Old 19-01-2003, 08:30 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Online stores: which one?

ok, i usually buy from Amazon and only amazon. but they dont have .hack//SIGN on pre-order yet so im wonderign whats a good, reliable anime online store i can pre-order the dvd.

im thinking animenation, but i recall from a long time ago that payment is through PayPal, and took 3-4 weeks delivery so i passed on them (is it true?). another one im considering is Right Stuf, but i havent biught anything from them either. so recomendations?

(oh, exclude Best Prices on the list)
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2003, 08:44 PM   #2   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
Just out of curiosity, why not BestPrices.com? I think two people here suggested it to me when I asked. And the do seem to have the lowest prices around, at least when compared to the stores I've look at for anime. Do they just not have .hack//SIGN that you want to pre-order or is there some other reason you want it excluded from suggestions? In any case, I'll be interested in seeing replies as well since I'm looking to buy some anime soon and would naturally like to get it from a good place.
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2003, 09:51 PM   #3   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Why don't you click on the Robert's Anime Corner Store ad that pops up around on AB and help eva2000 by buying somethig from them

Other than that, I wouldn't have a clue as I don't buy R1s
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2003, 01:13 AM   #4   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
Rightstuf, Bestprices, and Animenation.com are the companies I usually go through. Never had a problem with any of them. They've all been quick to respond to questions and order changes. I haven't bought anime DVDs though Amazon.com in a long time because their prices simply don't make it worthwhile.
Old 21-01-2003, 04:58 AM   #5   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

You could support the people who support AB, by clicking on the sponsor's advert. Say to them clearly, "I'm supporting you because you support AB."
Gryshnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2003, 06:19 PM   #6   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

I buy the bulk of my US anime DVD's from either www.amazon.com, www.dvdboxoffice.com, & www.archonia.com..., I buy Japanese DVD's from either www.otaku.com, or www.cdjapan.co.jp..., I've never had any problems with these sites, though I did have to wait about 6 weeks for an order to ship from dvdboxoffice...,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2003, 09:20 PM   #7   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Animecornerstore.com is my fav region 1 anime dvd store right now... but Animenation.com is up there too
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #8   [permalink]
Glenn MeisTriumph
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Glenn MeisTriumph Send a message via Yahoo to Glenn MeisTriumph
I use rightstuf for my online orders

Last edited by Glenn MeisTriumph; 22-01-2003 at 06:14 PM.
Glenn MeisTriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2003, 11:27 PM   #9   [permalink]
Avidian

Send a message via AIM to Avidian
I have always either used amazon or dvdboxoffice but i'm gunna try some other plaaces for comparison. Or i can get off my lazy butt and walk to the mall. but that would require getting off my lazy butt and walking.
Old 24-01-2003, 08:20 PM   #10   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
i ended up pre-ordering .hack//SIGN from amazon

anyhow, im not ordering from Best Prices anymore. the only time i buy online is for LE's, and the last time i did that on Best Prices, (which was Hellsing w/ box i believe) it got back-ordered. speaking of which i ordered Hellsing w/ box when it came out in July 23rd (i pre-ordered 2 weeks before), then it got back-ordered and i just ordered from Amazon, anyhow, 6 months later, which is right now, i get an email saying they just sent the title...what the heck?

as for other online retailers, i have .hack//SIGN on pre-order @ Amazon, and i will most likely not order anything from them until the order ships on 3/6. so for the meantime, i guess i'll try RightStuf...
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2003, 12:33 AM   #11   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Buy.com and Best Prices are the stores I frequent the most. The former because of their reliability and the latter because of the low prices. I've never had a problem with either store, and I've purchased quite a lot of DVDs and other merchandise from them both.

TRSI is a very reliable store, but I can always find better prices elsewhere. Since I buy so many DVDs, I'm a bit of a stickler for low prices. The only times I go to TRSI is when they have exclusivity on a product.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:20 AM   #12   [permalink]
Tenkawa
Executive Member

The best thing to do in terms of buying dvd's is go to:

www.dvdpricesearch.com

They have this price search engine that let's you compare prices across all the stores in their database and if you enter you state it will rank things based on shipping and sales tax.

Never ever buy from Amazon. They are always the most expensive. The only good thing about them is that they have the best reputation, but I've ordered from tons of stores:

buy.com, bestprices, digital eyes, dvdsoon, themoviestore, dvdking, bestbuy, and a few others I can't remember and I've never had a problem. Granted there's always a risk with some of the smaller vendors, but if you have problems always call your credit card company as a last resort and have them reverse the charge.
Tenkawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2003, 01:51 PM   #13   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
http://www.Overstock.com was pretty good bought my Kenshin DVD at a discounted rate, and the shipping was quite fast, too.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #14   [permalink]
Tekkaman Blade

Send a message via MSN to Tekkaman Blade Send a message via Yahoo to Tekkaman Blade
I always go to animovies I really like it. They have lots of anime series/movies. Everytime I search there I found what I want for a really low price. I bought X(series) for $31 but if you're looking for box set then search animecornerstore because animovies sells almost every series at low price but not in box sets, thats not a problem for me since all I want is to watch the series, but if you're looking for collection box sets then look elsewhere.
Tekkaman Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #15   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Depends on what you want. Im an ebay'er.
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote