Old 01-07-2000, 04:27 AM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Cool

Capt Jake
Global user
(3/3/00 1:09:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Ask Captain Jake anything about Evangelion!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings, It has come to my attention(from reading many of the people's posts) that there are a great many things that are quite unclear to many of you like Rei's angel status or just what exactly are the Eva's? Well I am here to help. Not to brag but I happen to be one of the world's foremost authorities on Shin Seiki Evangelion(Neon Genesis Evangleion in english) I am one of the only people I know that understands the series completely. Even all of that psychobabble. Instead of posting everywhere I have decided to set up shop here and answer all of your questions on the series. Anything you want to know I shall answer for you or find out the answer and post it. I have access to some great scources of information and am just generally one of those people who are good at interpreting stuff. I'm not however trying to tell you how or what to think. This is just info based purely on fact taken from the series with a bit of interpretation thrown in there. If you have a question I shall answer it. It is that simple. I'm not trying to sound conceded but I just want to help clear some questions up about the series and prove to the world how much I love Neon Genesis Evangelion. PS. Just no joke or perverted questions like "how long did Shinji masterbate?" Keep them nice and serious. Captain Jake out and let the questions begin...

Pen2
Global user
(3/4/00 7:07:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ask Captain Jake anything about Evangelion!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
modest chap aren't you....

anyway if you're up on the psychobabble you should post your opinions in Genesis 0:13 that's probably the only area i need clarification on.
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
Global user
(3/4/00 11:31:43 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del k
Yes i would have to agree completly with pen2. Post your understanding of Genesis 0:13 in the topic approapriatly called Genesis 0:13 in this section.
It seems people are very quiet on the subject. (which is a shame).

ATh

eva2000
Administrator
(3/4/00 11:45:22 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: k
The reason why I am quite on the subject is I can't remember the episodes that well - it was a long time since i last watched it.....

Capt Jake
Global user
(3/5/00 12:14:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del You wanna know about Genesis 13? Read on...
The point to episodes 25 & 26 of Neon Genesis Evangelion were basically Hideaki Anno's personal vision of Evangelion. It also is meant to fit in with End of Evangelion in the way that they take place during it. Confused yet? you see the episodes shows the final coming to grips with the truth about one's self or Complimentation of each of the main characters in the story. Misato realized that she was just like Shinji and would run away into meaningless relationships in an attempt to spite her father who she loved/hated so much. This was done while she was about do die from her gunshot wound. It even showed her laying down with a gunshot wound in the series. Askua's complimentation occured when they put her in Eva 02 and dropped it in the bottom of the lake. Notice how it shows Eva 02 underwater in a fetal position with Askua inside? It was this coming to grips with herself that allowed her to pilot Eva 02 against the Eva Series(5-13). Rei's occured in her mind just as she was about to initiate the third impact. This was the reason for her betraying of Gendo and initiating of the Impact herself. Finally Shinji's occured within his mind while the impact was occuring and Rei was communicating with his mind(who do you think was asking all of those on screen text questions?). It was this final realization that he is an individual that was responsable for his drastic decision not to join the masses and to break away from the third impact. A sure sign of how far he had come in such a short time is it not? Hey they don't call me the Captain for nothing you know!

corpse
Local user
(3/5/00 5:06:54 pm)
when exactly did shinji masturbate
i remember reading it somewhere vaguely..it was when he saw asuka naked and comatosed in bed?
is this in the movie?

A T h 401
Global user
(3/5/00 11:22:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Mmm
Corpse- that is in one of the movies, (which i should be getting on tuesday).

Im sure ive read something very similar to your answer somewhere before Captin. Perhaps you have written it elsewhere. Anyhow, put it in the discusion on Genesis 0:13 (if you havent already).
Now for a question, are you ready??

expalin to me the physics which allowed for the change of costume within the world of Evangelion- specifically, when Shinji was battling the 14th Angel he was in his white shirt and grey? pants, but after being taken into Eva unit 01 these clothes had transformed into his plug suit. (the only place i see this magical transformation nowdays is in sailormoon)
(take this question with a bit of humour)

Capt Jake
Global user
(3/6/00 6:24:55 am)
Reply | Edit | Del How's this for an answer smartypants.
At first I asked that question myself. But since I own many of the episodes and watch them quite frequently I have figured it out, a lot of exposure to anything will make it make perfect sense to you. You see, he wasn't wearing the suit in that battle because there was no time to go through the changeroom and there was no point seeing as how the entryplug was right there. The way that Maya and the rest of the nerv techs talk about how his presence in the plug is giving a sort of shape to his plug suit. As if they inserted it in there to test just that. It is assumed that there must be a compartment for a spare plug suit in the entry plug. Remember how in episode 11 the pilots ended right in the Eva cages. Well if they were right there what would be the point to going through the changerooms and taking the elevator ride? But they still got thier plug suits on so perhaps they changed into their plug suits from within the entry plug. (I mean with those chairs you would imagine it difficult to sit with a dress on in there so shinji would change because the other two are.) So perhaps they just gave the release commands for the spare plug suit. I know what you are thinking about them not having any connections to the plug but pay close attention the only thing the Eva was refusing was the eject command. The fact that the plug's video monitor was still working must mean that there must be some remote control still working which would enable them to release the spare suit. So Eva makes perfect sense if you just stop and "THINK" about it. Who's da man? They don't call me the captain for nothing you know.

A T h 401
Global User
(3/7/00 12:20:11 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Thats good, but
and i mean BUT like the lady sitting in the third row of the church choir be having, BUT.

that explains how the plug suit go in there, it doesn't explain how Shinji's shirt and pants disappeared. (unless you will say there is some sort of robot maid in the entry plug which keeps the plug suit nice and neat until it is needed, as well as other housekeeping chores).

I must admit, your answer is good.

Capt Jake
Global User
(3/7/00 1:08:55 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Still trying to stump me eh? well try harder!!!!
The answer is simple, they got absorbed with him. Now you would be wondering why his interface headband wasn't but that too is simple. His clothes would of been absorbed into the LCL because they were close to his skin and probably covered in sweat and clinging to him like cyran wrap so they Eva would percieve them as a part of himself. Remember how they said that the elements that made up Shinji were preserved in the plug? Well who's to say that his clothes aren't some of those elements. The band was put on just before he went in so it would be fine. The reason why his clothes werent' regenerated then is because they got dumped with the LCL. When he was regenerated he was reconstructed by Unit 01 much like being born again. About the suit. The compartment remotely opened and it would float out seeing as how the LCL is no longer oxygenated. His presence in the plug gave it shape! so HA!

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/7/00 4:22:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Oh yeah?
THEN El Capitano, explain why the clothing didn't return when Shinji did?
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/8/00 12:02:12 am)
Reply | Edit | Del oh yeah?
I'm afraid that is a poor effort in relation to the previous answer you gave. That one was pluaseable(and damn good), if eva thought his clothes were close enough to the entity which is Shinji, it would only make sense that she would have reconstituted them in the return. Doing otherwise would have been like only forming an incomplete being- (why he is not missing an arm or a head rather than just his clothes is the likely question to follow).

oh well, perhaps this is a mystery that should be left for our children to ponder.

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/8/00 12:09:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Use your heads man! Think for once in your life!!!
The reason why Shinji's clothes werent' brought back is simple if you just think about it!!! remember how it was not the Eva who brought him back but him deciding to return. Since he "was" the Eva he could do that. Also, all of the elements that made up Shinji and his clothes were dumped with the LCL. His old body was completely destroyed or lost. What the Eva brought back was a body exactly like Shinji's because his own mind with it's residual self image knew deep down exactly what it was supposed to look like. Shinji's new clone body so to speak was created from the Eva's tissue. Ever notice how Eva's have an aweful lot of the stuff and can regenerate it helluva fast. The reason why his clothes weren't brought back is because the Eva made him out of it's own organic tissue(just to note that an Eva's genome is a 99.9% match to that of a humans as are the Angels) but the Eva wouldn't have it in it to reproduce materials and such. Think man!!! use your gray matter for once in your life and it will all make sense!!!

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/8/00 9:03:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del So. To review...
When Shinji was absorbed into Eva-01 his clothes because to quote you "Eva(percieved) them as a part of himself." At which point the Nerv techs activated a"spare plug suit storage compartment" to help return him. This however failed and Eva created a "new Shinji." ("Shinji's new clone body so to speak was created from
the Eva's tissue.") The clothes were not returned even though "Eva(percieved) them as a part of himself." because of this "cloning"

Is it just me, or is this getting a little farfetched in explaining what is essentialy the only blooper in the series?
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/9/00 12:13:45 am)
Only blooper?

There are a few more i believe but that just adds flavour to watching the series. and yes it is getting farfetched.
We need to find a new question to ask

Umm let see??

Pen2 can you think of anything?

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/9/00 7:25:00 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Farfetched???? How???
you've pretty much got it but you still don't seem to get this whole thing about the clothes not returning! For the last time, it is impossible to create non organic tissue from organic tissue. Notice how the eva's can regenerate tissue but not armor. Second of all they didn't activate a spare plug suit to bring him back. it was just an experiment to which involved remotely opening a compartment and to see what shape the suit would take and if he is stil in there. I don't see how this is far fetched. To a non Eva fan or christian, the whole damn storyline can be considered far-fetched. I have read your other posts and I know you are smarter than this. It is easy to figure it out if you just take the time to think about it. A lot of things in Eva don't appear to make sense at first but if you know your physics and stuff they all start to come together. I just know that Gainax is not careless enought to let a blooper that big(if a blooper is what you insist on calling it) slip through unnoticed. Now I agree with Pen^2 in saying that we need a new topic. I'm not here to defend a blooper(which that was not a blooper) but to answer anything that may be unclear about the series. So the next question is...

