Old 21-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #541   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Azumanga Daioh Eps 1-26: One of the funniest series I've seen in an age. I don't normally go for comedy anime, but this one had me in stitches from start to finish. A wonderful slice-of-life show revolving around a load of school girls; the characters are great, the situations they get themselves into are hilarious, & my fave character is Sakaki - her love of cats who in turn hate her cracks me up. Ace little series.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 01:21 PM   #542   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
My HiME
Kyo Kara Daoh (God? Save our King)
Fullmetal Alchemist (just finished)

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #543   [permalink]
Stingray 67
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Stingray 67
Moonphase
I got the starter [box, cards, DVD] a few weeks ago.... looking forward to the rest of the series [I'd LOve to see the OVA]

"Brace yourselves.... The area of penetration will no doubt be sensitive." - Spock

Now supporting:
Brainfuzz
Stingray 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #544   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Madlax Eps 1-26: I have just re-watched this series for the second time. The first time I watched it, I didn't find the series as engaging (character-wise) as it's more popular stablemate Noir; on second viewing however, I found that the more coherant plot, coupled with my increased interest in the characters made the whole series a lot more enjoyable second time around.

A lot of people have said that Madlax is merely a re-hash/clone of Noir, but due to the inclusion of the fantasical/magic element (which I understood better this time around) that it's predecessor lacks, I feel that the series deserves to be judged on it's own merits.

On the whole, I enjoyed Madlax as much as I enjoyed Noir; the 'girls with guns' genre is one of my favourites, & series of that genre that actually stretch your mind aren't as common as I'd like, e.g., compare with Najica Blitz Tactics & Burst Angel.

Old 28-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #545   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Originally Posted by EVA fiend
Ikki Tousen aka Battle Vixens Eps 1-13: This is probably one of the dumbest series I've seen in a long time. Fanservice, fighting, fanservice, more fighting, & yet more fanservice held together by an extremely flimsy plot, though PWP would probably be more apt (I don't understand why they used Chinese history for the plot). As for character development, it's minimal at best (not that much of a surprise really). The only thing that saves this show in my eyes in the main character Hakufu, primarily because her blatant stupidity made me laugh loads. Other than that, this show is very vapid.

Well, here's some good news for you!!

http://www.ikkitousen.com/

Boy, I can't wait!! More fanservice!! In all honesty, it's the not one of the best fighting anime by a longshot, but it stuck to it's formula and turned out to be a somewhat entertaining show.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #546   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Originally Posted by ACE2001
Well, here's some good news for you!!

http://www.ikkitousen.com/

Boy, I can't wait!! More fanservice!! In all honesty, it's the not one of the best fighting anime by a longshot, but it stuck to it's formula and turned out to be a somewhat entertaining show.
Meh, the news has been all over ANN - can't really say that I'm all that surprised that the series got a sequel, coz fanservice sells, especially in Japan.
Will I watch it if it comes out over here? I don't know to be honest, can't see myself watching the first series again anytime soon (though Hakufu's antics did make me laugh), but if Kanu is in it again (the girl with the big spear), I may just *cough*download it*cough* instead.

Old 09-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #547   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Ergo Proxy Eps 1-4: A very intriguing beginning to a series I've wanted to see since I first heard about it earlier this year. The animation style is very cool-looking, & the way the plot is unfolding is refreshing & keeping me interested too; looks like the storyline to this series is definately going to be multi-layered. Looking forward to the next DVD. ^_^

Shrine of the Morning Mist Eps 1-26: Yet another series I bought because it was very cheap (at less than UKú10 it was rude not to). It's a fairly formuliac shinto priestess/magical girl series, similar in execution to Pretear. But whereas I found Pretear to be rather souless, Shrine of the Morning Mist was far more engaging due to the more interesting characters. It's light & fluffy & didn't tax the brain too much, but entertaining nonetheless. Oh, even though it has 26 episodes, each episode is only 13 minutes long, so the series isn't as long as you might think.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #548   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

Just not long started watching Bleach, up to Episode 12, seems pretty good so far.
Old 22-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #549   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Silent Mobius Eps 1-26: I was looking for the movie on DVD when I stumbled across this. I read the first 4 volumes of the manga series years & years ago, & I had the movie on VHS as a ropey old fansub, so I was intrigued to see how the TV series went. Very reminescent of the original Bubblegum Crisis 2032-33 OAV, right down to the late 80's style of animation even though the series aired in 1998. It starts off fairly generically enough, but ups the ante by having far more character development than I had originally expected. It's also quite comical in places, far more than I thought it would be though the overall tone of the series is still dark. Unfortunately, the story-telling is uneven, & several plot points are eluded to but never expanded upon which I found to be annoying. The ending also seems very rushed, especially the final episode where they tried to tie up loose plot threads, only to make the last episode feel rather incoherant.
Overall, I enjoyed what I saw, but the rushed ending spoils the series somewhat.

Armitage III OAV & Dual-Matrix: Finally replaced my old VHS of the OAV with the DVDs, & I enjoyed the OAV more this time in original Japanese; parts of the plot which completely eluded me in the dub became clear in the subbed version. As for Dual Matrix, eh, why did they make this? Some very nice action set pieces but on the whole it seems rather pointless really.

Blood the Last Vampire: I've seen this before, but I'll say it again, why is this so short?! >_<

Shakugan no Shana Eps 5-8: The series is picking up the pace a bit more, great re-match battle between the two Flame Hazes, though I'm still not sure about where this series wants to go.

Fate/Stay Night Eps 1-4: A great beginning to a series that has been my most anticipated R1 release of this year. The animation is very nice to look at, the fight scenes are very cool, & the whole way the plot is unfolding is great too. Saber is my favourite character at the mo, she is dead cool, & I love the invisible sword. Looking forward to the next DVD.

Old 27-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #550   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Currently rewatching my favorite OAV series of all time the mighty
GIANT ROBO!
Which is a gift I bought myself for Christmas.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #551   [permalink]
xfracture

I am currently re-watching some of my favorite classics such as Nadia, Maison Ikkoku, KOR, etc.
xfracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #552   [permalink]
Cell14

I am currently watching these:

Dragonballz
Naruto
DragonballGT
Cell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #553   [permalink]
Cell14

In order too!

Last edited by Cell14; 31-12-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Cell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #554   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
I'm watching, Chrno Crusade, Lain, and Bleach.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #555   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

New series : Death Note,Kanon 2006,Otome wa Boki ni Koishiteru

Older series : Shura no Toki,Slayers Try