Old 05-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #1   [permalink]
AnimeTalkZone

New Anime Forum

Hi,

I just launched my new anime forum, AnimeTalkZone. It's really new and I would like to submit it for review. What do you think of it? Can you offer me tips on how to make it better? What features would be best to add?

I hope you'll go easy on your review.. I have no web development or vbulletin experience and I pretty much installed and modified everything myself.

I appreciate the input.. Thanks again

Here's the URL:

http://animetalkzone.com/forum.php
AnimeTalkZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #2   [permalink]
jorax232002

hi

I viewed your website, just like me, I also looking for someone who can proof read and review my site... in your case, I think, you lack the content. but, overall, it is great, i think you got lot of traffics.

this is my site, i hope you can take a look at this

www.japanese-anime-drawings.com
jorax232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #3   [permalink]
n25an

Send a message via Yahoo to n25an
I run scifi chrome and I get a fair amount of traffic... The reason I get traffic is that I cater to my audience and I am always trying new things.

So Jorax232002... I am going to tell you what I think...

1. your rss feed is constantly being updated... thats good but I don't see that on your front page... every time you put in a new entry... your front page should change. Your guests won't know if they cann't see it it...

2. I like the hand drawn pics and stuff but even that is too few and far between... get permission from other artists... heck collaborate with other artists feature their work and such and you will get more traffic.

3. get rid of the background for your page... its nice but it just makes it feel well old... like a piece of scholarly work... I feel like I have to do work to get through it and not like I am drawn to it and cann't put it down...

4. update your pics... get some cosplay pics... get lots and lots of pics...

5. use youtube vids

6. remember the age range of your audience maybe 10 to 60 but the attention and intelligence centers of the individuals being used is about that of a 10 year old.

7. keep things current... put a spin on the latest anime news and you will be good... if you are already doing this and your front page isn't showing it then you know where your audience is coming from...
Old 11-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #4   [permalink]
n25an

Send a message via Yahoo to n25an
anime talk zone... I looked at your site... you have a small nice and active community... for that I must commend you... that is so difficult to do... again I commend you...

now the criticism...

your pages are too broad... width should be 800 pixels... people get annoyed by having to scroll left or right...

I used to use color schemes like the one you have... its cool but I have a term for them... eye ball rippers... when you use a black background and a light color text... it strains the eyes of the viewer. after a while people just want to leave... because its too much work to look at the page... thats why this forum uses black text on a light colored background...

the blue and white text at the top clashes with your scheme...

now back to what you are doing right...

you have managed to attract an audience... and that is great...
but keep in mind an internet audience don't really care if your site is pretty or ugly...
they only care that you have the info they want...
and this you have in spades...