Manji
EVA-Pilot
(3/9/00 10:32:48 am)
Reply | Edit | Del I Gots One For Ya Captain!
I've been to quite a few NGE websites and I'm still unclear as to what exactly the EVA units are. It seems like they are part machine part angel, which would mean they are similar to humans, right? But they don't think on their own then? I noticed that the EVA-01 in an episode losses its arm armor and has human-like skin underneath. Is it's whole body like that? Do the EVA's have muscle instead of cybernetics? Does the EVA-01 have flesh underneath it's face armor? I've seen from pictures(when it had the crazed red eyes) that it had very human like teeth. What's going on there? Also, doesn't it have a different head in an episode(It was gray and had the 7 eyes)? As you can tell Jake, I haven't seen much of the series, but I'd still appreciate some help! Also, are there any good websites that address this topic?
Finally Captain, have you picked up Kaiyodo's kick ass EVA-01 figure?

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/9/00 10:44:23 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: I Gots One For Ya Captain!
oh oh... something on this thread i can answer ?

I think the Red Cross Book covers some of this right ? pen pen where are you ? I have been constructing the Red Cross Book at http://www.eva2000.com/redcross

All of it should be up by this weekend...

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/9/00 10:47:01 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: I Gots One For Ya Captain!
Btw, if you haven't yet visited my birthday board for my site go to http://www.eva2000.com/partyboard

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/9/00 12:26:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del The Evangelion Units Are...
Well Manji you came to the right place. Finally, I should of expected that I would be pinned with the oldest Evangelon question ever. First of all I need to give you some background on the second impact.Well here it goes In the year 2015, a meteorite struck the Antarctic and melted the polar ice cap reducing the world's population by half. In actuality that meteorite was a giant of light called Adam. (It was shaped exactly like an Eva with the fins on it's shoulders and everything.) Somehow Gendo Ikari and the boys at Gehrn(the old name for Nerv)managed to shrink Adam to an embryo. Without spoiling too much of the plot for you I'll cut this short. The Eva's are clones of Adam but not direct clones. They are made off of the same blueprint so to speak or genome(which is a 99.9% match for that of a human, just like the angels). Think of them as cybernetic angels. The Evangelion multipurpose humaniod fighting macines. They have mostly organic tissue with implants located in certain areas to aid in their control. Their armor also serves a double purpose as a restraint to keep them from growing and to keep their power in check. The last thing that anybody needs is to have a berserk Evangelion running free inside of the geofront let alone three of them. Some people with their websites are going to tell you that Eva-01 is a clone of Lilith(the big white thing crucified in Central Dogma with the mask symbolic of the seven eyes of God.) instead of Adam. There is a name for these people, morons! Eva-01 is also a clone of Adam. Maybe it's just me but usually a clone is supposed to look something like the origianl shouldn't it? Eva-01 has the fins, the core in the same place and everything. make no mistake. Sure the Eva's have minute differences with the number of eyes and stuff but those were just things that were added to enhance performance.Also, each Eva has a human soul inside of it. All of the souls are female. The soul inside of the Eva is the soul of the first person to try to synchronise with it. In Unit-00 lies the soul of Naoko Akagi(Ritsuko's mom)which explains why it went berzerk and tried to kill Rei and in a later episode Shinji.This is because Naoko hated Yui(Shinji's mom)Ikari and tried to kill the clone of her(Rei)and her son(Shinji). Inside of Unit-01 lies the soul of Yui Ikari. This explains why Shinji is the only person able to pilot it. It also explains why Unit-01 has been known to go berzerk on occasion and protect Shinji. It is also the only Eva that seems to have an active soul. This is because Yui died during an activation test or more like got absorbed into it. Eventually they were able to get a dead body out of it but no Yui. It eventually becomes awakened and then set free so is aware of everything and even generates an S2 organ(those cores that the Angels have) so it no longer needs external power. You can also see Gendo talking to Unit-01 and calling it Yui in episode 24 which makes you suspect that they planned this whole thing from the beginning. In Eva-02 was Auska's mom and it is assumed that Touji's mom was in Eva-03(before it got infected by the 13th angel Bardiel). So I hope this cleared things up for you and if you have any questions or still arent' clear on something you need but to ask.

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/9/00 4:29:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: The Evangelion Units Are...
That's pretty much it except for the inevitable points that i'm gonna disagree on

I don't agree with you that Naoko resides within Eva-00, there's nothing to back this up.

And what do you mean morons?

In Death and Rebirth Chairman Keel states:
"we cannot start the Complementation with Lilith. We can only hope to start it using Eva-01, The clone of Lilith" This is further proven by the Red Cross Book. Do you need it spelt out? How much proof do you need?!

----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/9/00 11:34:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: The Evangelion Units Are...
First off i think i should say i hope i have not annoyed you Captain Jake (certainly not my intention).

About Naoko being the soul for 00, i must admit there is nothing to back this up, but i personally like the idea, it does offer some explaination as to the origins of 00's temper-tantrums.

second impact was not caused by Adam crashing inot antarctica, The Katsuragi research team caused that when they woke Adam up (how long he was already there i do not know).

Also i am not too sure no one other than shinji can pilot 01
Rei does manage to sinc with 01. But i do believe that 01 would be a great deal less effective with anyone other then Shinji. As for Gendo planning (or directing) all this- yes, including second impact is my view

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/10/00 7:37:56 am)
Reply | Edit | Del to clear all this up
first of all I would like to appologize to anyone I may of offended. Second of all I would like to rephrase that whole lilith thing. Eva-01 may have Lilith's DNA in it(just like Rei). It is not a direct clone however. The body was unquestionably made from Adam,(in the spitting image of to be exact) Also Adam did crash into the antarctic. Without some form of impact how else could the media pass it off as a meteorite. It also shows this in the special addition of genesis 0:11 or Japanese LD with extra footage. It shows the impact and they had the lance of longinous
(or spear of destiny) right on site. Also, Rei was able to syncronize but not too well. She probably wouldn't be too combat proficient in Eva 01. Shinji's the only person who can really pilot it. it even went against it's programming and refused the dummy plug system. so I'm not saying that shinji is the only one who can syncronise but the only one who can pilot it effectively. you are right on that one. And about Naoko Akagi. Can anyone suggest someone else who could be in there? She tried to kill Rei and Shinji because she hated Yui and Rei. She even tried to kill Ritsuko, the daughter who tried to distance herself from her mother as much as possible. Naoko was also the first person to attempt to synchronize with Unit-00,(not shown in series) I'm not trying to contradict anyone and I'm sorry about offending anyone(was just in a bad mood yesterday). Sometimes my messages get misinterpreted so I have to back them up and If I'm wrong about something, by all means correct me. We're not here to prove who knows the most about Eva but to educate people on it. Am I not correct?

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/10/00 3:48:11 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: to clear all this up
Yeah I get like that.....

They did have The Lance on site at the anarctic. If you notice in the episode where Gendo is down there, they have a rather long object strapped to a ship

I think this was somehow used in the Adam capture, and The Second Impact has been hinted as intrntional

I think Rei was able to partialy-synchronise with Eva-01 due to the fact that she has a connection to Yui (You all know what, but i won't spoil it for the neophytes)

As to the "tenant" in Eva-00, my opinion would have to be Lilith (yeah yeah, not human, still alive etc.) but this is practically the only soul that has

A) a connection to Rei

B) Reason for attacking all the above

As to my last post i'd just walked home in the rain so i was a bit miffed so, sorry
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/11/00 12:16:18 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: to clear all this up
I did not think that 00 tried to kill Ritsuko, i always thought that it tried to kill Rei, and that Ritsuko was just being a bit paranoid. The first time it went beserk, Gendo was in view and the Dr.. the second time Rei was in view and the Dr.

I would think there have been many times when just the Dr. and some technitians (bad spelling but there are only pilots on this page) were the only ones in view and there were no problems.

to rephase the Adam thing, of course he crashed into the 7th continent, but that didnt create second impact- the vice commander (can never spell his hame Fyutski?) says (about the metiorite thing) that anyone who knew what i knew would never have acceppted that explaination) Ritsuko also says that what the children learn in history is false, that Adam exploding was the cause.
(I hope to be seeing a copy of The End of Evangelion on Tuesday so i may have a few questions then)

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/12/00 9:42:55 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Naoko Agaki =Evangelion Unit-00
Lilith? I don't get it. I have heard that theory before but it never made much sense to me. How exaclty can Lilith be in Unit-00? Lilith's soul is in Lilith because she is still alive. Also I don't see much reason for her to attack those people. Rei I might be able to understand because she is part Lilith but why Shinji? What's her beef with Shinji? She's never even seen him. Naoko would want a piece of Rei for obvious reasons. She killed the first Rei clone and any murder that great deserves another. She would hate Shinji because she hated Yui and killing her pride and joy would be the best way to get back at Yui for stealing her man. Now I know that since Rei has no connection to Naoko how could they syncornize? Well remember that the only reason why Rei can syncronize with any Eva is because She is part Angel. Remember Kaworu who could sync with any Eva he wanted because they were made of the same matter? Also Unit-00 would have programming in it's head that forces it to sync with the pilot. Naoko was the first person to try to sync with Unit-00. Since it's impossible to fit Lilith into that tiny entry plug how exactly would her soul get in there anyways?

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/12/00 12:21:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Naoko Agaki =Evangelion Unit-00
I don't think that the "resident" has to be in the entry plug to transfer the soul. Remember that Asuka's mother killed herself, and Touji's mother has had no implied connection to Project E at all.

The only person that was actually absorbed into Eva was Yui, and this is supposedly the reason why it re-activated itself on several occasions.

