Old 08-09-2004, 02:10 PM   #16   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
~~~~ Somewhere* ~~~~

“He has,” Fangolas spoke, “a point. It is difficult for you to maneuver in these narrow streets, although I’m not sure we’re much safer on the ground,” the nomad added as he eyed the debris that the melef had knocked down. “Perhaps it would be best you found a place near the market for Escaflowne…” There was a pause as Fang got used to actually saying the legendary melef’s name. It was legend no more. It was here before him, and that took some getting used to.

Distant thunder grew louder. The dark clouds that covered the sky lit up in a flash of lightening, and the rain began to fall heavier, forming puddles in the cracks and potholes of the ruined cobblestones. It’d be more difficult to hold on to the melef now, and Fangolas said as much. For him it wouldn’t be too difficult, but Dream he doubted could keep her balance on the slippery metal, but maybe there was room inside the cockpit…

“You’ll have to point out the way to that building you spotted,” he called up to Idein. “It’s difficult to navigate this place.”

((OCC: Oooover the rainbow… ))

~~~~ Mataro ~~~~

“Been looking…” E’rth began then paused to correct himself. Chigusa wasn’t the only one trying to get the child to speak “proper”; the wolfwoman too believed E’rth could benefit. “E’rth has been looking,” he continued, still stuck in third person, “for Risa Ma’am. “Checked… E’rth checked everywhere but couldn’t find. Maybe she ran errand and forgot to tell E’rth?” Although he knew Risa couldn’t take him everywhere she went, it didn’t lesson the fact that E’rth hated being left behind and alone.

E’rth chewed on his bottom lip then took her hand in his as they walked down the street. “Chigusa Ma’am… can tell another story about the Mystic Moon?” To him her home was a wonderful place, where cities lit up at night like constellations spread across the ground, people traveled in metal machines that covered vast distances in minutes or flew through the air and across oceans. Surely it was a place to complete with the grandure of the ancient cities of the Dragonians.

- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
- Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.

Last edited by Kayay; 08-09-2004 at 02:12 PM.
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:35 PM   #17   [permalink]
Megumi H
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Megumi H Send a message via AIM to Megumi H
Light waterdrops fell across the Earth girl's nose as she looked up at the overcast sky. Here she was again, away from home, away from everything she had grown to know. Ever since the night of the strange moon, which she now knew to have been the world upon which she now stood, things had been happening faster than she had time to think much about. Most of these things she didn't understand; most of her memories she'd had no time to sort out.

In the short month before, she'd met one who could answer some of the questions she'd had. One who, like herself, had seen dark revelations of the lives of others, and had been carried away to the distant world where dragons roamed the wastelands and wars were fought with giant champions. One who, like herself, had seen much blood.

Blood. It had been a recurring theme ever since the day she had first left Earth. It had been there in the midst of the pale blue light; it had been there in her first vision; it had been there in Fanelia's great tribulation. It had been there when Idein revived Fanelia's savior. Why was it blood?

Dream kept close to Fangolas, nearly treading on his heels as she glanced up at the darkening sky and Idein in the great white guymelef clearing a path before them. The white-haired man looked just as confused as she felt, but seemed better skilled in keeping his feelings in check.

Feelings... Dream's face flushed as she hurried toward the spot where the white giant and its director stood. Unfamiliar feelings were one of the reasons she'd come back to Gaea. After meeting someone who seemed to understand what was happening to her, she'd encountered something new, something involving this young man with the crimson eyes.

The girl hastily stuffed these thoughts into a trunk in the attic of her mind and put a hand up against the white giant's kneeling joint, just as Findel sourly marched around it. To tell the truth, Dream was rather intimidated by the guymelef, but it seemed a better option (at least to herself) than trudging the wet earth.

"Fang...Fangolas!" she called tremulously as thunder rolled and echoed. "Could you.. give me a hand, please?"

((OOC: I think that's it for me for the moment... thank you all for your patience.))

Last edited by Megumi H; 11-09-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Megumi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 07:28 PM   #18   [permalink]
Princess Samari
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Princess Samari
"Well..." Chigusa stopped for a moment trying to decide what she would use next to awe the young boy. She had told him about cars, the bullet train, electricty and grocery stores. Chigusa had talked for a good time about her school's drama department and how she was the star back home. Chigusa had even told E'rth about the trip to Paris she hoped to take once she returned to Earth.

"On Earth we have a things called computers and the internet. It is much like the tv and the telephone. Only through the computer and the internet you can view information from anywhere in the world..." Of course she wasn't as well versed with a computer as she was with a cellphone. Chigusa couldn't even program her vcr.

"Childern your age even use them." They continued on down the road as Chigusa talked all the mean time looking around for Risa or perhaps some place where they could to get a bite to eat.

Some place that wasn't the Vagabond.
Old 14-09-2004, 04:39 AM   #19   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

~~~~~Somewhere~~~~~

Too many of the buildings were missing roofs or walls and seemed poor refuge from the foul weather. Fangolas didn’t care for this cold and wet climate, and was thus grateful when Idein spotted promising shelter, but then Dream called his name.

“A hand?” He eyed the kneeling metal giant then dream. “Are you certain?” Fang approached Escaflowne, held out his hand to the girl from the Mystic Moon to helped her climb up, a chill wind whipping its way through the man made canyon of buildings and streets chafed the skin and made their clothes billow out. “Be careful,” he cautioned as Dream stepped up.

~~~~~Mataro~~~~~

E’rth grew silent and digested this bit of new information. Television and telephones. Those boxes that showed pictures from a cross the world, like the puppet shows he’d glimpsed from time to time put on by street performers, and the devices that let people talk to each other across vast distances had seemed magical enough, but now he learned there was also something that combined them both. It sounded too amazing to be true, although, unknown to him and to most Gaeans, there was technology that was startlingly similar to some of Earth, most developed by Zaibach and Basram. But the average farmer or shopkeeper knew little of this.

In fact, had he been an adult he probably would have laughed and told Chigusa, “Yes, yes, I’m sure,” in a very condescending manner. But he wasn’t an adult, and he strongly believed that the two most important people in his life never lied, yet… even if they might, it would be for a very very good reason, one he probably wouldn’t understand because he was, after all, just a child. Moreover, E’rth had a secret suspicion that Chigusa was some sort of royalty on her home world. But never did the child voice this belief, because he also believed that it was meant to be a secret, much like the half remembered stories his parents use to tell him long ago of the prince or princess in exile, hiding from the bad guys to one day reclaim their throne.

“Enter-net,” E’rth repeated the word. I was so hard to picture all the wonderful things she told him, and he chewed on his bottom lip in frustration. “Chigusa Ma’am,” he asked hesitantly yet hopefully, “will E’rth one day see all this?”

- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Old 14-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #20   [permalink]
Princess Samari
Forum Addicted

"I don't know if Risa would appriciate me snatching you away to earth." Chigusa lightly frowned wondering what her father would think if she brought E'rth home with her. The old man was rushing headlong into senilty and perhaps he would think E'rth was her new pet or a really hairy classmate. She was genuinly fond of E'rth, he was much like the little brother Chigusa had never known she wanted. Of everything on the rock of a planet she has been dumped onto Chigusa knew she would miss E'rth once she returned home. If she were to take him with would she be able to keep E'rth a secret? Perhaps she could shave the boy and hide his tail...

Probably not.

Also, it had been ages since she had landed on Gaea. The longer she stayed away the more Chigusa wondered if *she* would ever see all that had been left behind. Was this some kind of divine punishment for her treatment of others over the years? She couldn't have possibly been that bad. Then again the same question had been mulled over in her mind since arriving "Why me, what did I possibly do to deserve this?" Why had she been thrust onto such a war torn little planet? It wasn't like she was doing anyone any good by staying there.
Old 22-09-2004, 02:25 PM   #21   [permalink]
Megumi H
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Megumi H Send a message via AIM to Megumi H
It felt strange, climbing the white giant's form. The rain made the metal quite slippery, and Dream cried out when the wind threatened to scrape her off the guymelef's side. She kept climbing, as well as she could, and her determination brought her to Escaflowne's shoulder soon enough. She sat in the most secure spot she could find, waving at Idein first, then with a weak smile down at Fangolas. Ready to ride.

