Old 14-09-2003, 05:22 PM   #1   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

Did anyone find Rizeltine..dodgy?

I recently saw a fansub of rizeltine which is a relitevely new anime taht hasnt been released in the west yet. Its a light hearted romantic comedy about a 12 year old girl called rizel who looks like chibi-usa who is mariied off to a gruff and unfriendly 15 year old teenager by the goverment. ( because shes some kind of bio weapon) anf of course she loves him but he hates her etc..

But what i found weird was the fact that this 12 year old girl rizel (who looks more like she's 8 or9) is constantly trying to sleep with this 15 year olf guy..and she does strange sexual things like dress up in bondage geer and run around the house naked in an apron. Granted this was funny but isnt that all a bit pedophillic?

if something like taht was made in the UK or the USA it would proabbrly be banned because it encouraged underage sex? if anyone seen it you'll know what i'm talking about.

"There's a molester in your bathroom"-Oh my Goddess

"Akito! come join me in the shower!-Nadesico
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2003, 05:35 PM   #2   [permalink]
APF
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to APF
I have yet to see it, but of course we all know that the Japanese are extremely sensitive to sexual situations involving children, so I'm sure you are mistaken.

Lolicon aside, is it any good?
APF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2003, 04:16 AM   #3   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

I found it quite amusing..but nearly every single reviewer on the net said it was awful. And to be honest the jokes arent that clever, most of it is slapstick violence or rizeltine crying which make sthe room explode *her power*.

Anyway if ya like that old american sitcom called "Genie" or whatever it was called you might find this funny, but if you have your eye on something else dont overstretch yourself to get it, but since its only avalaible fansubbed..what the hell? its free!

"There's a molester in your bathroom"-Oh my Goddess

"Akito! come join me in the shower!-Nadesico
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 01:30 PM   #4   [permalink]
Final_Eschelon
Executive Member

Stay far, far away from this anime. The idea of a 12-year old android girl something or other that cries nitroglycerin tears is funny for about 1 episode, then gets old quicker than Strom Thurmond. It is part of the really annoying "robot/android-maid/girlfriend" trend that seems to be so popular in anime right now. The story has some amusing, albiet wierd moments, but overall it deserves to be avoided like a zombie craving sweet, sweet brains.

Braaaiiiinnnnsss...

- Captain Murphy, "Sealab 2021"
Final_Eschelon is offline   Reply With Quote