As to my Lilith theory, it's only a suggestion
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/12/00 1:44:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Mothers=Evas
You have a point there, but remember that the reason why Asuka's mom killed herself was because of the fact that she tried to synch with the Eva and failed. The imprint of the person who first syncs with the Eva is left in it. Eva-01 is special because Yui got absorbed into it. As to Eva-03 you've got me stumped there. I'm not even sure it had a soul in it. Since it was new and nobody ever synced with it(that we know of) I have no idea why Touji was chosen. Remember how he talked of his father at the lab and stuff like that. I think his father has something to do with Nerv and his mother could of been drafted to sync but Eva-03 was brand new so go figure.

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/12/00 2:10:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Mothers=Evas
The "soul" may not actually have to be part of the Eva at all. In quite a few episodes the refer to "preparing the pilots core" could this be the soul of the pilots mother?
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

escaeva
EVA-Pilot
(3/12/00 3:28:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del erm...my opinion
I don't want to start a fight or anything...
but in EoE ( End Of Evangelion) Towards the end of the film, they start talking about how Eva's purpose is to carry out humanity for all time. so yui will be alone in space, but the eva is human, and has a soul, so humanity will go on.
I might be wong though so......

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/13/00 12:27:36 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Loading in da RAM
Well, I see what you are saying but what they configure the core to do is to accept their RAM data which is recorded during their sync tests. This allows the Eva to recognize the pilot's mindpatterns. When Shinji left Nerv and Gendo said to remove the third child's RAM he quite possibly could of caused the absorbtion into the Eva. Just a thought but when It happened Shinji was piloting without RAM loaded in. Now there's some gourmet food for thought.

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/13/00 4:10:26 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Loading in da RAM
And in one of the episodes (correct me if i'm wrong) I think Gendo says "Forgive me Yui" Does this mean that Yui's "accident" was also intentional?

----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/14/00 12:07:32 am)
Hi,

The question of Yui being absorbed. In a way i feel that it could be both unintentional and intentional. The way Gendo reacted after the incedent points in the direction that it was not his wish for this to have happened. BUT the vice commander says that Yui belongs to the world now, but he says it in such a way to indicate that they knew something like this was going to happen if the project was to continue.

Also, someone says that Shinji was born to pilot Eva. It is unlikely events would have gone as they did if Yui was not absorbed.

Thanks Captin, it had never occurred to me before about the RAM thing, but what you say makes perfect sense. I can see now that Shinji had direct contact with Yui and 01 only when he was operating with no RAM configuration.

To finish off i would like to say that i do not remember Gendo saying sorry Yui to 01. I do not think he is sorry as everything has been a nessessary step to the compleation of His Project. (though he may not have liked losing Yui- probably his only true friend).

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/14/00 11:27:42 am)
Reply | Edit | Del It's all good
Awww geez thanks. I am just an observant Eva viewer. (hard not to be when you watch the episodes 500 times in a row and still not get board of them). I also do not recall him appologizing to Yui. It just doesn't sound in character for him. I think that he could of screwed her over and planned that but it is also possible that Naoko Akagi could of planned the sync accident. Remember how she hated Yui so much so why not. It gets Yui out of the way so she has no competition for Gendo. Some also believe that Yui planned this herself. So it could of been anybody.

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/14/00 6:37:09 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Big stuff up on my part
I just realised he doesn't say sorry at all (i think it might be in Eva-R, damn my accursed brain)
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/15/00 12:17:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: It's all good
I have sort of seen the movie EoE today (at work with a constant eye over my shoulder making sure i did not get caught ((which is even harder when everyone else comes over to see what your watching))) but i would have to say Yui was well aware of what was going to happen, as was Gendo. So i would be one who believes Yui planned it herself (to a degree).

i also did not understand the movie that much (certainly not to the same degree as the two Tv eps). It does answer a few questions which are floating about but it does make you ask more questions. But none for you right now

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/15/00 7:48:19 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Eva-R Sucks My @$$!
Don't go believing stuff you read in Eva-R. I know I promoted it earlier and will continue to read it but i must say that it is pretty lame. It's not about Misato and Shinji anymore. They added far too many main characters and now it's just crap. Especially the 6th Child Lyn Anouillh. I wanna punch that kid in the face! He's a snobby little upperclass British twit! He adds nothing new to the story what so ever and is just a British Shinji that whines more, is an even bigger wuss and lacks that deep down combat instinct that makes Shinji soooo cool. The other characters are lame as well. It is not about Shinji anymore. That really bugs me because Eva is all about Shinji and Misato. Anno even said so. I am no fan of Eva-R!

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/15/00 11:46:14 am)
How'd you manage to get End of Eva at work ? on VCD, VHS ?

I haven't read anything at Eva-R yet so I can't comment ... still can't get past their first few pages..loads very slowly... not that my site is any faster ...

is it ?

ATh as for the site down time, could you manage to get to my site from

anime2000.simplenet.com ?

the domain Eva2000.com may have some problems and i am saving up money to upgrade the domain to a faster and better server.....

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/15/00 4:04:21 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Eva-R Sucks My @$$!
I'm not saying i count Eva-R as a legitimate addition to evangelion, i just couldn't exactly remember if it was in Eva-R or Good 'ol Neon Genesis so chill amigo
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/16/00 12:19:16 am)
No, nothing worked, and i tried alot of ways to get in. As i said that link in the email was the only way i managed to get in.

As for watching EoE at work- labtop on disk. poor quality too begin with, add poor screen, poor sound and constant interuptions. though i did watch the last ep at home. (we all decided to go home early- as you see its pretty slack where i work).

I personally was not too impressed with the movie. As the comments have said very recently Eva is about Shinji and Misato, and i think this was lost in the movie. There was no character development and i didn't shed a tear when anyone got shot (or whatever). I will have to watch it again, hopefully my opinion will change. I certainly prefer the Tv ending.

Hope i did not offend anyone

ATh

Anime Gary LT
EVA-Pilot
(3/17/00 7:06:15 am)
Reply | Edit | Del A simple Question ...
Aight Cap, let's see if you can answer the simplest question of N.G.E. I'm new to Neon Genesis Evangelion, so can you explain to me what this Anime Series is exactly about? It seems very complexed ... from reading the other posts around here ... and is it hentai? Well, that's nonsense, being a fellow otaku myself I'd know better than to think that N.G.E. is Adult Anime ... What is Neon Genesis Evangelion about?

Brief Description: A lone traveler, he apparently travels the universe in search
of adventure, aboard his ship: Landale IX. A mysterical, stern, and
upright while at the same time dark and mysterious. He may seem
frail at first glance, but hidden inside his body lurks a fearsome
power. Wearing the Premium Heart on one hand, with the Elsydeon
(The Sword which holds the souls of the fallen Heroes of Algo) sheathed.
Job
World Traveler [ex-member of the Turks, Shinra]
Skills and Abilities
Magic, and Swordsmanship
Primary Weapons: The Elsydeon and the Premium Heart
"Evil is but the product of Good" | Visit Anime Nexus Forum Community

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/17/00 9:35:31 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Evangelion is about...
Well let's start this at the beginning shall we. I don't want so spoil the plot for you so I'll omit some details. Evangelion is about the hearts of people, of mankinds resiliance, man attempting to play God, the coming of age of Shinji Ikari, the list goes on...
As for the story it goes like this

In the year 2000 a massive meteor struck the Antarctic and melted the polar ice cap in an event known as the "Second Impact". This flooded the earth and reduced the earth's population by half. It was later discovered that this so called meteor was in fact a massive giant of light known as Adam, the first angel. The series takes place 15 years after this catastrophe. a young boy named Shinji Ikari is called from his home to a meet with his estranged father who left poor Shinji when he was young after his mother died. This happens at exactly the same time as a giant creature known as the third angel seems to be attacking. As he is reunited with is father he is dissapointed to learn that the only reason why he was called there was because his father had a use for him. That use being to pilot an Evangelion. Now an Evangelion is the ultimate fighting machine. It is a gian 40 foot tall life form encased in combat armor(which gives it the appearance of being a robot) These Evangelions are piloted by thought and (for reasons that I'm not gonna get into right now because we'll be here all night) they can only be piloted by certain 14 year old children. Now after managing to beat the Angel(because his Evangelion or Eva for short went berserk and opened up a can of whoop ass on it) he finds himself a stranger in a strange city and living with his commanding officer a young woman named Misato Katsuragi(the second main character in the story) he must learn to interact with people and defend the earth from these mysterious invaders called Angels using his Evangelion. Along the way many new Eva's and Eva pilots as well as other characters and plot twists are added. All of this equals the greatest series(anime or not) that has ever been produced.

P.S In case you didn't reazise from reading this Eva is NOT hentai.

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/17/00 11:52:24 pm)
One of the most important things you failed to mentaion Captain Jake is that Evangelion spans many age groups. For me Eva certainly is adult anime, just because there is little sex and only low level violence does not make it non adult.

There are many stories running through the series and depending on who YOU ARE will depend on which aspects you relate to and ultimatly enjoy.

The first time i watched the series i did not think too much of it untill the 12th angel struck, where on the story became entralling. Of course now, the begining eps are just as good as the later ones because i can see where they lead and how they fit in with the story i love

ATh

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/18/00 1:22:46 am)
yes, ATh401 i agree .... i didn't put any thought into the series at first... for me it was action,...action and more action...

I have to get my hands on the entire series again to watch...

Anime Gary LT
EVA-Pilot
(3/18/00 10:48:48 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Watching Eva ...
I just bought a DVD of Eva and popped it in my DVD Drive, I'm viewing the First Episode for now, and well as Captain said the Third Angel attacks when Shinji is waiting for a date? Well these military officials send all their power to attack it, they succesfully killed it (At least they thought they did), but it was regenerating or something ....

