Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 08:17 PM   #16   [permalink]
Palchan
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Palchan
www.animeboards.com not www.w---erboards.com
My akas are UTD_Paladin, UTD01 (rocks!) UTD rocks! AnimeUNSW rocks! FF6 rocks! FF7 rocks! FF8 rocks! Rufus rocks! Laguna rocks! Seifer rocks! Irvine rocks! Lord of the Rings rocks! Gandalf rocks! Ranma rocks! AB rocks! Alone in the Dark rocks! Might and Magic rocks! Heroes of Might and Magic rocks! Money (Palchan's) rocks! Jaylah_Mae rocks! Rei IV rocks! Speedy rocks! Kawaii No Miko rocks! Pen2 rocks! PenPen2 rocks! Pelrun (even though he never posts) rocks! Palchan rocks! This signatire rocks! ^^
Old 12-06-2002, 11:39 PM   #17   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Old 13-06-2002, 03:41 AM   #18   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Quote:
Originally posted by Larisha UDG

i guess im just sick of seeing like 50 religion threads and only a few other threads...
By that logic GNAD should feature a 'TAKE THIS TEST!' subforum, a 'LETS ALL POST IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE' subforum, and MO should have a 'This should really go in GNAD' subforum and an 'Enough about you, let's talk about ME' subforum.

I am sick of most of these kinds of threads, but that alone is not reason for me to close them or for them to be shunted off to another forum. People are bound to have different opinions than you. If you don't like them, you can not read them, point out foibles in them, or better yet, create different types of threads yourself to stimulate non-religious conversation, or impale yourself on something. All of these would go some way towards relieving your problem.
Old 13-06-2002, 06:38 AM   #19   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32
the religion threads should be just banned no one really needs them waste of time and space i mean in the MO forum on the first page there are 4 religious threads and a cremation thread which would prolly turn into a religious thread as well, so for the sake of AB please ban those stupid religious threads and those who start them please stop strating them, they are irritatingly annoying and nobody really wants to read them apart from you, honestly
Old 13-06-2002, 08:56 AM   #20   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
I think all of the

'people hate me'

'people love me'

'ab sucks'

'im leaving'

'im back'

Threads in MO should be banned.

I think all of the non anime forum request threads should be banned from the forum request forum.

I think everyone that posts in GNAD should be banned.

Why? because they are irritatingly annoying and nobody really wants to read them apart from you, honestly.

Now a bit more seriously. You meantioned that there were currently 50 religious threads, now you meantion there are a mere 4 and a possible 5th. Hardly worthy of a forum of its own.

Secondly, you failed to see what Pen2 was telling you, so ill try be a bit mroe blunt.

YOU, that is Linna32 and company, do not have the right to ask for people to be banned simply because they start threads that you find irritating.

Secondly, if they are so irritating dont read them.

And lastly, anyone could possibly ask for any type of thread to be 'banned' becuase they dont like them. I can tell you now that will not happen here.

It is time for you (and here i mean everyone) to mature a bit and take responsibility for the threads you read here. If they irritate you, then close the browser and go onto another thread.

If they however break forum rules, then notify the mods and the threads will be closed, personal taste/preferences will not be a suitable cause for thread closure and complete 'banning' of certain types of threads.

ATh
Old 14-06-2002, 04:17 AM   #21   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Linna32
they are irritatingly annoying and nobody really wants to read them apart from you, honestly
If that were really the case, then no-one would reply to them now would they?

Yes, we've had a spike in religious threads of late. But trust me, when you've been around too damn long like ATh and I have you'll see that there's always a spike in something. It's a phase. It'll pass.
Old 14-06-2002, 09:16 AM   #22   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32
Quote:
Now a bit more seriously. You meantioned that there were currently 50 religious threads, now you meantion there are a mere 4 and a possible 5th. Hardly worthy of a forum of its own.
what i said was there are 4 threads just on the FIRST PAGE!!!!! and it just just bloody amazing how many threads like that there are(once again ON ONE PAGE)
Old 14-06-2002, 09:27 AM   #23   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
I wish i could complain like this everytime someone posts a similar thread in eva cc to ones which there are already multiple threads on.

This is a part of AB, each page displays about 20 threads, if only 4 are religiously inclined that means there are 15 that are not.

I would suggest that if you want these to drop down then you need to create interesting discussion in threads not related to religion.

I get the feeling people have said thing which you disagree with but you dont feel as though you can say that in the relevent threads.

Once again, Moderators of AB will not police the views and current discussions of AB, only threads/posts breaking rules are viable for closure.

ATh
Old 14-06-2002, 12:18 PM   #24   [permalink]
Shax
Forum Master

So which mod wanted to prove his point so badly that he moved all the religious threads on the 1st page of the MO forum to the closed threads forum?

...Actually, Well Done!
Old 14-06-2002, 02:29 PM   #25   [permalink]
Commander Fuyutsuki
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Commander Fuyutsuki Send a message via AIM to Commander Fuyutsuki
My guess is Pen2 was in a sadistic mood last evening. Seeing how they were closed commie style with no comment.

Keep your roasries off my ovaries!

This quote of the week brough to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon.
Old 14-06-2002, 10:14 PM   #26   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Actually, they were moved by The Lord Admin Himself.

Sweet irony.
Old 14-06-2002, 10:48 PM   #27   [permalink]
Shax
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Pen2
Actually, they were moved by The Lord Admin Himself.

Sweet irony.
I don't really doubt your statement, for I saw his username above the MO forum when the threads were moved. (Actually I thought he was trying to move them back. )
Old 15-06-2002, 02:31 PM   #28   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Quote:
Originally posted by ATh
I think Baragon has his budhist boards... im sure it wouldnt be too hard to find a link to that.

ATh
Well what about us poor Shintoists?

Anyway, I'm voting against this one… I mean first religion, then the enlightenment forum… Then the Science forum… Then the Religious forumers would shun the Science Forumers for their veiws and usurpe power from Eva2000, start an Anime Boards inqusition…-And start excuting(banning) all who don't belive in what they do…

Just a quick veiw on my part…
-Bishop Oro
Old 15-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #29   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

ANIME IS GOD

How's that for a religion?
Old 16-06-2002, 02:42 AM   #30   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

well lets list all these bastards who do post and sign a petition on getting them banned!!! lol