Old 24-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #16   [permalink]
Jura

Originally Posted by Pen2 View Post
but less banal suggestions for topics might be nice.
I don't have links to vBulletin mods bookmarked on my browser.
Jura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #17   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by ATh View Post
I work 12 hours, and the past few weeks i get home and have to do more work.
Even weekends?

I probably wont be summarising anything, though i will cut and paste the blurb/summary. Im not one for excitemnt so as i said before set it out as you want it and ill try to set it up. All cut and paste my end.
If that's the case, why not just give me the ability to make polls? Makes your job easier and I can be more efficient.

We can start in GNAD (does that still exist?) and see from there. if enough then mayne its own forum.
If it's an anime poll, it would be better sticking it in the General and Other Anime.

Originally Posted by Jura View Post
Polls have been done to death on forums. You'd need a modification or something that can make it more than a poll.
The exciting blurb/summary will transcend the poll to a higher dimension by creating amazing online emotional bonds. .

'More than a poll'? What, a haptic interface? A wiki? Wait, wait, I got this, we vote from our twitter accounts!
You being serious here? I think you may be onto something there with the twitter suggestion (naturally, I think twitter is absolute bollocks, but it seems to be trendy or something). How about we offer a prize of AUD 100 for the most original reply in a poll thread?

A poll takes about five seconds work, so it's no major deal. If ATh doesn't have the time I'll throw one up, but less banal suggestions for topics might be nice.
You can coordinate between yourselves and make polls to suit each of your schedules. I thought the "Is Anime too Childish?" question was a real hot potato that could generate some great discussion, but if you want more exciting topic suggestions, I've got plenty up my sleeve - especially on World Events. Or would you like to come up with some of your own first?

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X View Post
Never said I didn't care. I enjoy the interaction and discussion more than anything.
Exactly what polls would bring. .

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X View Post
I would never answer a poll about Evangelion because I've never watched it before. If a poll get's too specific many will be secluded from the discussions it would generate. The topics need to be a little open to include everybody.
I didn't even mention Evangelion; the polls should be inclusive, as you say, so would have to be general (yet original).

Originally Posted by Jura
I don't have links to vBulletin mods bookmarked on my browser.
Are you suggesting this as a poll topic? What are the answers: "agree" and "disagree"? Is this topic suggestion sufficiently un-banal for you Pen2?
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #18   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

I suggest a Michael Jackson poll along the lines of

"How much do you really care that Michael Jackson has died?"
"a) I am literally crying.
b) I feel sad.
c) Indifferent.
d) Don't care.
e) It's disgusting how the media is elevating celebrities above other people all the time."

This would be a nice complement to my red hot Michael Jackson thread (http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?p=537854586).

Last edited by John Faulkner; 25-06-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 27-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #19   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Eeeeeeeee.

EDIT: Why is my long string of capital E's being turned into a "Eeeeee"? "Eeeeee" just doesn't express my emotions properly.

Last edited by dheu; 27-06-2009 at 12:27 PM.
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #20   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Or how about why people should be glad he is dead.

1. More availability of plastic surgens.
2. More childern are safe from being touched.
3. Once this media wave blows over i never have to hear about his stupidy agian.
4. The amount of tax dollars that will be saved in future molestation cases in the future.

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #21   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by cool2burn View Post
Or how about why people should be glad he is dead.

1. More availability of plastic surgens.
2. More childern are safe from being touched.
3. Once this media wave blows over i never have to hear about his stupidy agian.
4. The amount of tax dollars that will be saved in future molestation cases in the future.
5. Plastic surgeons will earn less; hopefully, these parasites and gatekeepers to disgusting shallowness will eventually die and go to hell.

6. No more tributes from people showing fake remorse for a popstar they only come to know through the warped filter of mass media ... until the next plastic celebrity dies.

7. The celebrity gossip industry can no longer circulate trash articles about Michael Jackson and further the drunken stupor of the consumers.

8. More air-time for important news stories ... unless the news stations decide to find the next freak to idolise.

9. Wacko jacko fans are mentally traumatised ... although they might already have been.

10. Wacko jacko's children no longer have to wear those stupid burka-esque covers, if they still do.

-----------------------------------------

By the way, Pen2 and ATh, I'm looking forward to your first poll! I've suggested to Eva2k that the first poll could be about whether the AnimeBoards community would like to have a blog option or not, as a good community-based topic that affects every member.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 29-06-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #22   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
We're totally on the same wavelength here, kami. . This place definitely needs more proactive, enthusiastic members like you, especially since my former right-hand man Black_Knight legged it back to 4chan or something.
Thank you.

Also, in all the years that I have been here, AB has always felt like a graveyard. But, with all the activity and recent changes, I can honestly say that AB is becoming an interesting place to visit again, even more so than when I first joined.
All I can say is that you have struck gold. If this keeps up, AB will finally be re-born.
kamikazefstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #23   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by kamikazefstorm View Post
Thank you.
No probs; it's just in my nature to compliment people .

Also, in all the years that I have been here, AB has always felt like a graveyard. But, with all the activity and recent changes, I can honestly say that AB is becoming an interesting place to visit again, even more so than when I first joined.
It's all about reaching the tipping point whereupon AB will morph smoothly into a unique anime messageboard that will be the shining beacon amidst the darkness of the Internet.

We will achieve this dream together ... mark my words. .

All I can say is that you have struck gold. If this keeps up, AB will finally be re-born.
kami, I can sense that the rebirth is imminent. I can really feel the buzz coming back to this place, and what is so frightening for the Luddites of AB is that my most sensational tactics are still being nurtured and have not been unleashed.

Drink up, for tomorrow we fight for victory! CHHEEEEERRRRSSS!!!!!!!

P.S. Looking forward to those polls, mods!
Old 22-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #24   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

So what happened to the polls? Why has it taken more than 2 months just to get a bloody poll up, especially when there was shared enthusiasm initially?

And my clueless critics wonder why I bother showing respect to the management team here.
Old 22-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #25   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
I personally think polls are just so like 5 years ago.

Old 22-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #26   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

I personally think polls are just so like 5 years ago.
I personally think we'd better do something because this place is dead.
Old 27-08-2009, 01:29 AM   #27   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
So what happened to the polls? Why has it taken more than 2 months just to get a bloody poll up, especially when there was shared enthusiasm initially?
Originally Posted by Pen2
but less banal suggestions for topics might be nice.
Still waiting.

Originally Posted by John Faulkner
And my clueless critics wonder why I bother showing respect to the management team here.
Still waiting for that, too.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #28   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Still waiting.
Firstly, I provided some further suggestions after you said that and also asked you whether you wanted to come up with some topics of your own:

Originally Posted by me
You can coordinate between yourselves and make polls to suit each of your schedules. I thought the "Is Anime too Childish?" question was a real hot potato that could generate some great discussion, but if you want more exciting topic suggestions, I've got plenty up my sleeve - especially on World Events. Or would you like to come up with some of your own first?
But neither you nor any other moderator replied. No moderator even bothered suggesting a poll topic of their own. Why is that? We can't read your minds.

Secondly, you said you were going to make a poll and you never said that this was dependent on you receiving a suggestion which was perceived as acceptable:

Originally Posted by Pen2
A poll takes about five seconds work, so it's no major deal. If ATh doesn't have the time I'll throw one up, but less banal suggestions for topics might be nice.
You just said that less banal suggestions would be nice, but gave no indication that you would scrap the idea of making polls if you didn't get any more suggestions. As you said, a poll takes about 5s. So what's your excuse? Why are you deliberately not doing something that would help this place? Eva2k, you reading this?

I even offered to make the polls myself. What more do you want?

Remember your roots. Remember your passion. Remember your PRIDE.

Still waiting for that, too.
I have some facts for you:

14/06/09(http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=65806)
[To ATh] Good to see that you've finally replied to one of my threads in this sub-forum! Good stuff, two thumbs up. More of the same please!
15/06/09(http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=65806)
All I'm doing is providing constructive feedback to our friendly admin and moderators here. Previously, I drew attention to the fact that new members were not being approved at all. Now they are - great job Eva2k and the moderators.
18/06/09
Excellent, this great idea is supported by the mods as well! . As I said, Pen2, great minds think alike!
19/06/09
Together with the help of Eva2k and the mods, we can make this place truly great.
21/06/09
First, I want to express my delight that the moderators are now posting more. Eva2k, you've got some real hard-working mods here, and it must be a real pleasure having them work for you. .
22/06/09
[To Pen2]Together with your invaluable help and that of Eva2k and the other mods, we can bring the good times here to AB. ... I'm not shocked at all - on the contrary, I expected such professionalism from our excellent moderators. .
22/06/09
[To ATh]Excellent! Living up to your reputation as one of AB's finest mods!
23/06/09
[To Eva2k]My liege, I have never doubted that you will return one day to help restore the great digital kingdom of AnimeBoards to its former glory. You are of pure heart and your merciful actions have unleased new hope.
29/06/09
By the way, Pen2 and ATh, I'm looking forward to your first poll!
29/06/09
Pen2, I'm glad that you were able to attend the shindig in Members Only and I fully agree with your decision to close the thread. Although I felt that all participants were only showing their passion on the issues discussed, and one or more members mistakenly thought I was seriously comparing myself to Martin Luther King, the situation could easily have spiralled into something serious. Good moderating! .
11/07/09(http://www.animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=66349)
I am delighted that the mod team in general has been so active recently. For this, I fully acknowledge the time and effort the mods have put in despite their busy schedules. Really good stuff.
13/07/09
Hi Pen2, glad to see you're still posting! . ...
By the way, Pen2, I am thrilled to inform you that last week, we broke the weekly record for the number of posts (considering the last 1 yr's worth of posting activity)! I have to hand it to Eva2k and you mods; it wouldn't have happened without your collective time and effort.
13/07/09
[To Pen2]P.S. How're the polls coming along? Are they ready yet? .
How much more respect do you want Pen2? I have treated you like royalty. And in return, you don't even make polls that take 5 seconds to make.

Once again, the facts speak for themselves. The truth is crystal clear.

I rest my case.

Speaking of respect, Pen2, don't forget that one moderator totally snapped and launched a vicious verbal assault on me, which included swearing. Also, you should look at the respect other members have shown me. A recent comment by another member, whom I shall not name out of respect, had this to say:

Originally Posted by Anon
And ---- you John, you're an annoying ----.
That's just a small snapshot of the sort of ---- I've had to put up with. True, it's mere child's play compared to what I've been exposed to online (e.g. passionate arguments with religious nutters and hardcore racists in barely moderated environments) and offline, but you talk big about me showing respect, when there is barely any shown towards me. Why don't you make a big deal about that?

Last edited by John Faulkner; 27-08-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 27-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #29   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

I think your a NEET now accually. ANd if you dont know what that is you 100% have interest in anime.

Old 27-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #30   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

I think your a NEET now accually. ANd if you dont know what that is you 100% have interest in anime.
Only juveniles who don't know anything about responsibility are unaware of what NEET means, i.e. definitely not me. I've never been a NEET the whole time I've been a member here. Can we say the same for you?