Brief Description: A lone traveler, he apparently travels the universe in search
of adventure, aboard his ship: Landale IX. A mysterical, stern, and
upright while at the same time dark and mysterious. He may seem
frail at first glance, but hidden inside his body lurks a fearsome
power. Wearing the Premium Heart on one hand, with the Elsydeon
(The Sword which holds the souls of the fallen Heroes of Algo) sheathed.
Job
World Traveler [ex-member of the Turks, Shinra]
Skills and Abilities
Magic, and Swordsmanship
Primary Weapons: The Elsydeon and the Premium Heart
"Evil is but the product of Good" | Visit Anime Nexus Forum Community

NiggyG
(3/18/00 6:35:06 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Third Impact
OK Cap. Here's one for you. I have not seen either of the movies, but have watched the episodes lots of times. However, I cannot figure out how Rei is supposed to initiate Third Impact. Perhaps I am not observant enough, or perhaps it is not in the series. Please help.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/18/00 6:44:39 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Third Impact
Welcome NiggyG - judging by your title status this is one of your first posts here..

My name is George and i run the site and this message board... Capt Jake and others here seem to know what they are talking about more than myself... so i will let them explain it

the short url to this message board is http://www.eva2000.com/board if you want to bookmark it

well be seeing you around NiggyG

my fav smiley

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/18/00 11:22:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Third Impact
In 25&26 they allude to rei starting third impact but it's not really pointed out how. So in light of the movies...

Rei was, bluntly, created for the purpose of the Third Impact. She supposedly has Lilith's "soul" She has several angel characteristics, such as her red eyes (like Kaoru) and she is capable of deploying an A.T field (Ep 24) This is where it gets a little sketchy. The ultimate goal of the angels attacking Tokyo-3 was to unite with Lilith, supposedly if an Angel unites with Lilith all of mankind will be destroyed by the Third Impact (the reason for Kaoru's sacrifice)

Rei, being part angel was also able to fuse with Lilith, and ultimatley she did, creating the third impact. As to the success of the Third Impact that's also supposition, some say Shinji or Eva itself refused to unite into a single form and so it failed, others say Shinji "wished" for the existence of Asuka and Himself.

I'd like to hear someone elses opinion on what the diffrence between the two versions of the Third Impact. (or three versions if you count Gendo's and Shinji's separate) Is it merely a matter of control over the event or something else?

P.S> sorry if i've confused you even more NiggyG, honestly i do it to myself half the time
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/18/00 11:30:38 pm)
I would have to admit, that since seeing the movie EoE i am a bit confused myself as to what Third Impact is supposed to acheive. Everything was fine in the tv series but the movie complicates things. I have read somewhere a disscussion of SEELE's and Gendo's aims for Third Impact but i do not remember where that was. Now it seems to me i do not know what Gendo's aim actually was (but i do know it had a reunion with Yui as an aim).

So Capt'n what are your thoughts on this subject? (as well as everyone else)

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/19/00 2:46:31 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Well I'm with Pen Pen on this one
Well geez, Pen^2 pretty much summed it all up. Thank you for making my job that much easier. Geez, perhaps we should rename this section ask Capt Jake, A T H 401 and Pen^2 anything about Evangelion. So next question please...

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/19/00 2:56:39 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Well I'm with Pen Pen on this one
Well to make this thread alot easier i posted a few new threads dealing with aspects of Evangelion - you're welcome to reply and discuss within them... I am sure ATh401, Pen2, Homicide, Capt Jake and others will be able to carry a good discussion

Here's some of these threads

The top ones I have a few questions of my own

Who or what is Keel Lorentz ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=62.topic

Ikari Shinji, Yui and Gendo ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=69.topic

Explaining Adam ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=68.topic

What is the Human Complementation Plan ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=57.topic

What is the Fruit of Life ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=41.topic

What is the Tree of Life ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=42.topic

What is the Tree of Sephiroth ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=43.topic

There's others as well... enough for some discussion i hope

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/22/00 1:19:26 am)
Ok i hope im not doing a bad thing here but here i go.

Remember the last page or two and the discussion of Lilith being the Soul residing in 00? One remark against that is that Lilith is still alive.

I agree that She is still alive but i certainly think She is Soulless on the Cross. To me Rei is Liliths Soul.
After the Lance was removed from Her body (Lilith) she not only regrew her legs but She is begining to look rather pregant. Rei is taken in via the stomach- in a sense returning to the Womb. (Allusions to Lilith here being a virgin and Gendo talks about the FORBIDDEN union between Adam and Lilith).

One thing which may help is that symboliclly, The Daughter IS the Mother and the Mother IS the Daughter. (Anyone with knowledge of the Tarot and the unspeakable name of God of the Jews- Yod, He, Vau, He -will be able to revolve this around until it becomes a unity) (given time). but for those others,

Notice how the second and forth letters are both He, and these are both Feminine in position. The Yod is the All Father, the first He is the All Mother, the Vau is the Son and the second He is the Daughter.

The union of the Son and Daughter places the Daughter upon the Throne of the Mother (Throne of the Soul hint hint) and reawakens the All Father.

The union of Shinji/01 and Rei/Lilith is what awakens the New existance or Third impact.

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/23/00 8:26:10 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Eva-00=Naoko, Lilith=Lilith
Sorry to burst your bubble because you have a great point going there(really makes you think) but Lilith's soul is in lilith. It is impossible to live without a soul and everybody knows that dead things dont' regrow limbs. Rei's soul is Rei. When a baby is born it either has a reincarneted soul or a new one depending on your religious beliefs and such. Making a clone would be the equivalent of bringing a new child into the earth. Just a child not born by natural means. Rei has certain flashbacks from Yui however because she has a clone of Yui's old brain. Also her connection to Gendo would also involve her old memories and the fact that he raised her. That is why Rei III is so insubordinant. She feels no connection. Gendo never raised her or saved her life. The more clones you make the further you get from the original so also she would have less memories of Yui's life. Also Lilith is not in Unit-00 for the last time people. I would personally like to meet the person who came up with that @#%$ameme Idea. Naoko Akagi is the only person who is in Unit-00. I have been accused of having no proof but the proof is right there if you look for it. Naoko is the only one who would want to kill Shinji and Rei because she hated Yui so much. She also was pissed at Ritsuko and Gendo because Ritsuko tried to distance herself from her mother as much as possible and Gendo who, even after she died he continued to exploit her. Got it? So who else could be in there? She was also the first person to attempt to sync(not shown in series)with it so her soul was imprinted much like Yui or Askua's mom(I forget her name). So cut out all this stupidity about lilith being inside of Unit-00 because she is not. Lilith is in Lilith. That's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(3/23/00 5:29:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Damn, i thought we'd gotten over this......
IF Lilith had a soul, what stopped it from running around the Geo-Front once it regenerated? "dead things don't regrow limbs". Considering we're talking philosophical here that's a pretty weak statement. And if Rei didn't have lilith's soul what was her connection to Lilith? "Her body was actually salvaged from what was left behind of Yui's body inside EVA" to quote the Red Cross Book.

And if Naoko syncing with Eva-00 doesn't appear in the series where does it appear? It's a pretty tenuous link at best.

Oh and Asuka's mothers name is Kyoko

okay rant over

----"Gyaaa" -Penē

Edited by Pen2 at: 3/23/00 5:29:10 pm

Zeruel 14th
(3/24/00 12:34:18 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Lilith?
Greetings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my interpretation of the Third Impact involves any Angel (Where I include the Evangelions, and Lilith to be the 2nd Angel) to reunite with Adam, the 1st Angel. This being all of the Angels primary goal - which happens to irradiate humanity in the process.

SEELE and to a different extent, Gendo have plans to cause the (good for humans) Third Impact intentionally but with the aid of a human mind receding inside the form of an Angel, this allows us to control how the Third Impact is initiated, just like how a pilot can control an Evangelion (Shinji in Unit 01 as seen in the movies). Or by Gendos version of the plan where he (with Adam) will "become one with Rei" and then join within Lilith. So he may "live forever with Yui" so to speak, by using the anti-AT field theory.

Kaoru doesn't cause the Third Impact because he feels humans should survive but also by the fact that he did not know where Adam was located.

Extracted from a Japanese translation of Episode 24
Kaoru: Adam, our mother being. Those born from Adam must return to Adam, even annihilating humanity? No! It's different. This is Lilith. I see. I understand, Lilim.

This image is from the Directors Cut of Evangelion which is at the moment, unfortunately only available in Japanese.

members.tripod.com/~EvaOtaku/directors_cut.htm

This shows where Adam was in the time being... In a added scene in Episode 24 where Gendo stands in front of Unit 01 speaking to it as if it were Yui, he then looks down as his hand and you see...

Well that's my 2 cents for now.. I highly recommend reading the directors cuts, as they link issues raised within the two movies back to the series.

~Zeruel
An Indian brave did not have to pass a math quiz in order to become chief, he just had to kick the ass of some bear.
zeruel@penpen.com

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/24/00 1:18:00 am)
Your stepping on some very touchy toes there Capt'n, about that soul issue. You can sever your arm off, keep it alive, marr it and it will repair itself. BUT does that mean you lose that aspect of your soul??? Highly unlikely. Lilith is NOT DEAD and the Lance is simply inhibiting Her natural regeneration.

As for Nanako (bad spelling) i thing her soul is with her brain in Casper, Thus Casper's choosing not to initaite self destruct under the Dr's orders.

I believe 00 to be soulless and that it is Rei being an angel which allows her to Sync. And hows this- 00 attacked both Gendo and Rei herself out of love for Rei.

Rei 11 wantd to die (as did 111) and the episode where Shinji askes Rei why she pilots she says because for the BONDS. It is through 00 that Rei connects with the rest of humanity on an emotional level.

