Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #1   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Tactic #5: AnimeBoards Town Meeting/Conference 2009 - Destination Digital Nirvana

Dear Eva2k, Mods and All Members,

Following the immense success of last year's AnimeBoards Town Meeting, which gathered >100 replies (http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=61086), I can barely contain my excitement in announcing that I will be organising the AnimeBoards Town Meeting 2009. The official opening will be held in August, one year on from the memorable meeting last year.

Last year, we focussed on strategies to lift us off the ground. This year, the meeting will focus on driving AnimeBoards forwards to become a unique anime messageboard that is a main attraction on the Internet by virtue of intelligent, mature and exciting discussions. Along the way, it is hoped that we will crush all our rivals (like we used to), which are all there for the taking.

To this end, The AnimeBoards Town Meeting/Conference, billed as "Destination Digital Nirvana", will be designed to whip up extraordinary passion to propel AnimeBoards on a one-way route to greatness. It will take the style of a conference with several sessions (threads) that, although sharing the common theme of evolving AnimeBoards to a level hitherto unseen, will tackle different aspects of crafting a plan to messageboard perfection.

Thus, I invite all members, especially Eva2k and the mods, to come up with session topics, and chair these topics when the conference starts. I stress that these sessions must be moderated to get rid of the pointless spammers that plagued last year's meeting. I am confident that the AB management team will maintain their recent high standards of performance and deal with these people.

To kick-start this planning process, I will be chairing this session:
  • The Eschatology of AnimeBoards: A discussion on the ultimate destiny of AnimeBoards - why does it exist and why should people post on it? This discussion will dredge up the root motivations of old and new posters and by doing so, bring to consciousness the deeper meaning and reality of the AnimeBoards community. In turn, this will crystallize the AB Spirit that will serve to bind us together in a communion of high post rates and quality discussions.

In the weeks leading up this exciting event, it will be of great help if members can spread the word:

The AnimeBoards Town Meeting/Conference 2009 (ATMC 2009) - Destination Digital Nirvana - is Coming.

Cancel your holidays. Skip work. Do not sleep. If you are getting married, tell your betrothed to get lost. If you have an important assignment, tell your boss to get lost. If you have an important doctor's appointment, tell your doctor to get lost. Because the ATMC 2009 is coming to town.

Yours faithfully,

J. F. (Lead Organiser of the ATMC 2009)
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #2   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami-X
(ATMC 2009) .

Sorry, a little R rated comedy in my head there.

Why do we have to wait until August? Everybody will forget by then..

Last edited by Tsunami-X; 12-07-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Tsunami-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #3   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I'm sure John won't let us.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #4   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X View Post
Sorry, a little R rated comedy in my head there.
Do you have these thoughts when using an ATM as well?

Why do we have to wait until August?
It will then be 1 year on from the highly-successful and emotionally-charged extravaganza that was the Town Meeting in 2008.

Everybody will forget by then..
Not with the right promotion. For example, how about both of us put the red lettering in our signatures. How about it Tsuna? With our prolific post rates, this will be a great "viral-marketing" tactic!

Originally Posted by Project Akira View Post
I'm sure John won't let us.
Project_Akira, I hereby officially invite you to come up with a session topic and chair it in the AnimeBoards Town Meeting/Conference 2009 - Destination Digital Nirvana. How about you chair a session on how to improve the manga sub-forum? This would truly be a remarkable session and I will definitely participate.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #5   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

How about I just post in the manga forum and talk about subjects I know? Like I've been doing because that seems like a more productive idea than creating a thread where I talk about how I'm going to get more people to discuss in a forum.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #6   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Project Akira View Post
How about I just post in the manga forum and talk about subjects I know? Like I've been doing because that seems like a more productive idea than creating a thread where I talk about how I'm going to get more people to discuss in a forum.
Why not do both - i.e. post in the manga sub-forum and chair a session in the ATMC 2009 to discuss strategies to boost post rates?

The advantage of chairing a session is that you have a focussed thread where like-minded people can brain-storm ideas which could lead to relevant action points. You can't get these new ideas by simply making post after post in the manga sub-forum in a linear fashion. Granted, you've been able to make the sub-forum more alive, but even an optimist can see that the post rate there is still poor, and when you're not around, the sub-forum becomes virtually stagnant. That's why I propose a session to come up with strategies that a team of people can buy into and this team can then prop up post rates in the manga sub-forum together, thus easing the burden on you.

So how about it? .

Last edited by John Faulkner; 12-07-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 13-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #7   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

I'll be honest, I am concerned about the future of Animeboards but talking about how to save it doesn't interest me. Discussing how to change that future just isn't what I enjoy discussing. I just enjoy talking about manga and what anime I've been watching lately. I think it would be better left to people such as yourself who would be more invested in that type of discussion. The only topic I would be able to contribute is whether or not there needs to be a separate manga forum which would defeat the purpose of talking about what can be done to revitalize that particular forum.