Old 04-11-2001, 09:50 PM   #1   [permalink]
DNA_Master
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to DNA_Master Send a message via AIM to DNA_Master Send a message via MSN to DNA_Master Send a message via Yahoo to DNA_Master
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 RPG

Quote:
Originally posted by ShockNet

Tokyo: 2040 A.D. tokyo's suffered from a horrendous earthquake, and has since rebuilt, turning into one of the most advanced cities of the world. (it already was, but let's not get picky) The Genom corporation has bought the Boomer project, and done the confinement thingy that is causing the beginnings of the rouge boomer plagues. It is into this world that we are thrust.

What i want everyone to do is tell me their initial locations. You can choose to be with other PCs, as long as they know about it beforehand. tell me what you're doing, and so on.

just to help it along, lets say that the ADP ppl, (me, wormy and Tifa-chan) are on duty, the hitmen (Bond, you need a name change, ask me if you're stuck), are anywhere they goddamn please, (NOT killing PCs or important NPCs), the civilians (wstml, hitomi, and DNA), are at their respective homes, or out on the town, or at work (your choices), orochi's at the genom place (the hitmen can be there if they wish), and that's IT!.....

of course, they are only guidelines......

the time is, ooh, 2130, (9:30 p.m). it's raining, and most people are inside their warm houses, so the streets are sorta empty, although all the hoods are out.....

good luck, all, and i hope you enjoy the show!

cue lively music. camera pans out to shot of crowd and stage, while lights dim. "This show was brought to you by Black_Angel. hosted by ShockNet"
Quote:
Originally posted by Hitomi_333

*Another case had come up, this makes it about 22 hours straight without any sleep for Nadira.

'A typical muder case, things just kept getting worse as time goes by in this city,' she thought.

The debriefing dragged by, but soon she was back in her squad car on the way to the crime scene. Another stabbing, probably by some hood wanting to steal their money.

'It would be a horrible night to die,' was the thought that came to her head. The rain was coming down in sheets and her boots had become soaked by the puddles that lined the streets.

Her mind was elsewhere, and the murder case became just like the others in her mind. Nothing about it really mattered, she had faced several like it recently.

Suddenly her beeper went off and she excused herself from the case for the moment. Something more important had come up.*

Remember kids... she's not underage! She's fun-size!
DNA_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 09:53 PM   #2   [permalink]
DNA_Master
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to DNA_Master Send a message via AIM to DNA_Master Send a message via MSN to DNA_Master Send a message via Yahoo to DNA_Master
Quote:
Originally posted by ShockNet

Kamatsu was in the ADP armoury, examining the new K-Suit units. K-Suits were only a recent addition to the AD Police,but he had already aquired a reputation as a master of the technology, and was assigned the duty of keeping them maintained. He had already begun work on a new weapon for them, a multi-purpose rocket launcher.

I bet most of the officers are chewing their own livers for an opportunity to pilot one of these babies. And it's me and Zack that get the fun. Hehehe.

He continued work on the suits, checking for flaws in the design.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tifa-Chan
Julia was in the training room in the ADP building.She was wearing some shorts and a tank top,her hair tied up.She was wearing glasses that protected her eyes.She was using one of the practice guns and a simulation.She completed it with a perfect score.
Julia:*taking off the glasses*that was a good work out but not good enough.
Quote:
Originally posted by DNA_Master

The Japan Air stratoliner streaked through the thin outer reachers of Earth's atmpmosphere, on its final approach to Tokyo airport. In one of the economy-class seats, Akito Tenkawa tried to brush down his slightly spiky hair with a comb. His hair stayed down for several seconds before bouncing up again into its normal spikes. Akito gave up and stared pensivly out of the window. Japan was rapidly closing up as the stratoliner screamed downwards in a controlled descent. Akito involuntary winced every time the liner hit an air pocket, thinking mostly of the large shipping crate in the hold below. If that got broken, he'd really be in trouble. Akito sighed and turned to the pretty young woman in the seat next to him.
"First time in japan?" he asked.
"No, I'm going back home to Tokyo." she replied.
"So am I. I've been in Australia for the last three years, completing my degree in bio-mechanical systems and advanced cybernetics. What about yourself?"
"Only a holiday, I'm afraid."
"Oh well. A change is as good as a rest."
Their conversation was interrupted by the PA system.
"All passengers, we will be arriving in MegaTokyo Airport shortly. Please make sure your seatbelts are on and your tray is in the upright locked position."
The jet continued on its path towards Tokyo.

---

One hour later, Akito waited in a hired truck near the cargo depot of the airport. A staff member walked up.
"You Akito Tenkawa?"
"Yep."
"Sign here, please."
Akito signed the chit, and gave it back.
"Okay sir, just back it up and we'll load up your crate."
"Not a problem."
Akito backed the truck up, and crane lowered the shipping crate onto the tray. Several staff members chained it down and Akito drove off onto the busy highways of MegaTokyo.
"Ah, its good to be back in town." he said to himself, pulling to one side of the road to let an AD-Police convoy past. He drove to his small apartment near the garage of his friend Yukuza Himoto, went next door and yelled loudly over the industrial noise.
"HEY HIMOTO-SAN! YOU THERE?"

Old 04-11-2001, 10:32 PM   #3   [permalink]
DNA_Master
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Wormy
Zack was bored. nothing had happened so far on this patrol and he had listened to the same music for to long. At least now he could walk around.

His patrol had looped around the CBD and suronding districts, and he now had an hour before the Firefly returned to the air. Zack decided to walk down to the armory and see how Kamatsu was doing.

The new K-Suits were looking good, and would still fit into the Firefly's so he could continue to take one on patrol with him. And Kamatsu's rocket launcher would be handy for taking out boomers. Zack just hoped he would make an extra, cause Zack wanted to try it out.

Zack decided to take the stairs rather than the elevator and so got down there just a bit after Julia.

"Hi, how you doing?"
Quote:
Originally posted by wstml32

Himoto responded, "yes i am Akito-San".
"How have you been Akito? Its been a long time since ive seen you". How was your flight to Tokyo?
"Pretty good" Akito replied.

Then Himoto said to Akito with great enthusiasm "Hey Akito come over to my garage i want to show you something".
So Akito went over to Himoto's garage and was shocked by what he saw. It looked like a robot!

"What is it Himoto?" Akito asked. "Im glad you ask Akito, this is my new invention, ive been working on it for the last couple of months. I used my technical know-how along with everything i know about boomer technology to build it.
I call it a 'hardsuit'. I intend to make another two of them. The problem is that these hardsuits will have to be worn by a human to function.
These hardsuits will be the answer to the growing problem of boomers going rogue. As you well know Akito my parents died in a boomer attack and im sure as hell arent going to sit back and let more innocent civillians get killed"
After talking for a while Himoto invited Akito into his house for a cup of tea....

Meanwhile at the AD Police station a crisis meeting was being held as to how to contain thge rogue boomers.......
Quote:
Originally posted by orochi X
As a black limosine pulls up at a busy cafe, a tall young slim man with black spiked hair walks ut of the limo he looks up at the cafe and walks in. He pulls out a picture of Quinton Frica a very well trained assasin, He looks around scanning the cafe till he sees Quinton, he walks up to him . . .

"Hello im Aoshi Higashi andyou must be Quinton? well i need your assistants"
Quote:
Originally posted by death
Quinton looks up at Aoshi. Taking a second to swollow a mouthful of coffie.
"There are 2 things you should be aware of before this goes any further. One, I have a gun pointed at your chest. And 2, I dont like being disturbed"