Thunder shook the earth as lightning raked the sky, startling the Earth girl so badly she tumbled headfirst into the cockpit in a mess of feet and skirts and... cotton and lace.

She had no time for embarrassment, for another tremendous roar accompanied a flash of light seemingly just overhead, and she clung to the nearest thing she could find comfort in. That thing, however, happened to be a person; that person was Idein Dalaramis.
Old 22-09-2004, 11:24 PM   #22   [permalink]
Ekaterini
Forum Junkie

bit of a joint post with Megumi

Idein remained silent as Findel marched past the guymelef. He didn't blame the Basramian for feeling annoyed; it was inevitable that irritation would somehow follow such situations, and with so many questions hanging unanswered.

“He has a point," said Fangolas. "It is difficult for you to maneuver in these narrow streets, although I’m not sure we’re much safer on the ground.. Perhaps it would be best if you found a place near the market for Escaflowne.”

Idein felt his face grow hot behind Escaflowne's visor, and he reminded himself once more to quickly make his body "memorize" his extended proportions when using the melef.

However, Dream apparently preferred a ride, and she clambered up the wet, white armor with a helping hand from Fangolas. Idein, slightly surprised at her decision even after the rain began to fall harder and slickened the metal, held Escaflowne still. As she pulled herself up the shoulder, Idein opened the hatch, slipped himself from the inner servo suit, and aided her the last bit of the way. Dream waved once she had situated herself.

Idein was just fitting himself into the servo suit when, BOOM, jagged lightning rent the gray sky with a terrific burst of sound, and a soggy mass of skirts dropped into the open cockpit almost on top of him. It was Dream. Another crash of thunder sent her flinging her arms around his middle.

Overcoming his surprise and quickly pulling his arms yet again from the servo sleeves, Idein asked the girl, "Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself? Are you sure?" He gently pulled her away from him so he could take a better look at her with one hand and unlatched the servo suit restraining him with the other hand.

"I-I'm all right!" the girl stammered, quite flustered. "I'm sorry, I just.. i-it.. the lightning... and the thunder... I was just a little frightened." Dream let go of Idein and turned her face, trying to stop shaking.

"If you're sure," Idein said, and he glanced back up at the guymelef's shoulder before looking at her again. "You'd better stay in here though if you want to ride. There's...well there's *some* room." He peered into a corner of the cockpit a little doubtfully. "At least you won't fall again. Here.." Idein helped Dream fit herself into the cockpit's side, then stepped back--carefully, so as not to bump her--into the servo suit once more. The space was now was a close fit, and he wouldn't be able to use his right arm or he'd whallop his companion, but it would do for the short trip to the shelter.

Calling down to Fangolas that everything was okay and letting the nomad climb into Dream's former position on Escaflowne's shoulder, Idein headed down the ruined street. With each step of his right leg, he brushed against Dream's legs. "Sorry.." he mumbled and averted his gaze out the visor.
Ekaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:43 PM   #23   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

~~~~~Somewhere~~~~~

Fangolas hurried his steps and picked his way around chunks of stone and mortar and the splintered timbers from fallen buildings. Presently they came upon a district where shattered walls still raised their crumbling tops in sad silence above the tumbled sepulchers of their fallen fellows, their faces scarred with the rents and gashes of some battle.

The area looked like it was once home to a prosperous marketplace, and appeared to be the place Idein was talking about. He wasn’t sure where Findel was; most likely the samurai was nearby, so Fang took it upon himself to investigate.

~~~~~Mataro~~~~~

The troops shifted uneasily. A challenge had been made to her authority, yet Gywndolin stood silent, and a murmur ran through the ranks. Soon rumor, fed by the whispers of those who already questioned her position, would spread from the rank and file like wildfire and eventually reach the ears of those in charge. Thus what the Knight of Caeli did now was key. Her reaction would affect her standing in the men’s eyes. Some damage was already done, but could she be squash this noxious weed before it grew out of control?