By killing Gendo, Rei would no longer be needed and She would be able to die (kill herself?) this failed so 00 when seeing Rei tried to do the next best thing, and Kill Rei. This adds even more weight to ones heart when Rei sacrifices not only herself but 00 to destroy the 16th angel.

(The only other option i can think to explore is finding out a better understanding of the Japanese custom of the Home and home coming. When Shinji moved in with Misato there was special attention paid to his 'crossing the threashold' and 'welcome home' ((replayed in eps 25+26)) Now Rei enters The BODY of Lilith and 'Welcome Home' comes up. To me the house is a shell and it is the people inside which bring the life, the soul in a way)).

Maybe eva2000 should put a voteing thing so peolpe can lodge their opinions anonymously LOL

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/24/00 10:01:40 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Ignorance is the scource of all mysery
First all I mean no disrespect to you A T H but Pen^2, cut it out and use your brain for once in your life. It is a fact that Lilith is still alive because can you regrow stuff when dead? Also, the thing that kept Lilith from running around the Geo-Front is the fact that it has no legs and is crucified to a giant cross! I kind of think of it as hard to walk around without legs. Why do you think that she has no legs? Nerv probably cut them off and stuck the lance in her(to hider growth)so they wouldn't have to cut her legs off every once and a while. Even if she was somehow able to rip herself off the cross where would she land but into a giant vat of LCL and swimming without legs aint easy either. And A T H, Naoko's soul isn't in Caspar, Melchior or Balthazar. She just programmed her personalities into them. The Magi worked before she killed herself. And also, Pen^2, Naoko syncing was from the Special director's cut as I understand which is unfortunately only in Japanese for the time being. As for you A T H, nice theory and It could be right, nothing but respect for that one but everyone please cut this bull$#!t about Lilith in Unit-00 out. The same thing with Eva-01, Although I can understand how it was made with Lilith's DNA I still refuse to believe that Eva-01 is a direct clone. All of the Eva's bodies are clones of Adam, just look at them, Eva-01 just like all of the others are in the spitting image of Adam. I don't care what no Red Cross booklet says. I accept that it was made with Lilith's DNA to act as a spare Lilith but don't try to tell me that the body isn't from Adam! Perhaps there was some gene mixing going on there but I don't know. Just like Lilith is not in Unit-00! Maybe if you smoke enough crack that theory might make sense but come on people!

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/24/00 4:43:13 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ignorance is the scource of all mysery

Quote:
First all I mean no disrespect to you A T H but Pen^2, cut it out and use your brain for once in your life.

Everything seems to be going fine on the boards... Just one thing to remember which will make this board a better place...

Be respectful of others opinions and you can criticize their opinions or what they are saying, just don't criticize the person saying it ...

Please no personal attacks... pretty plese with sugar on top

Well back to the discussions

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/25/00 7:45:19 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Sorry but...
Right, I'll try that in the future but it's hard not to critisize someone who seem to go out of their way to contradict you and shoot down your opinions. Same thing happened with the Plug suit incident. I had them beaten on that subject so they respond by saying it is getting farfetched when if you think about it, my solution makes perfect sense. I repeat for the last time. It is impossible to bioregenerate non organic matter(ie. clothes) from organic matter. notice how the Eva's can regenerate tissue but not armor. that's beside the point. I'm not trying to anger anyone but I do sense that there seems to be a bit of competition going on here between certain people. Everything I say seems to get critisized by the same people. I don't care what any red cross booklet says. I don't let any books think for me. So please stop this competition here.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/25/00 8:13:06 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Sorry but...
yeah i understand, the discussions in this thread have been of a very high quality (yes I like to call them very intellectual debates/discussions rather than heated arguments )

I am probably the least knowledgeable/qualified person to discuss evangelion on the high level that most of this thread has taken to, but I don't see it as competition... after all the subject of the thread is 'Ask Captain Jake anything about Evangelion!!!'

members querying your statements, putting forth their opinions and interpretations and putting in hypothetical (?) questions (man my spelling has gone out the window) is expected, given the nature of the thread, this forum and the member's differing backgrounds related to their knowledge of evangelion.

As you said you don't let any books think for you, and i think the majority of members here don't have the red cross book, so what they say is their thoughts on the matter that's all...

Well look at this long reply... certainly shows from the reply that i know much much less about evangelion doesn't it

Access
(3/26/00 10:55:33 pm)
I have several questions which I would like answered. No test, I would like answers, to.

Is lillith or Adam the first angel. This is still being disupted in many message boards. During the corse of the series it is explained that Adam is the first Angel then as the series came to an end Tabris revealed that indeed it is Lillith who is the First Angel?

Quote from another source.
" Originally the Human Complementation Plan planned to use this Lilith. However SEELE changed the plan after the Spear was lost, and they attempted to use EVA01 for Complementation purpose. At that moment, Keel Lorentz says this is "the copy of Lilith". By this it seems that EVA01 was actually made by copying Lilith. By the way, in the preaching literature's of the Rabbis, it was said that Lilith (Lilth) was the very first wife of Adam. It was also said that between Adam and Lilith were born the demons and spirits"

Is Lillith is the first wife of adam, and eve or EVA is the 2nd wife. If Eve was created by taking the rib from Adam thn that would mean Eva is cloned from Adam. However if Lillith is the first wife of Adam then as the "Rabbis" litureture states that Lillith came before Adam.

So this is what is stated that;

Lillith is the mother of all the angels including EVA? Even the lillim it self.

Sorry these are just random statements glued callously together using lack of sleep and poor spelling.

Some other minor questions aswell.

1) Why was Rei seen at the start of Epsode 1 when she was in hospital wrapped in bandages. Their is no proof that Shinji was dreaming. It is said that another event much like this occurs in EOE however, I have not seen the film yet.
2) Thoughts or idea on who Shot Kaji.
3) Rei has a sole which must be past between her bodies as the previously onces die. Since she is cloned from Yui and Liliith (or Adam - want your opionin on that to) does that mean a soul was created just like dolly the sheep. For if the Soul of Yui exists in Rei how can it simultaneosuly be in Unit 01.
4) Why do all the pilots have the mothers soul in their EVA and why are they so youg. In the series it is stated by Ritsuko that only 14 year old children could pilot the EVA. However that would mean that in 1 years time they would no longer be able to pilot the EVA. If Rei has been training for years with Gendo he must of been aware when the Angels were attacking.
5) IF Gendo wanted instrmentality to bring him to his wife, and Seele wanted mankind just to be brought together because they though it wasd best for mankind. Why did Seele and Gendo have problems with each other. Why did Seele force 3rd Impact to Nerv. I mean Gendo wanted it to happen as well why didn'y Seele just let Gendo do what he wanted they would get the same result.
6) If An angel merged with Adam = 3rd impact why didn't Seele and nerv just let this happen. I don't believe in a good and bad 3rd Impact.
7) Did 1st impact actually involve angels, did a T-Rex deside that the whole planet's population should merge together or was it just a meterite.

Ha ha Essay time for you Captain Jake.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/27/00 12:49:26 am)
Welcome Access to my board

Being less of an expert on NGE I can only quote from the Red Cross Book

So you may find some answers at

What are the Angels ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=65.topic

What is Adam ?
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=68.topic

Those 7 questions you have are very interesting questions ...

It would be nice to spilt up this to a new thread... Capt Jake maybe make a 'Ask Capt Jake Part II' post ?

Particularly long threads discourage new members from reading it... well most members anyway ...

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/27/00 1:56:52 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Smashing Idea old chap!
Great Idea, I'm making a new thread, any unfinished answers can be found there

David Ikari
EVA-Pilot
(4/5/00 1:25:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Plug suit
How about considering the fact that they may have mssed up in the episodes? You can't have shinji quickly getting changed into a plugsuit for an emergency startup, and you need the plug suit for it to give Shinji substance. Try thinking that that stuffed it.

Jimsan
(4/6/00 9:18:12 am)
Reply | Edit | Del definition of a soul
Capt.Jake

In 0:13, we are presented with the case of the instrumentality of Shinji. I understand that the exact description as to the nature of the instrumentality project can only ever be conjectured, but it seems to me that through some 'amalgamation' of the EVA , "Shinji" and the intervention of the eighteenth angel that Shinji is illuminated. My problem here is that in this episode, during Shinjis conversations with the others, we are presented with a conception of Shinji as not existing as a seperate entity to those around him. If, as he is instucted, he is to find meaning in his existence by recognising that there are an awful lot of Shinji Ikaris that exist in the minds of others and that these Shinji Ikaris are equally 'real' as the Shinji Ikari that Shinji himself recognises, then this reality (I assume here that this is the 'proper' reality because it is presented to us at the climax of the series as a definite conclusion)might pose some problems not only for niggly little things like how it is then that an EVA can be piloted if the pilot has no 'area' within which his essence can actually be described (I take as granted that the soul that the EVA locks on to to operate must be an individual autonomous soul-but wait, is that a contentious issue?), but also for determining how it is that instrumentality can take place; surely, going on my interpretation of 'The Case Of Shinji Ikari', there is no need for Steeles project to take place at all when 'Instrumentality' as he puts it is already the case?
However, if the writers are to be taken as not strictly advocating an individual soul, but rather an amalgam of reciprocal souls that are shared by all the other entities that the entity in question comes into contact with, then that concept by itself is, I think, an admirable one that we westerners perhaps might not be accustmoed to. I think that when Shinji dissapates into his EVA(what episode?) we are given a clue as to this ideology that if the body by which we are recognised and differentiated by and from others is removed then the perceived boundaries between what we see as ourselves and what we see as others falls away and we are left with somthing radical that I believe the witers of Neon Genesis Evangelion might be trying to push us towards.
Then again.....

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/7/00 11:57:05 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Well...
I'm not quite sure what exactly what your question is here. First of all dispit what you have heard man is not the 18th angel. Misato was just being sarcastic. if man was an angel then we could initiate the impact by simply touching adam or lilith. Also It is late and I am very tired so could you please rephrase what your initial question is because I don't really have the patience to go picking through that for one. Sorry but I don't have the time. If you are just making a comment then that is cool too

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/7/00 12:17:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: definition of a soul
Hi ya Jimsan

welcome to my Evangelion Message Board. I hope you'll enjoy your stay. As to your post I too am finding it hard to understand what you are exactly trying to say/question.

But Capt it may be easy if you separated it into parts

Quote:
In 0:13, we are presented with the case of the instrumentality of Shinji. I understand that the exact description as to the nature of the instrumentality project can only ever be conjectured, but it seems to me that through some 'amalgamation' of the EVA , "Shinji" and the intervention of the eighteenth angel that Shinji is illuminated.

My problem here is that in this episode, during Shinjis conversations with the others, we are presented with a conception of Shinji as not existing as a seperate entity to those around him.

If, as he is instucted, he is to find meaning in his existence by recognising that there are an awful lot of Shinji Ikaris that exist in the minds of others and that these Shinji Ikaris are equally 'real' as the Shinji Ikari that Shinji himself recognises,........

then this reality (I assume here that this is the 'proper' reality because it is presented to us at the climax of the series as a definite conclusion)might pose some problems not only for niggly little things like......

..how it is then that an EVA can be piloted if the pilot has no 'area' within which his essence can actually be described (I take as granted that the soul that the EVA locks on to to operate must be an individual autonomous soul-but wait, is that a contentious issue?), .......

..but also for determining how it is that instrumentality can take place; surely, going on my interpretation of 'The Case Of Shinji Ikari', there is no need for Steeles project to take place at all when 'Instrumentality' as he puts it is already the case?

i think it would be easier to read as divided above ... i still have to read it again

2nd part

Quote:
However, if the writers are to be taken as not strictly advocating an individual soul, but rather an amalgam of reciprocal souls that are shared by all the other entities that the entity in question comes into contact with, then that concept by itself is, I think, an admirable one that we westerners perhaps might not be accustmoed to.

I think that when Shinji dissapates into his EVA(what episode?) we are given a clue as to this ideology that if the body by which we are recognised and differentiated by and from others is removed....

..then the perceived boundaries between what we see as ourselves and what we see as others falls away and we are left with somthing radical that....

..I believe the witers of Neon Genesis Evangelion might be trying to push us towards. Then again.....

Jimsan
NERV-Technician
(4/15/00 10:00:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del reefinition of a soul
Capt.Jake et al,

Sorry I've left it a while. I've gone through the series again and done some extra background research with regards to my earlier point. Sorry to cause such confusion, having re-read my post I can see where you are coming from! To the Commander-thanx! Your exposition was most helpful to me (now I might just be able to work out what it was that I was trying to say!). Seriously though, there is a point that I would like to make and my question ultimately is, what definition of a soul are we supposed to attribute to the characters of eva?

I don't have any specific references (sorry-I can't be arsed to sit there watching the show with a pad and pen noting everything that I think might be relevant), but I think that I am familiar enough with the series to say that (v.roughly!) I know what I'm saying is accurate.

I don't have time now (could I come back? I've got quite alot of rubbish floating around in my head that I'd like to share, yet I fear that it might overrun the page as a whole. Is that cool? I mean, is there a limit to how much we can submit or anything?)to say my piece, but a question for you Jake, that has been driving me almost insane-what is Lillith(in the series, not historically 'cos I know that ---- already) and what the hell has she to do with the price of fish anyway? (NB:I haven't seen either of the movies yet, so Jake, if you can, please answer the question with no spoilers!)

Laters.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/15/00 11:25:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: reefinition of a soul
---- I love statements like that;

A question I dont fully understand the concept of giving out infromation with out spoilers because isnt it a spoiler for somoeone to answer questions. lol.
Access

Jimsan
NERV-Technician
(4/17/00 10:32:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del What?
Hey Access,

Give me a break. How the hell am I supposed to know if my question can be answered with or without spoilers, given that I haven't actually seen either of the movies? If you look a little closer you will see that I would be perfectly happy with a response that would answer my question in terms of the tv series and perhaps one that might give allusions to what might happen in the movies. If that can't be done without ruining my future enjoyment of the movies, furry muff. I'll leave such decisions up to the person who takes it upon his/herself to answer my Q. Bear in mind that this is a dicussion site, so don't start on the newcomers just 'cos we're not keyed into your modus operandi. Yet.

Lates.

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/18/00 7:08:10 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Lilith in a nutshell
Well from reading your posts I can see that you are a person who doesn't know what he/she wants. You want me to answer one of the ultimate spoiler questions without the spoilers. That's like ordering a BLT with yout the lettuce or the tomato. Oh well, here's your B sandwitch anyways.

Lilith is the Second Angel. She is needed to initiate the good third impact. Seele made Kaworu(along with almost everybody else) think that she was Adam. I cant' go into too much more detail without massive spoilers so that's all I'm gonna say. want a more explicit answer with spoilers just lemme know

Jimsan
NERV-Technician
(4/20/00 9:39:51 am)
Reply | Edit | Del nice
Capt. Jake

Cheers for the info. I guess I must have been looking at the tv show too hard trying to find answers to my questions when there weren't any available anyway. Waiting until september is going to be tough.
In one of the last episodes, during Asukas flashbacks, who is the German man her surrogate mother is talking to in the voiceovers?I think it's the section where Asukas mum is talking about being a woman first above being a scientist.

lates.

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/20/00 11:44:07 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Dr. Generic German
It didn't really say, it could of been her doctor or her husband. Never gave much info. sorry about my lack of info but I don't have much to work with here.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/20/00 2:41:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Dr. Generic German
Cap dont you read the Manga, im sure the answers are in their? And go back to "It is Upon Us" and PLEASE state your evidence, for Adam being first.
Access

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(4/20/00 10:17:45 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Yo Captain Planet: Let our powers combine!
I cannot believe that you don't have any doubts about some of the questions of Eva Cap. That is, if you really are a Captain. In my mind there are certain things that are not straight and I have given up trying to disentangle all of the subtle references, allusions and implied occurrences.
However, I do not think that this takes anything away from Eva which is a masterpiece.
For example: What are the Angels? You cannot give me a concrete answer for this because I don't believe director Anno wanted a concrete enemy. All we have to work with on this question is the vague implications given which I wont go into. Has anyone heard the Eva comedy drama track on tha Eva Addition CD?
It shows just how ridiculous it would be and what Eva would be reduced to if everything was so simple clear cut and spoon fed. (In the Drama they turn Eva into a Power Rangers type show with the angels introducing themselves as some evil aliens from Mars or something.)
That is an example of one question of many that have at best hazy and gap filled answers.
By gap filled I mean that we with our own imagination and extrapolation have filled the gaps left by Anno, and there are gaps!
And that plug suit explaination, I've never heard anyone try to explain it before I've always thought of and read it as taken for granted as a blooper. You threw some doubt into my mind, but it was defnately far fetched Cap.

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/21/00 8:02:23 am)
Reply | Edit | Del I pity da fool who thinks my answer's's farfetched
First of all the angels are actual Angels sent by God to test humanity, their coming was prophesized in the Dead Sea Scrolls. They were sent to test humanity to see if we were worthy reach the final stage in Evolution. To earn our way back into heaven so to speak. They do this by trying to merge with Adam for if they do Humanity will perish. If one touches Lilith we will evolve 100% free of Red tape. IF we are to initiate the impact ourselves all 17 angels must be defeated. Did you even watch the entire series man????? Also anyone who finds my answer farfetched on the plug suit issue, has no business watching Eva in the first place. It is no more far fetched than Shinji getting absorbed in the first place, or the Angels, or the Eva's or the whole story line. The only reason you people disregard my flawless answer is because you don't want to believe. It's human pride. Everyone has that sort of "I am always right" programming in their brain. You will only listen to someone you trust. Anno could spoonfeed you whatever he wanted no matter how farfetched it may seem and you'd believe it because he's Anno. I say something and you naturally think "who's this guy think he is?" so you don't listen. Who would you believe more. A psycologist or a bum on the street with the exact same if not higher skill level. You'd believe the so called professional. It makes perfect sense. His body was lost when the LCL dumped. only his soul remained. The Eva made a new body exactly like the old one out of it's own biomatter. It was proven that Eva's can manipulate their own matter like Unit-01 did to the arm of the 14th Angel(Zeruel). You saw how it completely changed the arm to suit itself and since, Angels, Eva's and Humans are so close genetically who's to say that the Eva can't make it's own matter into human matter. It wouldn't be giving up much of it's own biomass because shinji is so small in comparrision. Another thing that people can't get through their thick skulls is why his clothes weren't brought back with him. Well I explained earlier! What was left of the clothes was dumped along with his old body. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CREATE NON ORGANIC MATTER FROM ORGANIC MATTER!!!!! That's why Eva's can regenerate limbs but not armor duh! Nobody is born with clothes on now are they? I know that I am write because I know Gainax wouldn't let something this big slip through their fingers. I admit that there are a lot of bloopers ie. the driver's side on Misato's car keeps changing along with the coulor, but this is not one of them. Such lack of faith in Gainax is a direct insult to them. You people are saying that they are stupid enought to make a blooper this big. All that I learned from this is that there are some stupid, stupid people watching Evangelion.

Nosiflop
EVA-Pilot
(4/21/00 2:48:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Pychologist vs bum
Not to be too tight, but I think that the 'I am always right' programming in your own head has been kicked into overdrive. I mean, come on. 'Flawless answer'?!? Geez, your theory on the plug suit is just that - a theory. You can't prove it right, at least not until somebody who is a proper authority on Eva, not a self confessed one watched Eva 1000 times, somebody probably involved with the production comes foward to say if its a blooper or whatever. I've watched Eva 1000 times, and I like to think I know a lot about it, but I know I'm nowhere near a proper authority.
As for the Pychologist vs bum - although that works out in theory, the fact is that you don't have the same skill level or understanding of Eva as Anno has. He made it, so I'd think he'd know what he's talking about. And if you were involved with the production, I'd be a lot more inclined to believe you too. But you weren't - you a just another normal viewer like us, and you have your own views and ideas about it.

And for non-organic and organic creation, have you watched the first episode? Now here's a blooper for you according to your 'theory'. When Unit 1 is kicking Sachiel's arse around tokyo3 and runs into the AT field, you see that Unit 1 regenerates its arm where the angel has induced so much stress and pressure on it that it kinda burns the armor and snaps the bone (?). Now, when the Eva regenerates the arm, it manages to regenerate that purplely bit, which . . well, look at that. Golly its part of the Eva's armor.

The fact is that Eva is made up of impossibilities and all the theories are up to interpretation. No one has an absolutely 'flawless answer' cos nobody has an absolutely 'flawless knowledge' about eva.

And about 10 messages ago, Eva2000 asked us not to insult other people. Looks like you're backtracking pretty fast. You've got no right to call other people stupid, just cos they don't agree with you.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/21/00 5:18:31 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Pychologist vs bum
boy is this thread long

everyone is entited to their opinions and please personal attacks on a person... i am in a happy mood today.. cause yesterday i picked up my new computer.. more updates and faster updates are to come...

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/21/00 6:30:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Pychologist vs bum
Come on give da cap a break, cause.....well....um...hes..da CAP!!!! Besides he was the only person from over 30 EVA MB to answer my questions, whether he was right or not is irrelevant, he provided answers to the best of his ability, he truelyt believes he can help MANY people at EVA, and that is true, that is something I would and COULD never do. First I get to frustrated when EVA's people who don't understand the basics of EVA try to argue a useless point, and I am only here to learn not to educate, so Da cap is a better man than me, so give him a break, everybody has a little cap in them.
Access

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/22/00 12:16:06 am)
Reply | Edit | Del The only bum around here is you Nosiflop
Okay buddy think you're smart eh? That Eva arm thing is for starters in the second episode. Not the first. And the Eva did not regenerate any Armor. The arm was crushed. that's it. All the Eva did was pop it's bone back into joint and flex the muscle. That popped the caved in armor back out. That Armor is durable stuff. And also, what purpley bit? That part of the Eva's arm that was crushed was black and green fool. You know the part that says on it Project E-Test-Heaven's perpetual Bliss. You don't know what the hell youre' talking about man. And don't go saying that I'm not an authority on it becuse I have answered more questions than anyone else. Even more than Anno. Me and Anno are kindred sprits man. I know what he's thinking and the whole message behind it. Also don't call Eva full of impossiblilities becuse it's not. It's the most realisitc robot anime that I've ever seen. If you belive in God like I do, then it isn't all that farfetched.

fasad
EVA-Pilot
(4/22/00 3:48:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: The only bum around here is you Nosiflop
oh dear...

Nosiflop
EVA-Pilot
(4/22/00 4:54:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Hey, sorry.
Hey, geez, sorry, didn't really mean to back you up all that much. i don't really want to be the one who starts a massive fight. It just pissed me off whenever somebody goes around calling other people names, cos then all that ever happens is a little petty fight, and then ---- all happens for the next 10 months. I've seen that happen soooo any damn times in clubs and boards it just irritates me whenever I see it beginning to happen, so I tried to stop it b4 anything happens and it all degenerates into petty squabling (of course, now all I've done is directed all the arguments and nasty name calling in my direction . . . (*sigh*))

Sorry if I sounded really harsh (which I kinda do, reading over it again), but the name calling thing just got me off on a roll. As for the Regenerating arm thingy, I was watching Eva Genesis 1,while doing some Calc, and it actually showns that the armor around the eva's forearm has been turned brown when the angel was holding it due to the pressure or stress (think like a chinese burn, only x100), and when Unit 1 ran into the AT field, you can see it reverting from the burnt browny bit back into Black (not purply) and green armor.

Now you can try and explain that to me, but from where I currently stand, that's the way I see it.
And, again, sorry for the harshness. After all you are da Cap.

Ciao

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/22/00 9:38:17 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hey, sorry.
Ah that's what i like to see mature dicussions

No one wants this board to turn into a slinging match of abusive words like elsewhere on the net (I especially)...

Capt Jake, maybe you should use the Part II thread or a new Part III thread ? this on is getting harder to read through now...

well back to the postings..

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/23/00 3:47:19 am)
Reply | Edit | Del I noticed no burn
don't worry about it. Also I didn't really notice any brown on there. Maybe if you lean in and squint there is some but I don't know. I don't recall seeing any brown on it's arm at that time. It could of been a couloring error or something like that. it didn't generate any new armor that's for sure. It just popped the bone back into joint, flexed the muscle which pushed out the caved in armor. Does anyone else out there see any brown in that scene? becuase I didn't.

fasad
EVA-Pilot
(4/23/00 4:22:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: I noticed no burn

when the arm regenerates, the armor definately re-appears, including the part to the bottom which is clearly not part of the organic arm.
the broken part appears as a grey/brown colour, as seen when its entire arm regrows (ep22?), before it regenerates.

watch it again jake.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/23/00 10:52:43 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: I noticed no burn
dats Captain Jake to you! lol
Access

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(4/26/00 3:40:29 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del I'll form the arm.......And I'll form...the Head
You have missed my point Cap,
When I asked What are the Angels you said:

First of all the angels are actual Angels sent by God to test humanity, their coming was prophesized in the Dead Sea Scrolls. They were sent to test humanity to see if we were worthy reach the final stage in Evolution. To earn our way back into heaven so to speak. They do this by trying to merge with Adam for if they do Humanity will perish. If one touches Lilith we will evolve 100% free of Red tape. IF we are to initiate the impact ourselves all 17 angels must be defeated.

It never says this anywhere in the series. I do not believe Anno or Gainax have said such a thing either. Sure it sounds good it seems to fit with hints and implications in the series but that don't mean it's right. This is a plausible answer however and one I find believable but that don't make it right. This is what is called an 'interpretation'. Yuo believe to have yourself a consistant interpretation for the whole series and movies; quite an achievement but that don't mean it's right.

By the way, if you claim to know everything about something you have got to expect people questioning your supreme knowledge. But don't let anyone deter you from answering questions, you have a very good knowledge base of Eva and one day you may get promoted to Major. In which case you can have a party with Shinji, Touji etc but don't count on Asuka to invite Rei.

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/27/00 9:36:56 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Your point being?
Yes I know that it never says that they are actual Angels but do you have any plausable other possibilities as to what they could be? My so called interpretation has more to back it up than anything that anyone else has come up with. You see, Eva is about interpretation. If all of the answers were just plain sitting there guys' like me and Access would be out of a job.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/27/00 10:22:54 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Your point being?

Quote:
If all of the answers were just plain sitting there guys' like me and Access would be out of a job.

ssssssshhh keep it down Capt, no one needs to know I employed you and Access j/k

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(4/28/00 4:56:21 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Interpret this.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Fasad is right. The metal definately regenerates. (inconsistency? nup just vagueries)

Since you are reasonable to agree that Eva is up to interpretation Captain Difinitive and self proclaimed genius, (lots of it), here's mine,
and you may find this contraversial ,( I've never heard anyone else admit this b4): The story is insoluble. That's it. The story does not contradict itself but no amount of explaining can straighten out the tangled web. Anno said he didn't know where the show was going. He made it up as he went. But that don't mean I don't love it. With a story so complex how can you tie up the billions of loose ends? You can't. All answers are vague at best. I put it to you that Anno doesnt ask himself "who was the 2nd Angel?" because he doesn't know himself. There are no Answers and there are many answers.
Why did unit zero go bezerk? I can think of a gillion. Which is right? Are they all in part right? I now take questions the plot raises as I do the question Why does Shinji pilot Eva? Gillions of answers. 'There are as many truths as there are people' Ritsko or someone last ep.

Well you can see I've given up on the definate in Eva but I still love to learn new theories ,background, allusions, references etc that add to explain and enrich the plot and damn if it is'nt rich enough already. But they never tell me the once and for all answers to questions such as Access has posed.
So there are many interpretations. If you agree to this then you can only give theories weighting. You can say one is better than another if there is more evidense to say so but you can't say one is the ultimate.

Who am I anyway? Gillions of answers.

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(4/28/00 4:56:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Interpret this.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that Fasad is right. The metal definately regenerates. (inconsistency? nup just vagueries)

Since you are reasonable to agree that Eva is up to interpretation Captain Difinitive and self proclaimed genius, (lots of it), here's mine,
and you may find this contraversial ,( I've never heard anyone else admit this b4): The story is insoluble. That's it. The story does not contradict itself but no amount of explaining can straighten out the tangled web. Anno said he didn't know where the show was going. He made it up as he went. But that don't mean I don't love it. With a story so complex how can you tie up the billions of loose ends? You can't. All answers are vague at best. I put it to you that Anno doesnt ask himself "who was the 2nd Angel?" because he doesn't know himself. There are no Answers and there are many answers.
Why did unit zero go bezerk? I can think of a gillion. Which is right? Are they all in part right? I now take questions the plot raises as I do the question Why does Shinji pilot Eva? Gillions of answers. 'There are as many truths as there are people' Ritsko or someone last ep.

Well you can see I've given up on the definate in Eva but I still love to learn new theories ,background, allusions, references etc that add to explain and enrich the plot and damn if it is'nt rich enough already. But they never tell me the once and for all answers to questions such as Access has posed.
So there are many interpretations. If you agree to this then you can only give theories weighting. You can say one is better than another if there is more evidense to say so but you can't say one is the ultimate.

Who am I anyway? Gillions of answers.

Sorry eva2000 but I want 6 pages in this thread.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/28/00 9:31:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
I sort of agree and disagree
No many answers cannot be answered because they are up to interpretation. If an absolute descion cannot be made in an arguement I like to have all the facts down on the page and we can all walk away well infromed makind our own minds up.

But saying that their is know answer. If you watch EoE one can see a very ritual type of sequcnes put together they are very complex and detailed. I think Anno would know almost everything he put into EVA, to him I think he has no loose threads. But the problem is hes the only one who knows the answers. So thats why so much discussions occurs about EVA, and thats why we all like it. I belive we can discuss answers and solutions, but to say their isn't any is something I strongly diaagree.

Sorry cap to move in on your thread. Also sorry man my connection failed I didn't mean to drop out in mid sentece over ICQ. Sorry.
Access

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(4/28/00 10:47:32 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Interpret this.
The Nondescript

That last post of yours sums up so much so well.

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/29/00 6:46:23 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Questions and comments on questions only please
Hey Nondescript. I don't know how you write stories but whenever I write a story I make it up as I go along as well. What you do is as you go along and make up new things you look back on what you have written and tie it in to what you are writing. Yes I know I seem to come across as a know it all and I am very opinionated. My stlyle of writing seems to be telling you how to belive but it is not meant like that. I am giving my opinions and I happen to know a helluva lot about Eva so perhaps my opinions can clear up some thing's that people are unclear on. I myself am getting sick of Access's gathering of so called proof and telling you this is how it is. My opinion is an opinion, perhaps more educated than some but it is by no means written in the stone. I mean how I answer questions is based on logic. For some reason people don't just think about it. I think about something and my brain figures it out so it makes sense. Anybody can do what I do if they just think about it. Look at Access's first appearance on my thread. He asked a slew of questions which I answered spontaniously and in my opinion weren't half bad. Really, I just looked at them and the answers came to me. It's just that easy. I admit that I'm not right 100% of the time. Look at that Misato shooting Kaji thing. Untill Acces brought to my attention that certain scenes in the English versions were interpreted wrong by the translators and stuff I realized that maybe it wasn't her. See Access, you can sleep well at night now. But I still have helped many people out by clearing stuff up. I'm not here to start any wars so please people don't go being rude. I am just here to help. I know that at times I have been known to explode at certain things which sound like challenges to my intelligence or knowlege. If you have questions I'll answer them but don't go around posting stuff like "you certainly slip up a lot" escpecially when you dont' take the time to fully comprehend what I was saying. You know who you are and I'm just saying to anyone out there like 3foolishmen, I don't have anything against you so get off my back already! 3foolishmen, Nondescrpt and anyone else that has a probelm with me, I'm willing to bury the hatchet if you are.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/29/00 4:55:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Questions and comments on questions only please
Fine. Ill leave... I came to learn, I mainly came because of the Cap, he was the only one of many people to answer my questions. But as I have seen, my apperance in this board just causes agrivation upon other memebers. It is Upon Us has created more battles among members and myself. The board functioned better without me. So good luck Cap, and other Board Members, this shall be my last post in this board. Seeya.
Access

Tin Tin
(5/4/00 1:04:23 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Captain Jake RE: ep 25 & 26
(note: I'm going past the storyline here, and into the real meaning)

Episode 25 was originally meant to be like EoE, but wasn't die to various problems. That is why the death scenes etc are in there. Episode 25 is about the characters and how they feel. All of the Angels were gone, so the Eva's were no longer needed. This made the pilots feel rejected, as they felt that the Eva's were the only things that made them special and useful. During ep. 25, they are trying to come to terms with this. As for ep. 26, it is about Shinji continuing on with this and he finally realises that he is a valued human being, and he doesn't need Eva anymore to identify and make himself heard.

In order to fully explore EVA, one must realize that literally everything in the series is a metaphor for something else. In truth, this is not really a story about EVAs or Angels, about religion or science, or even the survival of humanity; not in the literal sense anyway. Nothing so simplistic as these. It is a living illustration of Hideaki Anno's mind and soul, and of the private pain that each and every human being feels. He used each of the story's characters in an attempt to communicate these things to anyone who would/could see them, in a variety of ways.

What Evangelion is really about, is a boy who has convinced himself that the world doesn't want him, so he shuts out other people and hides in a closed world within his mind. It's about a woman who is so desperate for love and fulfillment that she pretends to like everyone, but really isn't close to anyone at all. About a girl who believes she is completely expendable and utterly without value, and another girl who believes that the world has rejected her, so instead she rejects it as loudly as she can, to protect herself. And it's also about an obsessed man who pushes his personal agenda, at the expense of everyone around him. All of them are unbearably lonely, but none of them are capable of reaching out to other people.

Oh, and incidentally, you sound very conceited.

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(5/4/00 6:48:18 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Thank you for beating a dead horse!
Thank you for you opinon on Eva but you can't deny the fact that the Eva movies weren't just made due to outcry's from the fans. They were setting up for them as early as ep.7 when Gendo and that other guy on the plane were talking about the construction plans for the Eva series and later on there is more talk about mass producing Eva's. Anno might not of had an idea how it was going to end at that point but he wasn't the only one in charge of the story. There was also everyone at Gainax. Notice how in the opening credits it says planning is by Gainax, and not just Anno. I respect your opinon and it was mostly what I have been feeling all along. But I said before in previous posts
maybe that deserves it's own thread cuz it don't belong here. From the sounds of it you posted that there to try and show that you are an Eva guru. And what's up with this concieted ----? I know that people think that I'm concieted and I don't give a rat's ass. What was the point of posting that last part huh? Was it really necessary? Do you think that I could give a lama's ass what some guy I have never heard of thinks about me? You obviously aren't the type that is here to make friends. That's not a way to make a good first impression to one of the board's main members. I may of misinterpreted that but I hope that it wasn't a challenge or anything. Don't go talking about others like that just cuz you think you're smarter than someone else by telling them stuff they already know.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(5/4/00 3:02:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re:
Welcome Tin Tin to my message board,

please feel free to participate in discussions etc. There's is really one rule for this board and that's no personal abuse or attacks please.

Everyone has their own opinions (as you can see) and we should respect these opinions (opinions on evangelion of course )

And Capt congratulations on the largest thread of the forum

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/4/00 7:28:00 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Hi
Tin Tin I expect your the same person as the TinTin at EVACorp.

I thought some of the advantages of this page would be better to put here.
1) Can edit your messages.
2) Have more freedom with use of HTML graphics and sounds and stuff can be added to messages here.
3) Webmaster has control so if someone gets out of control can ban that person, by elminating their membership.
4) Can include details about yourself in your personal at this board, email address' can be withheld to the public, with still emails sent to your address warning you of new messages after your reply.
5) The logical order of the messages.
6) If a very useful discsssion had taken place, it is easier to achieve the text without having to go to other pages to get another part of the discussion.

These are just a few, but as I said at EVACorp, I like them both.
Access

Edited by Access at: 5/4/00 7:28:00 pm

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(5/4/00 9:30:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hi
You can add one other thing regarding this message board...

So far i have never banned any member yet ! Not one single member has gotten out of line to the point of banning....(apart the email bombing of Access that is - wait until i find out who it is )

Discussion has been at a level of maturity that amazes me (beside the little tiffs which are bound to occur as members find their footing on this board - you know test the (my) limits of what you can and can't do on the message board etc )

btw, for everyone reading I am getting closer to setting up the free web hosting service for eva sites now... also i may have some new suprise announcement for evangelion fans (it's something that came up out of the blue this morning - i got an email from someone/company which could very well propel eva2000.com further into the spotlight in the online eva community - it sure pays not to have any copyright infringing stuff does it )

That last part maybe Access and Yuusuke know what i am talking about if you think back to the thread in the Eva movie forum

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(5/4/00 10:42:14 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Captain Jake RE: ep 25 & 26
Very well put Tin Tin, you have what seems to be a very clear way of expressing what i think most people can see in the characters.

ATh

Access
NERV-Technician
(5/5/00 5:32:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Heh heh
Yeah well..... Is still see nothing wrong with it..... I dont think it would sacrifice ANYTHING, but it's your site.... heh heh heh
Access

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(5/6/00 11:53:57 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
back again
I think Tin Tin summed it up quite well actually.

I've just been AWOL for the last week(ish) so please forgive me ::hangs head in shame::
do you know how long it takes to get through a weeks worth of back-posts? jeez...

now about Eva2000's little secret.
it involves either the Eva series or movies release considering this post.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that would be correct given that Advfilms Volume 1 DVD is only being
released in the US on May 23, 2000. That means the other 6 Volumes would
come after May and lead into summer...

So to have all 7 Volumes it would definitely occur during summer...

Of course I may have something special for us Aussies... have to see how it
pans out
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the message from a company would probably be from Madman considering that they have a link to here on their site, and i seem to recall a person or two from Madman floating around the MB.......

so how warm am i getting Eva2000

oh well thats all............no..........mustn't........dammit

Don't go talking about others like that just cuz you think you're smarter than someone else by telling them stuff they already know.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
::cough cough::
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

Edited by Pen2 at: 5/6/00 11:53:57 am

The Nondescript
EVA-Pilot
(5/7/00 6:36:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del De Ja Vu?
Captain Ginyu has a point though. The last paragraph of TinTin's speil sounds very familiar.
If not from Anno's bit he wrote on 'a cloudy rainy day' then from somewhere else.

I'm sure it is paraphrasing from somewheres.

Isn't this the Cap's section btw? Oh well...