Old 16-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #1   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami-X
Post Animeboards Restructure

This is not an addition to John's many threads about 'The Great Revival!', just a request of Eva2k and admins/mods.
There are many unused forums and sub-forums that seem to be cluttering the entire website, many of which are hardly ever used (the Perfect Dark forum is my hidden home where I keep asking if people still play the game...)
Maybe a restructure of the forum culture would bring current posters closer together and new members feel more acknowledged when more people can find/respond to their questions and queries.

Many forums can be dumped and archived cleaning the appearance of the site itself and then being easier to navigate. I usually wouldn't type so much but I felt this was an important issue to share.
This is no demand, and I understand the kind of work it takes to make an idea like this happen so if it's restructured GREAT!, if not then this thread never happened

Tsunami-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #2   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

This is a brilliant, brilliant idea. One of the best! . A fantastic little tactic that would surely boost activity by making AnimeBoards appear more lively. A suggestion that is reminiscent of that seen in my SWOT analysis last year (http://www.animeboards.com/showpost....postcount=15):

Quote:
1. Ruthlessly cut down the number of sub-forums as a temporary measure to concentrate posting activity within fewer forums, thus leading to the impression of a more lively board. For example, cut down the number of anime sub-forums to 1 or 2. There is always the option of adding back sub-forums once there is enough activity to justify this.
Tsunami-X: great minds think alike!
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #3   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Many people had this idea, including myself back when E2k was canvassing opinion on it. It's in his hands now.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #4   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by Pen2 View Post
Many people had this idea, including myself back when E2k was canvassing opinion on it. It's in his hands now.
If that's the case, nothing will get done.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #5   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Pen2 View Post
Excellent, this great idea is supported by the mods as well! . As I said, Pen2, great minds think alike!

Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
If that's the case, nothing will get done.
Do not fear BK. I have yet to implement my arsenal of new, as yet secret, strategies. When there's life, there's hope. .
Old 17-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #6   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
Do not fear BK. I have yet to implement my arsenal of new, as yet secret, strategies. When there's life, there's hope. .
Annoy everybody twice as hard? That won't work. You need a newer more secretive super strategy.

I understand why he wouldn't want to mess with the site. Seems like such as pain in the ass for such little gain. You can always trust someone to do it for you but there's no telling what they could do with software they don't understand, destroy the board even.

Old 18-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #7   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X View Post
Annoy everybody twice as hard? That won't work. You need a newer more secretive super strategy.
O ye of little faith. Must you be so negative? My secret strategies will be thoughtful and considerate towards others. Watch this space. .

I understand why he wouldn't want to mess with the site. Seems like such as pain in the ass for such little gain. You can always trust someone to do it for you but there's no telling what they could do with software they don't understand, destroy the board even.
Why do you think it would be such a pain in the ass to archive sub-forums? . You've proposed a great, great idea in this thread. Why are you bending over backwards to downplay your greatness?
Old 18-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #8   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
That would be the best plan ever if we could also fix one other small problem:
The lack of active discussions about interesting subjects. That's what REALLY makes this place feel like a graveyard. If we could fix that, everything would be as good as new!
kamikazefstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #9   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Why do you think it would be such a pain in the ass to archive sub-forums? . You've proposed a great, great idea in this thread. Why are you bending over backwards to downplay your greatness?
I'm bending more to the side. I think there's a lot more going on in the background that we don't see, it's probably pretty time consuming. Not saying it shouldn't be done but I would probably procrastinate doing it too. Too much life happening.

Old 18-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #10   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by kamikazefstorm View Post
The lack of active discussions about interesting subjects. That's what REALLY makes this place feel like a graveyard. If we could fix that, everything would be as good as new!
There's an awsome discussion about wonder woman somewhere. That big dude was smacking her around pretty hard

Old 19-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #11   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

And that is where my new secret strategies will have a critical role to play. Together with the help of Eva2k and the mods, we can make this place truly great.

Where once was despair, hope;
Darkness, light.
Life and death in a wondrous battle;
Let us take flight.

I think there's a lot more going on in the background that we don't see, it's probably pretty time consuming. Not saying it shouldn't be done but I would probably procrastinate doing it too. Too much life happening.
How long do you think it takes to archive inactive sub-forums, i.e. realise your great idea?

There's an awsome discussion about wonder woman somewhere. That big dude was smacking her around pretty hard
That was one awesome thread. I nearly achieved enlightenment upon reading it!
Old 21-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #12   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

That was one awesome thread. I nearly achieved enlightenment upon reading it!
WHERE?!
Old 21-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #13   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

WHERE?!
Check Members Only. Be prepared; you may discover the meaning to life.
Old 22-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #14   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

..................I have the sudden urge to massacre zombies.
Old 22-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #15   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Left4Dead?