Last edited by Kayay; 01-10-2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:04 PM   #24   [permalink]
Hitomi_333
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Hitomi_333
*Gwyndolin looked scornfully upon her whispering troops. They were little better than the gossipping women of the town. She greatly wished to silence them, but knew that yelling at the troops would do little good when she had a rebel in front of her exciting them all.

"Very well then, soldier. It seems that you desire someone to put you in your place. I promised that I would shame you in front of all these, and I do not make promises without intending to follow through. Prepare yourself-- I don't intend for this to last long, my men have become like hens in the market because of your distraction!" her voice rang strongly above the crowd, every word even and deliberate. She was confident in her ability to end this rebellion, but she had to be. Soldiers of Asturia would not follow a weak woman.*

Last edited by Hitomi_333; 02-10-2004 at 02:09 PM.
Hitomi_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:52 PM   #25   [permalink]
Hitomi_333
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Hitomi_333
~~Joint post with Eydt~~

*Elisan smiled. "She underestimates me." he thought silently. "Excellent." He replied. "Well then, shall we begin?" Elisan charged at her his sword trailing along behind him at his side slicing a thin line in the ground as he ran. When he was within range he slashed upward on an angle at the female knight.

Gwyn stood still in her blocking stance, watching as he prepared to charge. He moved quickly, but steel met steel as she caught his blade with hers. There was force in his attack, but she’d expected this. She pushed his sword away and swung back swiftly, the movement being directed by the elbow, knowing that a stronger attack from the shoulder would be slower.

Elisan wasn't suprised that his attack was blocked, but he was suprised at the ease with which she knocked his sword away and followed up with an attack to his side. Instead of breaking his momentum, he decided to go with the direction she had knocked his sword knowing that reversing would be much too slow. Spinning on his heel he allowed his sword to guide him in a complete circle. His sword locked with hers as he swung back around facing her. Quickly he placed his free hand on the blade of his sword and pushed with all his weight, hoping to knock her off balance.

The force with which he met Gwyn’s sword was even greater this time, more than she’d expected. Being a small woman was definitely a disadvantage in swordplay. The force had in fact surprised her and in response she made a couple small, fumbling steps backwards before leaping backwards to catch her balance. With the extra distance that she’d gained, she lunged forward with her sword. She knew that at some point a lunge too deep would prevent movement to block his counter-attack, but she felt that she still had room with which to block if she stayed on her toes.

Elisan was disappointed that she had not fallen from his last attempt, but atleast he managed to knock her off balance. Unfortunately for him, she had recovered faster than he had expected and had begun to lunge at him. Instead of backing away, Elisan took a step forward toward her. The closer he was to her, the less time she'd have to react. As her sword came nearer to him he met hers with his in an attempt to parry. He succesfully deflected her blade to his right side. Without missing a step, as if he had practiced and perfected this move many times, he spun around to his right bringing his sword around at her from behind her in a wide arc in an attempt at a backhand slash.

How many battles had Gwyndolin fought in over the years? It got to the point where you could sense what was happening without seeing it. That is if you understand your opponent. Gwyn couldn’t expect to understand Elisan, but she did understand the skill at which he blocked her lunge. As the sword came at her from behind, she ducked. Her hand planted into the warm earth while the other held her sword. When she felt the sword pass overhead she drew her sword up, using the length of her arm. Her sword met his and it flew up and out of his hand, catching him unaware at the end of his attack.

Elisan swore under his breath. Had she seen his attack coming before he even commited to it? His sword flew upwards and outwards from his hand, landing to Elisan's dismay on the roof of a small shack near where they were fighting. Elisan had to move quickly, he had to get out of range of her attacks before she could follow up. He dashed forward towards the group of soldiers hoping one of them would toss him a weapon, but none of them did. He turned back to face Gwyn, a look of disatisfaction on his face.

She smiled. It was over, and she had shown her men that she was still the head honcho. Gwyn stood up, lowering her weapon, with no need to guard herself against an unarmed man. “It appears that you’ve lost your sword. Quietly accept that you’ve been defeated, and go about the potato peeling that you’ve already been assigned to, so that I may continue to train my men as I please.” After her show today, she doubted that she’d have any more arguments among the same group of men.

"Lost?" Elisan scoffed. "I haven't lost yet. No, not yet indeed. Infact we've hardly just begun." Elisan said defiantly. Calmly he took a step toward her. "To call off a battle such as this just as it's getting interesting would be a waste." Elisan's boots dug deep into the earth as he launched himself toward her seemingly ready to continue this fight even without his sword.

Gwyndolin had not expected this to be his answer. Usually when you lose your sword it’s over. No one had needed to die today over this battle of pride. However, when he charged and flew at her in attack, she did what anyone with a sword in their hand would naturally do. She held her sword out at the attacking man. It was not that she wished to kill him, but rather that if it’s what he’s chosen she should allow him the honor of ending it in this way.

Elisan continued to charge at her. In defense she had raised her sword pointing at him, yet still he continued to charge. Once he was within a few feet of her sword he brought both hands forward and clanked his two forearm gauntlets against each other, activating their hidden mechanisms. Instantly the two hidden katar blades slid from their compartments in the gauntlets and locked into place. With the blade attached to his left forearm he swiftly knocked her blade to his side, and with his right he lunged towards her.*

~~~TO BE CONTINUED~~~
Hitomi_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:58 PM   #26   [permalink]
Eydtman
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Eydtman Send a message via MSN to Eydtman
Part two of Joint Post with Hitomi333

This Gwyndolin had not expected. Elisan was supposed to be unarmed, but here he had dual blades from his gauntlets. It was only with luck, and perhaps her agility due to her small size, that allowed her to roll to her right and away from his attack, landing squarely on her shoulder. "Ugh," she involuntarily groaned, landing hard on the earth, dust blowing up from where she landed. Gwyn hurriedly scampered to her feet, knowing the weakness of remaining on the ground. "Foul play! You've lost your sword, the duel is over!" This was not proper procedure! Not that she thought of it, it made sense that he'd be so ignoble, but she would have never thought him to stoop to this.

"I may have lost my sword, but I was never fully disarmed. You should expect the enemy to have more than one weapon at his disposal. Any less would be considered careless." Elisan replied as he turned and charged at her again hoping to land an attack before she had fully recovered from the suprise attack. Again he lunged at her with his right blade.

Gwyn jumped to her feet and just out of the way as he attacked with his right blade, which squarely hit the ground as she managed to scamper out of the way. She then kicked him squarely in the ribs with her boot, hoping to knock him off balance and she stood above him, her sword in her hand ready to attack. "A sure knight would have no use for secondary weapons. It is reckless to lose your sword in battle," she boldly replied.

Elisan rolled to his side from the blow. His ribs stung with pain at every breath he drew, but he had recieved many a worse blow before. Elisan looked up at her. "Which is truly more reckless? To lose one's weapon in battle, or two not have another just incase?" It didn't take long for Elisan to recover and he was back on his feet charging at her again, again attacking with his right blade. Gwyn rasied her weapon in defence and blocked the attack easily, however this was what Elisan had wanted. Not missing a step Elisan reached out with his free hand grabbed her sword arm by the wrist. He jerked her towards him, pulling her off balance. He took one step to her side and then swung around behind her. He hooked his one arm under her armpit and held her tight against him. His other arm wrapped up around her shoulder, the blade attached to it resting against her neck. "I suggest you drop that lovely weapon of yours."

Gwyn let out a feral growl. It was bad enough that he would speak down at in such a manner, but for him to hold her against him like that… the pig. 'He's enjoying this, I just know it,' she thought angrily. Words couldn't express how much she hated him at this moment-it was absolutely unbearable. She looked up at him, her eyes practically glowing with hatred and she dropped the sword. However, she didn't do it in obedience. Nay, she dropped her sword directly on his foot. While he was distracted she elbowed him in the ribs with all of her strength.

Elisan was caught off guard. He hadn't even realized his foot was sticking out as much as it was. A careless mistake, and this one cost him dearly. While he was temporarily distracted by the pain in his foot, his captive chose to make a move. He could swear he heard a crack as her elbow connected full force with the ribs she had kicked earlier. Elisan felt his grip on her begin to slip and he fell backwards to the ground, a small puddle growing on the ground from the blood he was coughing up.

Now that her opponent was on the ground incapacitated, Gwyndolin picked up her sword. Finally she got the better of him. Once it was pointed at him she began to speak again. "Do you accept, or do I have to end you here and now?" The crowd fell silent, seeming unmoving as a breeze blew through them. It was as if they all held their breath for that long moment.

Elisan looked up at her. Rage and anger burned in his eyes. However he knew that he couldnt continue in the state he was in. He glanced over at the troops. He could tell that just from looking at them that he had convinced atleast a few of them that what he was telling them was right. Hopefully it will have been enough of them. He looked back at Gwyn, his face now relaxed, the anger seemingly gone from his eyes though it was merely just hidden deep inside of him. He sighed loudly. "I accept." He said cooly. "However, as written in the terms of my contract, and you can check with your superiors on this, I am only subject to your command on the battlefield. So if you really want those potatoes peeled I suggest you do it yourself. As for me, I'll be 'around'."

Elisan stood up slowly. His chest burned from his injuries. "Call me if you need me, but until then...", Elisan bowed, "I'll take my leave." He began to head back into the town but he paused for a moment as he passed her and spoke quietly. "By the way, I find it amazing that someone who spends as much time as you on the battlefield still manages to make her hair smell so sweet. I enjoyed it thuroughly." He allowed the words to sink in for a second before he began heading back into the town. Once he was out of sight he leaned up against the nearest wall he could find. He coughed twice. A thin line of blood escaped his lips, however, despite his pain he was smiling, a devious grin. He knew his parting words would bother her. Despite being true, it was the only reason why he mentioned it. In a way, he got the last laugh.

Gwyn stood on the field, proud of having won as she said she would, though she was still upset. It was more difficult than it should have been. And that cocky bastard… "Alright, get back to practicing! And let this be a lesson to you! If anyone tries to pull a stunt like that, I won't be as merciful as I was this time!" She paused, but then the anger rose again as the soldiers slowly shuffled back to their places on the field. "SHIFT IT!"
Old 05-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #27   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

~~~~Mataro~~~~

A smattering of murmurs went through the men again. Some grumbled and frowned, some nodded in approval, while others reluctant in their admiration. A few hid snickers behind feigned coughs or clearing of their throats, although it wasn’t certain which reactions were directed at Gwyndolin and which at Elisan. The pair would have to pay close attention to camp gossip to find out.

Less than a mile away a small company of armed men on horseback approached Mataro. As they neared the village, the watchman spotted the banner the front rider carried, and he sent out a scout to intercept. They didn’t look hostile, and they carried the flag of their allies, but it could be a trick.

Minutes later, however, the scout returned with a brown haired man riding beside him. As they entered camp, the two passed near the practice ground, and several men paused in their exercises to watch. The stranger was in his late twenties with blue black eyes and a day old beard upon his face; his garb marked him as a mercenary, although parts of his dusty armor were Freidian in origin.

“Sir, what did you say your name was?” the escort asked as they passed.

“Dharr Khalil, and I’ve brought news from Palas.”

Old 19-10-2004, 01:22 AM   #28   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Findel kneeled down, ruffling his hands through a damp mop of hair. His head hurt already, and he had the sniffles. The mixture of utter confusion regarding the groups location and the inevitability of Ideins allignment with Escaflowne was making the samurai sore. He huddled underneath the ruined buildings leaning walls, trying not to be so bitter. It wasn't very successful. Fangolas' heavy footsteps could be heard crunching through the thick ash- draping the former cities earth like some portent blanket of bleakness. Findel also noticed the distinct lack of any other approaching feet. Dream was with Idein, probably fawning over the new savior of Gaia. Findel stopped there, slowly standing upright. He was getting ahead of himself.

"This should be fine."

The samurai blurted out suddenly, alerting Fangolas to his whereabouts. He shivered slightly in the cold. The surroundings were as grey and beat up as anywhere else within a miles radius. In truth, the difference between a sheltered area and an unsheltered one was not that great. Either way, your lungs would be filled with ash, and you would remain freezing in the cold.

"Now, we need to just..."

Findel paused abruptly, as if he had suddenly realized the sky was falling. Fang looked forward at the samurai; now rushed into motion. He busy fumbling through his worn out Fanelian trousers, both hands digging deep into every fold and seem. Fang raised his eyebrows slightly at the Basramians peculiar behavior. He seemed too... determined.

"Yes...."

Findel suddenly stopped, looking up hesitantly at the warrior in front of him. He had done it. It was his first usefull accomplishment. With a slight flick of the wrist, the Basramian brought a small object from his pocket. It made a metallic clicking sound as its cover was thrown back, and instantaniously a meager flame burst from its opening. Findel was wielding the fruit of his ventures to the mystic moon, his most cherished prize: a zippo lighter.
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 10:53 PM   #29   [permalink]
Princess Samari
Forum Addicted

Chigusa and E'rth had finished their meals. Thankfully the day was still young and the young earth girl would not be due back for a few hours. Chigusa had originally planned to bid farewell to E'rth and head back to her small disgusting little room for a nap.

That had been the plan until Chigusa had heard whispers of newcomers to the village. Since arriving in the small town Chigusa had made it her business to watch the comings and goings of strangers to the village. Perhaps she was holding out hope that she would discover someone else from Earth like Ton Ton or even Touji, perhaps Chigusa was concered about her former guide? Maybe the lost young woman was just a busy body and needed something to occupy her mind.

Whatever the case was Chigusa was pleasently suprised to see Dharr. At least it was someone familar, perhaps he could give her news from abroad. Perhaps he wouldn't even remember her.

"Come along E'rth." Chigusa took ahold of the boys hand and began following the pair as Dharr was escorted away. The soldiers for some reason made her uncomfortable but this was something to be looked into.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:38 PM   #30   [permalink]
Ekaterini
Forum Junkie

The afternoon sun shone through an open window in the small room of the main hospital building. Technically, it was the only hospital building; many rooms were actually large tents and temporary huts erected in the same section of town. True, they weren't the best of facilities in which to treat injured troops, but they were certainly better than those crowded, make-shift tents used for the infirm on the battlefront. And as long as there were enough blankets to keep the patients warm at night, Risa could make do with the set-up. The hospital area was her world now, her domain, and she truly belonged.

Without a doubt, of course, there were stressful times, and the casualties she treated were woeful sights indeed. But here she was puting the best of her abilities to use, and in a world that had quickly lost much of its sense to the simple, motherly wolf-woman, she couldn't imagine coping any other way.

Before the war began, Risa had been a trader, and her knowledge in the arts of healing had never been used to its full potential, nor had it even been fully developed, though she knew quite a bit. When she joined the team of healers organized to stand as the medical staff when Mataro first became a camp, however, she learned rapidly and with zeal. She rose quickly from her position as an assistant to one of the best healers in the hospital. Perhaps it was her temperment that aided her as well. After all, she was one of the kindest personnel and went out of her way to help the patients given to her care, and that caught the attention of the head healer, who thought it highly important that a physician helps a patient's spirits as well as his body.

Pausing a moment with clean linen in her arms, Risa gazed out the window at the trees turning gold and russet. In that picture the window framed for her eyes, she could almost imagine there was no trouble, no fighting out there beyond it. But of course that wasn't true. And if it wasn't for the fighting, she wouldn't have as much purpose there in the hopital. But wouldn't it be nice if her purpose was for treating things like random illnesses and the bruised limbs of children who too avidly climb trees, not the cruel and unnatural injuries of war? A naive thought, she knew, but her gentle heart preferred innocence, even though she realized more and more what the world truly was as years went by.

An assistant whisking into the room pulled Risa out of her reverie; she was one of the Jundiai fox-people. "E'rth brought this in for you a little while ago, Miss Risa," the girl told her and held up a package of herbs in her red-furred hand.

"Oh, I missed 'im," Risa sighed, turning to the fox-girl. "Well, thank ye, Kalee. 'Ere, jus' put it on top o' these linens. My hands are full."
Ekaterini is offline   Reply With Quote