Old 04-11-2001, 10:35 PM   #4   [permalink]
DNA_Master
Forum Master

Quote:
looks at Quintan

"Well im terribly sorry to have bothered you and id take that gun away from my chest this siut cost more then you are worth. So anyway if u dont mind"
Quote:
Quinton smiled. "Personally i doubt that or you wouldent be here" Setting down his coffie he put both his elbows on the table. "I told your boss to contact me using the phone number i gave him"
Quote:
Originally posted by DNA_Master
Akito leaned over the table and whispered conspiratorilly to Himoto.
"I've got something to show you too. Its on the back of the truck. My pet project that I've been working on for the last three years, using scrap components and rejects scavenged from junk piles. I'll just bring it over."
Akito backed the truck up and gently tilted the tray so the packing crate slid to the ground. Tapping the small keypad on the lock, Akito opened the end of it. Sweeping out the packing foam filling the crate, he pulled it away until a flash of yellow-painted metal showed. Himoto's eyes widended as the gleaming form of the Magami battlesuit was reveled. The machine stood about two meters high, was painted bright yellow, and carried a magazine-fed bazooka in one hand. (ooc: looks like Macky's suit from Ep 8 of origional series).
"This is the Magami Class battlesuit that I've been working on. Still got a lot of bugs, but i'm working on it and improving it. I ripped out the monitor system and now I uset this" Akito tapped the VR headset on his forehead "as the visual system. Not as manourable as the hard suit you built, but carriers heavier firepower and can go for longer. I've used a micro-fusion reactor system that lasts for longer. Note those cylinders on the back? Diatomic hydrogen, lasts for ages and cheap too."
Quote:
Originally posted by wstml32
Himoto faces Akito. "I am very impressed Akito".
Then Himoto asks Akito if he would like to help him build the rest of the hardsuits.
"Of course i would!" Akito replies.
And so Akito spent most of his free time in Himoto's garage helping Himoto to build the other hardsuits.

While working on the hardsuits Akito asked Himoto what hw would call the group that would wear the hardsuits and fight the rogue boomers.

Himoto replied "i dont know. How about the Knight Sabers?"
"Thats a great name!" replied Akito.

Then Hitomo asked "Akito once the knight sabers is formed how would you like to help me repair the hardsuits when they are damaged in fights?

"It would be an honour" replied Akito.

And so Akito and Himoto worked very hard on building the rest of the hardsuits.......

Old 04-11-2001, 10:40 PM   #5   [permalink]
DNA_Master
Forum Master

[ooc]
There, thats all the SENSIBLE posts moved across. Now lets get back to work, and no baka-ness this time okay, schizm. If you want to join by all means tell us and create a character, but don't just wander in and start powergaming.
[/ooc]

Akito wiped his forehead with a rag, trying to clean at least a little bit of the high-grade machine oil from his face.
"Well, thats number two done. However, I don't think we should build more of these until we find out how they perform in combat. And we need pilots, too."

Old 04-11-2001, 11:09 PM   #6   [permalink]
DNA_Master
Forum Master

ooc: these are the ones that concern with the rpg itself, not the planning etc. now lets get to work.

Old 04-11-2001, 11:23 PM   #7   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
--------------
Quinton smiled. "Personally i doubt that or you wouldent be here" Setting down his coffie he put both his elbows on the table. "I told your boss to contact me using the phone number i gave him"
--------------

"I know" Aoshi said, "But id like to see you face to face"
Aoshi sits down and pulls out a photo of 30 year old man.
"THis is Yukuza Himoto, he worked on the boomer project many years ago and we are suspecting he is planning on destroying Genom" said Aoshi as he slid the photo across to Quinton, "I need you to keep an eye on him and report bck to me if anything happens, you know my number"
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 11:53 PM   #8   [permalink]
death
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to death
Quinton picks up the photo and glances at it. "Planing to destroy Genom Huh.. Must have some heavy duty hardwear for that. An idear where i might find him?"
-Me
Life is but a sweet, slow death
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 12:24 AM   #9   [permalink]
Hitomi_333
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Hitomi_333
(We seriously need to pick a head Knight Saber! I can't continue without this knowledge!)
Hitomi_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 12:43 AM   #10   [permalink]
death
Forum Master

OOc: Thats for you Knight sabers to work out.
-Me
Old 05-11-2001, 01:02 AM   #11   [permalink]
wstml32
Inactive Email Account

Send a message via ICQ to wstml32 Send a message via AIM to wstml32
Dont worry about it Hitomi, im sure a member will volunteer for the role of knight saber soon enough.

