forth) would have to remain outside of these to keep things fairly clean, but I see a lot of forums in existence which get very few threads/discussion outside of "who's better looking?" and thus are really a waste of space. An added benefit of having anime by company is that people will learn WHO is making the anime we love so much.

Ok, so my idea isn't so great, but it's clear that u can't keep building new forums for each anime that gets 50 fans at AB or s.thing. because after the initial buzz, most discussion dies down, and having so many forums would make it harder to moderate too.

the General Anime forum handles most of the extras I know, but is anime discussion really high enough to justify the massive amount of forums? shame ya can't make a forum within a forum :-(
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote