Old 10-12-2001, 09:31 PM   #16   [permalink]
vlakorados
Forum Master

Damn, that's right! Thanx Rascal...

How did the story go? As Cloud told it, he and Sephiroth were on a mission to kill a monster that was terrorizing the populace. After Seph killed the dragon they all visited Nibelhiem to check the reactor on mount Nibel. Tifa was their guide. She was barred from entering the reactor by some random (we assume) soldier. Something something something... the town was burning... blah blah blah, Cloud can't remember what happened after that, right? What really happened was that Cloud was just a regular soldier, Zack was the real SOLDIER with Sephy, Seph later went back to get JENOVA after burning the town in some sort of fit, Tifa's father went to stop him so Sephiroth killed him, Tifa tried to get revenge, Zack stepped in, Sephy swiped at Zack, Cloud ran in, grabbed Zack's Buster sword and nailed Sephiroth, then Sephy stabbed Cloud (right??) and Cloud picked up the Masamune and chucked Sephiroth over the edge into the Mako......

.... or at least that's how I remember it. Afterwards, Zack and Cloud were taken to Hojo's lab under the mansion, they were infused with Mako, they escaped during lunch, ran from Nibelhiem, hitched a ride to Midgar, got caught by Shinra and Zack was shot multiple times with machine guns. Cloud wakes up, grabs the sword, somehow comes to believe he is a first-class SOLDIER, winds up beneath Midgar and Tifa finds him at the train station years later and recruits him for AVALANCHE. And that's where we start the game.

I think. Right?????
Old 11-12-2001, 05:42 AM   #17   [permalink]
Safer-Sephiroth
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Safer-Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally posted by vlakorados

Cloud wakes up, grabs the sword, somehow comes to believe he is a first-class SOLDIER, winds up beneath Midgar and Tifa finds him at the train station years later and recruits him for AVALANCHE. And that's where we start the game.

I think. Right?????
yeah, you got almost all of it right, except tifa didn't find cloud at the station years later, cloud and zack spent years in shinra mansion's underground lab the whole time, and after zack was killed, cloud made his way to the train station, and that's when tifa found him....

there are too many plot holes to even remember

http://theotaku.com
http://otakuboards.com
Safer-Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 08:52 AM   #18   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
BAH!!!
you see wat happens when you dont get vincent!!!!

The girl he loved, Sephiroth's MOTHER was HOJO's wife (or something)

THAT is why SEPHIROTH IS HOJO'S SON!!!!!!!!!!!

Hojo would have had dna samples galore.

It is safe to say the cloning began after Ghast's death, but it is possible teh cloning was started while Sephiroth was still alive..

the reactor in NIM was one of the experiments that Hojo was working on, possibly a forerunner to the Sephiroth cloning, the first stage so to speak.

ATh
ATh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 10:13 AM   #19   [permalink]
Safer-Sephiroth
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Safer-Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally posted by ATh
BAH!!!
you see wat happens when you dont get vincent!!!!

The girl he loved, Sephiroth's MOTHER was HOJO's wife (or something)

THAT is why SEPHIROTH IS HOJO'S SON!!!!!!!!!!!

she wasn't exactly hojo's wife, but then again, it was never mentioned, but although hojo claims to be sephiroth's father, I believe he is not seph's biological father, and that the biological father was in fact vincent, remember, vince and lecrezia were very intimate with each other before hojo, and it is possible that lecrezia was pregnant BEFORE she met hojo....

but we don't know, damn plot holes

http://theotaku.com
http://otakuboards.com
Safer-Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2001, 05:09 PM   #20   [permalink]
vlakorados
Forum Master

Damn lazy writers is more like it...
Old 12-12-2001, 12:36 PM   #21   [permalink]
Majin_Goku

Send a message via ICQ to Majin_Goku
Quote:
Originally posted by vlakorados

.... or at least that's how I remember it. Afterwards, Zack and Cloud were taken to Hojo's lab under the mansion, they were infused with Mako, they escaped during lunch, ran from Nibelhiem, hitched a ride to Midgar, got caught by Shinra and Zack was shot multiple times with machine guns. Cloud wakes up, grabs the sword, somehow comes to believe he is a first-class SOLDIER, winds up beneath Midgar and Tifa finds him at the train station years later and recruits him for AVALANCHE. And that's where we start the game.

