Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #61   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Causation does not imply correlation. You of all people should know that.
But I'd also argue that John's consistently rude comments to both newer and older posters (of which there are plenty to found on the board), could not have been helpful in any constructive fashion.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #62   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
Originally Posted by 724496 View Post
I think John was responsible for the decline of AB.
There have been plenty of others I'd say. He is only the most recent one to fall.......

Also, I think the easiest way to boost the activity AND make the site a bit more fun at the same time is to revive the RPing section. At least then something here would be moving forward again.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #63   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Contact Pen2 about that or get something started on your own. A lot of the death of RPing here was related to I think the down time we had a few years ago and most of the RPers moving on to other things or other boards where they could get more people to join easier.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #64   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Holy Crap!! John has been banned!? Forgive me for I've been living under a rock these past few weeks...damn man. I felt his passion for trying to get this board back to way things were...but wow. Im a little speechless right now. Didn't think he would be banned like this.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #65   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ACE2001 View Post
Holy Crap!! John has been banned!? Forgive me for I've been living under a rock these past few weeks...damn man. I felt his passion for trying to get this board back to way things were...but wow. Im a little speechless right now. Didn't think he would be banned like this.
Well when you constantly insult the owner of the boards, tell the mods that they're not doing their jobs, and insult members constantly, it's hard not to get banned.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:15 AM   #66   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Originally Posted by Project Akira View Post
Well when you constantly insult the owner of the boards, tell the mods that they're not doing their jobs, and insult members constantly, it's hard not to get banned.
True enough. I feel a little bad because I felt the same way he did on some issues. It's just that he was a bit more extreme about it. While annoying to most members here, you have to admit that he really cared about getting this place back to the way it was. The reality of the situation however is that things have changed over time and people have grown up and apart from this place, which is understandable. I guess all in all, I would just like to see some minor improvements here to show that there is some attempt to make things a little better around here.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #67   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

get something started on your own.
Tried it a number of times and failed.
I can't start stories, but I am good at adding details to one to make it more fun.

A lot of the death of RPing here was related to I think the down time we had a few years ago and most of the RPers moving on to other things or other boards where they could get more people to join easier.
I joined around that time. I was happily RPing for a year I think before it completely died. I looked through a number of other sites but couldn't find a single place worth RPing in. I've been bored ever since.......
Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #68   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

You know, it's extremely easy to spread propaganda about someone when that person isn't around to defend himself. Notice how 'critics' like Project Akira start up their online gob and run their mouths while I'm not around, but when I am around, this is what happens when I systematically prove how baseless their criticisms are:

I'm not going to respond to this most recent post because frankly it's only going to lead to squabbling that doesn't help these boards or each of us at all.
Ho hum. You critics sure made your point .

But I feel that some of the issues raised deserve a more detailed exposition and in the spirit of improving AnimeBoards, I will continue to logically answer all the points raised in due course.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #69   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

And the hero returns to continue the crusade!

(less insults fired means less casualties )
Old 16-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #70   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

And John once again returns to shoot himself in the foot. I don't have to prove because hey you just just got off a suspension and then came back with more condescending posts that clearly show you didn't learn your lesson. I honestly tried to be friendly with you and stopped arguing because hey I agreed with you and still do that animeboards could use more activity but you just had to prove a point. So I'll keep criticising you because you provide plenty of ammo!
Old 16-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #71   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

And John once again returns to shoot himself in the foot. I don't have to prove because hey you just just got off a suspension and then came back with more condescending posts that clearly show you didn't learn your lesson.
You made a series of allegations which I will address in good time. I will show logically the errors in your allegations. Again.

As for me being condescending, I was simply responding to the insults thrown at me. But of course, I wouldn't expect someone as spectacularly biased as you to acknowledge that.

I honestly tried to be friendly with you and stopped arguing because hey I agreed with you and still do that animeboards could use more activity but you just had to prove a point.
Yes, I had to prove that your allegations are completely and utterly false, which they are. You have a funny way of being friendly: spreading propaganda when I'm not around and refusing to debate me when I am around. Well, I am around now, so prepare to defend your position.

So I'll keep criticising you because you provide plenty of ammo!
You keep criticising because you've got nothing better to do here. .

Last edited by John Faulkner; 16-06-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 17-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #72   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
John, let it go. AB is done for, no interest by people and George doesn't give two shite about reviving it. Find a new place and move on.

Let it go John, let it go.
-Bishop Oro
Old 17-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #73   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Closed Thread