Old 07-10-2002, 01:21 AM   #31   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
Hey there Lee. Welcome to AB!
Coupla questions:

1) How does it feel to be the first Special Guest here at AB?
2) Have you seen any other anime apart from Lain?
3) Do you feel overwhelmed about the attention you're picking up from anime fans (and only anime fans)?

Wow, it seems everyone here is cramming to talk to you. That's gotta tell you something
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Old 07-10-2002, 01:36 AM   #32   [permalink]
Lee (BOA)

Wow,
So many questions. AS for the anime side of things we heard that one of our songs (Duvet) was being used for an anime called Lain and so I personally new nothing of anime before that apart from how do I say (cartoon) type things. When I first saw Lain I was shocked to see how great it was. Duvet is one of my favorites as well as Twlight and Drinking and so I always like to play those one's although I find that I like different songs more at different times. Yes we did do alot of gigs and had a good fan base before Lain but it's thanks to Lain that we are being heard around the world and so we owe alot to it for that. (Embarrassing experinces on stage) Yes I have many. On the last tour we had just finished a gig and were walking of stage when I got my leg caught up in steves guitar lead and nearly hit the deck (Laughs). Sagara, Childhood dreams, I always wanted to play drums in a band and I'm just so happy that it's worked out that way. As for the future more of the same would be nice. Westlow, No sorry we did not do that song (Every heart). Maguamaru I hope I've answerd some of your questions and I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way but I only saw Dr Katz about 6 months ago. When we wrote Duvet we really did not know much about anime. I cannot remember all of the questions but I will have another look and try to answer them all asap. Thanks everyone.

Old 07-10-2002, 01:54 AM   #33   [permalink]
Sagara
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Sagara
OMG, I didn't expected a reply this fast.
Thanks heaps!!!!
When do you think that you can get the rest fo the band on AB?
I really want to talk to Jasmine.

No rush, I can wait.

Last edited by Sagara; 07-10-2002 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:05 AM   #34   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
I'm a huge fan of Serial Experiments Lain and that's in no small part to the shockingly emotional opening theme. If there is one thing that I can count on when showing the anime to someone who has never seen it, it's that they'll love "Duvet."

Unfortunately, the only work I own from BOA is the CD that was included with the Lain Lunchbox set, which has "Duvet," "Twilight," "Fool," and a remix of the opening theme. CDNOW's list of your albums weighs heavily on the import side of things (being a lousy American and all *grin*). Of the CDs listed, which ones do you look back on with the most pride? Are there any ones you'd recommend to a BOA newcomer?

Thanks for joining Animeboards! Enjoy your stay.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:41 AM   #35   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
A quickie question:

Who are your musical influences?

(Edit: Aw, durnit. Zepp already asked this, but since I think Lee missed it and its actually not exclusively anime related, it warrents asking again IMO.)

Last edited by Kayay; 07-10-2002 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:56 AM   #36   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
The 4th Inuyasha ending theme song Every Heart was or was not done by you guys?
That is the other band from Avex Trax's other addition: BoA - a J-pop all-girl group who did the 4th ending NOT the same Boa who did Duvet. Just to clarify everyone's skeptics of who did what anime theme.

Above all, welcome to Animeboards Lee. I hope you enjoy your stay here
Old 07-10-2002, 06:05 AM   #37   [permalink]
Sagara
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Sagara
What about this song called "and then she kissed her"?
Which Boa is that by??
Old 07-10-2002, 09:33 AM   #38   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee (BOA)
Westlo, No sorry we did not do that song (Every heart).
Ah Ic a mix up on my behalf

That is the other band from Avex Trax's other addition: BoA - a J-pop all-girl group who did the 4th ending NOT the same Boa who did Duvet. Just to clarify everyone's skeptics of who did what anime theme.

I had no idea there was two Boas and when I first heard of Every Heart it was hey it's a song from the people who did Lain's opening. So i got mixed up oh well nvm me then.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:1