Old 26-02-2002, 08:06 AM   #61   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Let me clarify this for everyone here who just tuned in.

There is a maximum of four per month, that way more people can contribute to the calender. But remember, only one of your original works is fine. If you have piles of fan art that we want to see before we post it up, send it to either Nairohe or me. In other words, the one who bags any one of the months will be chosen and assigned to it until the finish product.

And no, there wasn't any competition I was aware of earlier.

Just to update everyone:

- Proposed months by members: 7 April 2002
- Determine assigned months for members: 7 May 2002
- Final deadline to hand in your work: 26 October 2002
- The final product: date not determine but somewhere in November 2002...before Thanksgiving for you guys

The rules have been applied on one of my recent posts on this thread so keep your eyes out for it.

Hope that clears everything.
Old 26-02-2002, 08:14 AM   #62   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Forgot to add something to my post - Can everyone please smack in important dates to us please? NOT AB members' birthdays.
Old 26-02-2002, 05:58 PM   #63   [permalink]
Destinygal
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Destinygal
one more thing... does the person scetching the drawing have to CG it.. cause i suck at CGing... maybe one of u more professional ppls could.. lol

"Dang it honey, the toaster is not working!!! It wont turn on!" *wife walks over to husband to inspect the toaster* "Honey, you have to plug it in first."

they will hunger no more, and thirst no more. The sun will not strike them, nor any scorching heat, For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepard, And He will guide them to the springs of the waters of life, And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes -Revelation 7; 16-17

Last edited by Destinygal; 26-02-2002 at 06:02 PM.
Destinygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2002, 06:25 PM   #64   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kawaii_No_Miko
The hell?!?

Do you know how big that is Jet-hun? Exactly 2.1cm x 2.97cm ie. VERY small!

A4 = 29.7cm (75.4") x 21cm (53.3")

.... if I am not mistaken the common conversion standard =

2.54 cm = 1 inch or .394 inch = 1cm

29.7 cm divided by 2.54 = aprox. 11.7 inches
21 cm divided by 2.54 = aprox. 8.27 inches

thus... A4 is very close to the US standard "Letter" size of 8.5 by 11 inches.

SamIam
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 10:48 AM   #65   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Destinygal
one more thing... does the person scetching the drawing have to CG it.. cause i suck at CGing... maybe one of u more professional ppls could.. lol
Well....I myself don't know much on CG-ing work and I'm still too new on photoshop as well. But give it your best shot, no one is pushing you to make it a perfected piece of work. Oh and to everyone out there, make sure that your work have to be inked as well. etching it in either chracoal and pacer (lead even) can be VERy tough for the picture to stand out.

Meanwhile, thanks for the conversion, Sam. Geez, now I know I my maths has gone downhill.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:05 PM   #66   [permalink]
AP 2002
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to AP 2002 Send a message via AIM to AP 2002
Red face ...sighs.....Here I go again....

Hey...Chikiboo or Kawaii_No_Miko....I only have one question, where can u view this "Calendar" once is done, Sorry for the Newbie Question, but I've only been around here, for a Month....so excuse my stupidity...

I'm Apocalypse...A spirit from the dark realms of Darkness...So, I finally decided to try something new and join in a Anime Board. I Love to draw Anime, and one day I hope to become a artist on Japanese Animation.....(AP!)

http://www.theotaku.com/gundam/pictures/shot3.jpg

Last edited by AP 2002; 04-03-2002 at 10:08 PM.
AP 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 12:38 AM   #67   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Since Chikiboo has given me this project to me, I'll answer this for you. Once I gather everyone's work before the deadline and sort everything out with Nairohe and Chikiboo, then you'll get to view your stuff on the calender...well everyone's participated work.
Old 05-03-2002, 12:50 AM   #68   [permalink]
Girliegirl

Wow, so this is a fairly ambitious project! =D I'd love to chip in, and add a page of my own, you can check out my site for samples of my art n' stuff. =) Just tell me where, and when, and if there's a theme for the months!
Old 05-03-2002, 01:04 AM   #69   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

The themes for each is as per usual. Halloween, easter, christmas, summer, winter, you name it.

But the max for each month is four people only.

Remeber to submit your months as soon as yo can. some places are pretty much filled up at this moment so throw in a month ASAP.

Meanwhile can everyone please throw in dates NOW!

It can be AB related (NOT members birthdays please), american, asian OR australian holidays as well.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:23 PM   #70   [permalink]
Nefla

Send a message via AIM to Nefla
Thumbs up

Interesting, I'd like to see it when it's done ^_^
Nefla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:49 PM   #71   [permalink]
Chikiboo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Chikiboo Send a message via AIM to Chikiboo
Miko if someone really S*CK at CG I mean he's really but really bad (I doubt anyone is at that point you shoud try before) at least he can arrange his draw to e un-sketchy and put some esthical backgroung colors ... shadings ... well to give it some style at least ... you decide Miko .... Remember it's a finished work we need ...
I almost finished mine ....

ProjetAkira : You're obsession with DDR and willingness to give me pictures of a male you, have made you AB's most frightening member EVER ....

:bow: @ Usagi^.^ : Anata wa MEGAMI-SAMA !!! :bow:

now you cant deny it.
Chikiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2002, 07:32 AM   #72   [permalink]
Sinix

What, i want in on the fun..what can i work on for you?

I should be able to do something very good with so much time.

Id really like something either Fall or Winter, Decembers good, Thanksgiving, or Halloween. Whatever of those you people need.

Last edited by Sinix; 13-03-2002 at 07:36 AM.
Sinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2002, 07:56 AM   #73   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Exclamation DEADLINES soon and other stuff updated

For my imouto-chan, Chikiboo: If anyone has problems on CG-ing their work, here are two solutions: I'll give the person the tutorials on how to do it, if they have the required programs that is. ie. Adobe Photoshop 5+.

OR

...If they wanted to paint it, make sure its dark enough to scan it in so that way it won't be hard for myself and the judges (that I'll personally select)

For Sinix: You have to read the following rules on creating your month. But please, anything besides hentai...not like the last pic you just did on your "kitty" thread.

I hate being a constant reminder to everyone but here are the rules once again:

- Absolutely no hentai or any kinky stuff. That goes with any weird tentacles if you have something else in mind.
- If you want to share one month, consult with the organiser (me) of the calenders and they will work something out. The max will be 4 users only.
- No gory parts in the calender. We are promoting the brighter, good side of AB. NOT promoting violence.
- Try not to make it TOO small. It will be very hard for the person in charge of the printing to organise the entire calender alone.
- Golden rule: The content has to be of YOUR original content. We don't want to be sued by the original artists like anyone from Clamp, Watase Yuu, etc.

And the dates...(updated!)
- Proposed months by members: 7 April 2002 The deadline is due in 3 1/2 weeks please advise me as soon as you can and no later then 7th April 2002.

- Final months to be booked by members: 7 May 2002
- Final deadline to hand in your work: 14 August 2002

Undetermine
- The final product: No later then November 2002
Old 13-03-2002, 11:37 AM   #74   [permalink]
Nefla

Send a message via AIM to Nefla
Exclamation

Well since I was cordially invited...(lol)
Can I do June?
Nefla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2002, 05:48 PM   #75   [permalink]
Destinygal
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Destinygal
Lets see... i'd like to do July... if that's not already taken *cant remember* .. lol. I got grounded... heh heh.. so i havn't been on lately.... But, if i do July have a back up pic ready cause mine will suck.. *has no faith in anything she does* ...

n way, yeah. Audios, Ciao.

-Bunnie-Chan

"Dang it honey, the toaster is not working!!! It wont turn on!" *wife walks over to husband to inspect the toaster* "Honey, you have to plug it in first."

they will hunger no more, and thirst no more. The sun will not strike them, nor any scorching heat, For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepard, And He will guide them to the springs of the waters of life, And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes -Revelation 7; 16-17
Destinygal is offline   Reply With Quote