Old 17-07-2002, 11:34 AM   #1   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
Pokemon / Digimon / monster rancher

I'm serious! I want a Pokemon forum. if not, at least give a monster type of forum where we can have these discussions.
Old 17-07-2002, 11:40 AM   #2   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
HAHAHA, pen2 was jsut going through these and we were talking about how my favourite thread of all the threads here on AB was the pokemon request thread.

KOJIRO WITH BOOBS two thumbs up, but not a whole forum for pokemon

ATh
ATh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002, 12:18 PM   #3   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
Well, these digimon/pokemon/monster rancher type forum requests come up so often, that making one big all-encompassing "mon" forum could work out may-be.

Lets all sing the pokemon theme song now!

Last edited by Kayay; 17-07-2002 at 12:22 PM.
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002, 12:20 PM   #4   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
awww... look, ATh is in the way... yeah, a good big MON forum would be appreciated.
Old 17-07-2002, 12:25 PM   #5   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
Not only would it silence the persistant defenders of all things "-mon", but you be able to discuss the psychological ramifications upon the youth of Kojiro's boobs.
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002, 12:34 PM   #6   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
They do not call the female
pubic mound "Mons Veneris for nothing... Mon's Veneris means "Mountain of Love" in Latin.

I am not against a 'Mons' forum just this isnt the place for it.

As for poke-mon, .......

and it would not silence those people, it would give thema forum to make even mroe noise than they do now...

an evil idea

ATh
ATh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002, 12:38 PM   #7   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I think the "Mon" forum is a good idea.
But we don't want to turn Animeboards into the "Baby Sitters Club"
Old 17-07-2002, 05:45 PM   #8   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpac
I think the "Mon" forum is a good idea.
But we don't want to turn Animeboards into the "Baby Sitters Club"
Stop with the Negetive thinking…_It's a great idea, if kids come just for the Pokemon, us/you older vets of anime could teach them the other parts of anime and cultivate their minds in this form of art…

Simplely stated…

Converte Pokemon lovers into full feldged anime lovers…
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2002, 09:06 PM   #9   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
If you have a new argument since this thread, then I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, blatent nagging isn't going to work.

It's been several months since that thread, and I'm still against it. Blegh.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2002, 07:57 PM   #10   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Quote:
Originally posted by Pen2
If you have a new argument since this thread, then I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, blatent nagging isn't going to work.

It's been several months since that thread, and I'm still against it. Blegh.
Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sozotenchi
Yesh! What is up with this?

First off, they are anime, Beno, they are popular, and they are something you have to deal with. If you don't like those animes, don't post in the Pokemon/Digimon forum. Children won't run amuck in this forum, it would just be a little place for some fans to talk.

Even with that said, I'm divided on the issue. I for one don't enjoy those animes (and I find both very childish) but I'm not going to bash them or anything. If you like them, that's cool. If you dislike them, that's cool. But if you hate them, well, just don't be a jerk . Is there enough of a following to make a Monster anime forum succeed? Do more than three people care? It just needs a following. The only second problem is fools posting things like "Pokemon SUCKS!" and spamming the board to hell. I'm more worried about Pokemon basher overflow than child overflow.

Ask these questions to yourself when you consider it.
Will this board be popular?
Will people enjoy it?
Will it keep people having fun at AB or attract people to AB?
Will it have a cool headed mod capable of dealing with weeding out wackos?

If it passes those four criteria, it should be here. If not, it's kind of a waste of space.

Quote:
Originally posted by eva2000

hehe... i have to admit i like pokemon too... and i am 23 yrs old [/B]

As for your counter Argument…

Quote:
Originally posted by Pen2
Anyone here can debate that it's possible for mature people such as yourselves also enjoy Pokemon, and could discuss it in a mature manner. Granted. But you'll have an extremely hard time trying to convince me that the primary Pokémon demographic isn't made up of pre-pubescent teenagers. The plain and simple truth is that for every thread discussing Ash's motivations, there'd be at least four with sprats calling each other stupidheads because they think Squirtle is obviously betterer than Charmander (I mean duh, everyone knows Bulbasaur is the man/thing!) Would this be the work of the current AB population? No. We'd be flooded by young'uns using papa's e-mail account who had the sudden burst of literacy to type 'Pokemon' into a search engine and turned up AB. I don't want to have to tone down in case some Mother's Precious Darling sees me type a naughty word and their father comes after me with a 9-iron.

AB is a centre for mature discussion, whether or not we achieve that ideal. Although Pokemon has scope for such, a forum dedicated to it would be opening up the floodgates to exactly the kinds of posters we dont want at AB.

Besides, if I started getting nagged to run a Pokémon RPG I'd start hunting people down. And I am really handy with a shovel.
Well I have noticed how some 10 year olds have the maturity of adults, while some adults have the maturity of 10 year olds…_I mean people flaming each other is a calculated risk, but you never get anything done if you are hesitant to even try…Second, as suggested use pocket Monsters instead if that might work. Also to quell the liability, just have an added part on the aggrement form of registration saying that mature content and language my be used... Hell I've seen 4 year olds call each other "MotherFuckers" It isn't pretty, but I doubt you have to worry about Born again Christains wanting to hang you Penny2… As for that, take a chance, remember the saying that "Fortune always favors the bold," You don't try and always assume the worst, it will happen…

As for the RPG, that's more of a personal vedenta that should not effect AnimeBoards.com as a whole, therefore invalid… Put your tools to gardening again…

You know what? I'm going to start a that experment you said about creating a Mon forum in the Other Anime… But I don't want it shut down because of peoples personal feelings, they don't like it, they can keep to themselves, Okay?
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2002, 11:50 AM   #11   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black_Knight
You know what? I'm going to start a that experment you said about creating a Mon forum in the Other Anime… But I don't want it shut down because of peoples personal feelings, they don't like it, they can keep to themselves, Okay?

I said it then and I'll say it again just because you seemed to have done a fair job of quoting my post without properly reading it - I have no problem with a thread about Pokemon in Other Anime. I do, however, have large problems with a entire forum for it on the grounds I've already outlined. Your only addressal of my concerns have amounted to the equivalent of a vague "Aww, c'mon, you don't know till you try....".

So blegh to you. Yes, Eva2000 likes Pokémon. You want to know something else? I like Pokémon to some degree. That doesn't mean there should be a forum that will attract a certain type of posters based on exceptions. The primary demographic for Pokémon fans is pre-teens. AB is hardly pre-teen friendly.
Old 19-07-2002, 02:03 PM   #12   [permalink]
DarkGremlin
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to DarkGremlin
I think a "Monster Anime" forum would be appropriate, considering how many people have requested one monster forum or another...

Assuming new users this attracted were only interested in Pokemon and such - many AB users opposed to this probably would never come accross them anyway
Old 20-07-2002, 04:01 AM   #13   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkGremlin
Assuming new users this attracted were only interested in Pokemon and such - many AB users opposed to this probably would never come accross them anyway
I've yet to see a member who only posted in one forum.
Old 20-07-2002, 09:23 AM   #14   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Thumbs down

I will leave AB the day a pokemon forum is created (of course tomorrow a pokemon forum will be here)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2002, 10:49 AM   #15   [permalink]
7thchildren
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to 7thchildren
pokemon forum (supreses involantary sudder)..........First the 3 headed askua doll now this, all the signs of the apocalypse are comeing together
7thchildren is offline   Reply With Quote