Bleach
Naruto
Ah! My Goddess - sorezore no tsubasa
.hacksign//roots
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 10:34 AM   #407   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Saikano: Another Love Song OAV - Considering that most of the material in the OAV had to be newly written (the TV series follows the original manga), it's surprising well pieced together.., the OAV fleshes out certain scenes from the TV series, & you get a fuller view of Chise's growth & development as the Ultimate Weapon.., the OAV introduces a new character & the show focuses on her role as Chise's superior officer; her life is just as sad & tragic as Chise's IMO.., the ending feels kinda abrupt, but it is a side-story after all, so it's probably to be as expected..,

I liked the OAV a lot.., it was another peek into the world of Saikano, well crafted so as not to ruin & detract from the original show.., well worth watching but only if you've seen the TV series..,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #408   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Send a message via AIM to Zachalmighty Send a message via MSN to Zachalmighty
Just finished Eureka Seven *tear*
Awake me not: Hush, whisper low
Zachalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #409   [permalink]
CrabBattle12

Hare Guu
Eureka 7
Aishiteruze Baby
Kodocha
CrabBattle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #410   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

I'll have to finish Sailor Moon S and Super S before committing to watch the first 3 Tenchi Muyo serieses. I think it will be a long process in the making.
Old 24-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #411   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Hellsing TV series Eps 1-6: I've watched this series several times already, but I've never watched it with the English dub.., the constant swearing is hilarious & Seras sounds really posh..,

Old 24-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #412   [permalink]
GetterRobo

Ronin Warriors via Netflix. Just got 2nd DVD!!!

Also watching Kino's Journey which I bought from Best Buy

Also watching GoGo Sentai Boukenger which is the newest of Japanese Power Rangers
GetterRobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #413   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Eureka 7 and Naruto.
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #414   [permalink]
silverwind

-Magic Knight RayEarth
-Noir
-Saber Marionette J
-Nazica Blitz Tactics
-Gravion
Old 25-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #415   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

Just finished up to my current collection of Naruto episodes, I need to get from 150 onwards now.
Old 25-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #416   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Gunslinger Girl Eps 1-13 : I bought this series coz I was annoyed by ADV's abandonment of the manga series (does anyone know why they've stopped publishing manga?)..., the anime is very pretty to look at; great animation & kawaii character designs (for the girls at least) coupled with a realistic colour palette made this a very easy anime to watch.., the plot is kinda vague & doesn't really finish (the manga goes on for at least 6 volumes, the anime only covers the bulk of vols 1-3).., but the characters & how they dealt with their very sad & depressing lives made up for the sketchiness of the plot.., the gunplay action is also very cool, though kind of disturbing at the same time too..,
Love the opening theme "The Light Before We Land" by The Delgados.., I think I'll have to buy their 'Hate' album now..,

Old 26-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #417   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

Originally Posted by EVA fiend
Gunslinger Girl Eps 1-13 : I bought this series coz I was annoyed by ADV's abandonment of the manga series (does anyone know why they've stopped publishing manga?)..., the anime is very pretty to look at; great animation & kawaii character designs (for the girls at least) coupled with a realistic colour palette made this a very easy anime to watch.., the plot is kinda vague & doesn't really finish (the manga goes on for at least 6 volumes, the anime only covers the bulk of vols 1-3).., but the characters & how they dealt with their very sad & depressing lives made up for the sketchiness of the plot.., the gunplay action is also very cool, though kind of disturbing at the same time too..,
Love the opening theme "The Light Before We Land" by The Delgados.., I think I'll have to buy their 'Hate' album now..,
Yeah I remember seeing the trailer for that not too long ago while watching the new Tenchi episodes, looked pretty cool and interesting, might have to look into it.
Old 27-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #418   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Bakuretsu Tenshi (aka Burst Angel) Eps 1-24: Yet another series I bought on a whim, the whim being Ugetsu Hakua's beautiful character designs (I have had a pic of Jo & Meg as my wallpaper for quite some time now, way before I saw the series).., I didn't really know what to expect from the series, it just reminded me a LOT of the original Bubblegum Crisis 2032-33 OAV, & elements from other shows.., the plot is thin, character development is not that great, & the ending left a lot of loose ends.., but the CGI mecha combat, tonnes of gunplay, & over-the-top monsters made up for the lack of plot & character development IMO.., there is quite a lot of gratuitous T & A action (not to my taste really), but it's one of those shows that I consider to be bubblegum for the eyes, so I enjoyed it immensely.., the perfect antidote to all the depressing & mind bending anime series that I've been watching lately (i.e., Saikano, Gunslinger Girl, & Boogiepop Phantom, etc)..,
There's an OAV coming out later on this year that's apparently a prequel, so I'll be getting that too..,

Oh, & another thing that made me smile is that the two main characters Jo & Meg look a lot like Rei & Asuka from Evangelion..,

Originally Posted by Gundam_pilot01
Yeah I remember seeing the trailer for that not too long ago while watching the new Tenchi episodes, looked pretty cool and interesting, might have to look into it.
Gunslinger Girl is worth watching IMO, just be aware that it doesn't really end properly..,

Last edited by EVA fiend; 27-05-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #419   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Ah yes, everytime I decide to go check AB, teh one thread that's always here is this one...hotness.

Anyway, Eureka 7 and Bleach for me. I'll get around to xxxHolic and .hack//roots eventually (as of now, playing Suikoden V and Tales of Legendia is mroe important.)

Oh, I also bought the first dvd of Grenadier.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 AM   #420   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

Sailor Moon SuperS, hardcore-oldschool.