Back to the story.
Himoto was in his garage with Akito still working on the hardsuits when all of a sudden Akito asked Himoto about his past.
Himoto didnt mind Akito asking and so he began to talk about his past.
"I was hired to work on the boomer project a few years ago. My knowledge of robots and mechanics proved invaluable to the project. I had no doubt in my mind that boomers would help the Japaenese civillians after the dreadful earthquake.
I worked under Aoshi Higashi, one of Mason's closest assocites and one of Genome's most highly ranked men.
To my surprise the boomer project had finished a lot sooner then i had thought appropriate.
My fellow workers were also bewildered.
While working on the project me and my fellow workers came up with an idea to implant the boomers with a "core", to make them think on there own.
I knew by doing this boomers could go out of control so us workers worked many days and nights to design the boomers so they would not go out of control.
To my astonishment we werent allowed to implement the new designs.
I feared that the boomers we created would go rogue. Those fears were bought to life when a few years after boomers were introduced to the Japanese public they went rogue killing innocent people.

So as you can see Akito i am partly to blame for the innocent civilians being killed by rogue boomers.
It is my duty to take down the rogue boomers as well as the Genome corporation. They must be punished for thier evils.

"But what about the AD Police?" asked Akito. "Surely they can take out the rogue boomers, cant they?

"If that were the case Akito how come so many innocent civilaians have been killed by boomers over the years?

"Let me fill you in on a little secret Akito; i know for a fact that Genome funds the AD Police!

And so Akito and Himoto talked about thier past while working on the hardsuits.
Himoto enjoyed Akito's company and was glad that Akito wanted to help him take on the boomers..........

Meanwhile.......

Last edited by wstml32; 05-11-2001 at 01:04 AM.
wstml32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 02:09 AM   #12   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Quote:
Quinton picks up the photo and glances at it. "Planing to destroy Genom Huh.. Must have some heavy duty hardwear for that. An idear where i might find him?"
"Yes that we believe he is making some armour or weapon of somesort, and as for his location i believe a small garage around the 32 ward and as i know from experience you want 1/2 the money for this job now? or have you changed?" Aoshi pulls out a cheque, "How much?"
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 04:08 AM   #13   [permalink]
DNA_Master
Forum Master

Akito cleaned his hands on a rag.
"I vote we take a break. I need some coffee and although I like it, machine oil just doesn't substitue for sleep. Besides, I want to get the Magami suit locked up and run checks after transport. I still need to take out the old monitor system and wire in the VR interface." He said, standing up and stretching.
"Okay then. See you tomorrow."

Akito drove the truck back to his apartment, waited for darkness to fall, powered up the Magami suit and slowly walked it into the garage where he performed a full systems check. No damage, apart from an overstretched joint bundle, was found. Akito unscrewed the fuel canisters from the spine of the suit, put them on the electrolyser hooked up to the mains water and power to recharge, and headed off to bed.
*yawn* "What a day. I'm bushed. Time to turn in."

Old 05-11-2001, 09:18 AM   #14   [permalink]
Kawanua the Samurai
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kawanua the Samurai
((OOC:: can i join in and can i make my own character?

As long as the sun, the moon, and the earth exists. Everything will be alright.
Kawanua the Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 06:21 PM   #15   [permalink]
death
Forum Master

[ooc]Go post a charator request in the other thread. It's in the RPG general forum[/ooc]

Quote:

"Yes that we believe he is making some armour or weapon of somesort, and as for his location i believe a small garage around the 32 ward and as i know from experience you want 1/2 the money for this job now? or have you changed?" Aoshi pulls out a cheque, "How much?"
"The normal. 20,000 credits. 10,000 now. The other 10,000 when you give me a new assignment. Plus expences of coarse. But you already knew my rates. But now i have a question for you. Do you really think that this guy is a threat?" He asked as he stashed the picture inside ths jacket.
-Me