I think. Right?????
Why do I not remember seeing this bit? When do you see this?
Old 12-12-2001, 02:49 PM   #22   [permalink]
Maguamaru
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Maguamaru Send a message via Yahoo to Maguamaru
Quote:
Originally posted by Majin_Goku

Why do I not remember seeing this bit? When do you see this?
It's a secret scene... go back to the Shin-Ra Mansion Basement in Disc 2 just before you enter Midgar for the last time to see it.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:23 PM   #23   [permalink]
eva_02's soul
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to eva_02's soul Send a message via AIM to eva_02's soul
Cloud didn't just "come to think" he was Soldier, or a merc. He's just going on what he heard Zack talking about in the back of the pick-up. When Zack was murdered,Cloud took his sword and headed off into Midgar. Keep in mind that his mind was still clouded as hell and he couldn't remember much about his life, He then started believing in Zack's Memories so much that he "Became" zack to an extent. This was mainly because he met Tifa and wanted to prove to her that he made it as a member of SOLDIER

-Alucard,the coolest vampire i've seen.
eva_02's soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:25 PM   #24   [permalink]
Maguamaru
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Maguamaru Send a message via Yahoo to Maguamaru
Quote:
Originally posted by eva_02's soul
Cloud didn't just "come to think" he was Soldier, or a merc. He's just going on what he heard Zack talking about in the back of the pick-up. When Zack was murdered,Cloud took his sword and headed off into Midgar. Keep in mind that his mind was still clouded as hell and he couldn't remember much about his life, He then started believing in Zack's Memories so much that he "Became" zack to an extent. This was mainly because he met Tifa and wanted to prove to her that he made it as a member of SOLDIER
It has been said in the game that Could fabricated his memories from what soul just said here, and also from either reading Tifa's mind (Jenova cells again??) or from listening to what she told him. The latter would make sense, since he appeared to have missing or fabricated details of the past, such as thinking the Nibelheim incident was 5 years ago when it was in fact 7.
Old 13-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #25   [permalink]
teaspooner

Ok my first post and it's _really_ late (8 years late) and probably no one will see this but there's no way that sephiroth in disc 1 was zack. first off, zack was killed. bad. [i'm aware that this is slightly unfair because i get the added benifit of crisis core and advent children to work from] there were plenty of other clones around. i tihnk theh sginificance of the number 1 tatoo is to show that it was a fully fledged clone. and i don't think 'clone' in the game's sense is a wishy-washy few cells injected in a human making them a sephiroth clone. i tihnk 'clone' is referring to the monsters at the mt nibel reactor. hence why they are all so close to jenova and why, when one of the containers bursts open, it has long hair-like tentacles coming out of its head, like sephiroth's hair. coiuld be wrong. but i don't think 'clone' is an appropriate term.

also it's important to remember that cloud has a bunch of weird oddities in the first few hours in the game. we all remember the moments when he's out cold and we assume that it's zack talking to him, but there are other things, like his trances in the reactors, especially the first one.
"Watch out! This is more than just a reactor!"
[still don't know how that ties in with anything else in the game other than to introduce the gamer to the fact that Cloud is slightly wacked out, but hey it works]
then when he meets reno for the first time he doesn't know who they are, the screen flashes white, and all of a sudden he knows who they are.
when cloud talks to aeris ontop of the moogle slide she asks him about his time in SOLDIER, and again he looks up and the screen flashes white before he answers, like he's getting answers from somewhere.
there are a couple more too. wether it's zack or sephiroth who's talking to him, i'm still not sure. there's the idea that zack is talking to cloud through the lifestream, as he said when he dies and tells cloud to live for the both of them (i can't remember if that's in ff7, but cloud 'says it to zack ' at the little monument where zack died in advent children, and zack says it at the end of crisis core. i'm going to go on the idea that it's from the game, but id have to watch the long flashback in the shinra mansion basement again). alternatively, it could be sephiroth - at the north cave - manipulating cloud from the start of the game. why, i have no idea. sephiroth wouldn't really have much need of cloud until later in the game when he would actually seem to be useful to sdephiroth. but sephiroth does keep referring to cloud as a 'puppet' everytime they meet. and considering that cloud became a test specimen of hojo and had jenova cells implanted in him (an almost universally acceoted 'theorum' of the game, hence why a punk from a podunk back-village could kill a genetically engineered super warrior), that would give sephiroth an opportunity to get in cloud's head (although as said before, i do think its a bit much to call him a sephiroth 'clone'. i always took 'clone' to mean the monsters at nibelheim where hojo was carrying out his experiments). also, after the plate falls, cloud has a 'thought-process' which says something like
'the blood of the ancients runs through my veins. i am the rightful heir of htis planet.' now i'm not a betting man, but i don't tihnk that's zack.
i'm not sure which it is, but we do know that cloud can be possesed by sephiroth (black materia at the temple of the ancients, aeris' death AND at the north cave), and he gets so completely junked up after nibelheim that he takes zack's memories to fill the holes in his own. or maybe he doesn't fill in the memories. maybe zack is genuinely trying to live through cloud.

who knows. i still want a ps3 re make with aeris ressurectable. just because.