Old 06-05-2007, 04:34 AM   #601   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Currently watching:
Bleach
Kotetsu sangokushi
Claymore(about to drop it though cause its going nowhere)
Lovely complex
Lucky star
Kaze no stigma(also on the drop list)
Nodame Cantabile
Seto no Hayaname
Tengen toppa gurren-lagann
Darker than black(on the virge of being dropped)
Moonlight mile
Toward the terra
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 AM   #602   [permalink]
Cookiepop

Just finished watching episode 1 of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. When I get it back I'll also rewatch Evangelion.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #603   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Shakugan no Shana Eps 17-20: Another good batch of episodes. Some great character interaction, particularly for Yuji, Shana & Kazumi Yoshida, but also some interesting developments for the minor characters too. The OP theme has changed, but I don't know (yet) whether I like it more than the previous OP theme. I'm kinda sad that there are only 4 more episodes to go *sniff* but why do I have to wait till July for the final DVD?!

Outlaw Star Eps 1-26: This is a blast from the past. I originally saw this series dubbed on CNX/Toonami(??) on UK cable TV. I enjoyed it then, but I enjoyed it much more in Japanese, as I no longer found Jim & Aisha annoying (I didn't like their dubbed voices). A great sci-fi show, & a fun little series all round.

Angelic Layer Eps 1-26: Another cheapo title I bought on a whim, that is light & fluffy, cheesy & predictable, but utterly charming nonetheless. The storyline is rather silly, but the kawaii characters & the awesome Angel fights put a huge smile on my face throughout it all. I was enjoying it so much that I watched all 26 episodes over 2 days. If Angelic Layer was a game in the real world, I'd definately be playing it!

Kaleido Star Eps 1-26: This series is an example of why I love buying anime on a whim. I've heard nothing but praise for this show, but I didn't really know anything about it aside from it being set around a 'circus'. The first episode hooked me, & I spent all day yesterday watching the entire series. The characters themselves are endearing (Layla is my fave, she's awesome), the storyline is great with loads of twists & turns, & the character drama was spot on too. I know there is a second season (Kaleido Star: New Wings, currently having a R1 release), but I was still annoyed by the rather abrupt ending. Gah, I'll have to wait for the rest of it now.
A heartwarming & truely 'Amazing' series.

And I also re-watched eps 9-12 of Kannazuki no Miko. Love the angst.

Originally Posted by Mystical Saria
Have you started Mai-Otome yet?
Not yet. I'm trying to be good & not d/l it, so I have pre-ordered the R1 release of vol. 1 with artbox.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #604   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
After War Gundam X. Tomorrow I will also start Brain Powered. Finished Gunbuster this past weekend...really enjoyed it.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #605   [permalink]
kareebo

hmm now i am watching Dragonballs and also rewatching Yugioh: waking the dragons
Old 12-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #606   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Claymore, Naruto Shippuden and Bleach... such a diverse range of anime titles... claymore rocks though.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #607   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

Haven't watched any anime in a while, but I plan on watching Excel Saga soon. In the mean time, I'm watching Alias all over again. Currently into season 2.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #608   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Man, it's been a month again since I last logged on. >_<

Jubei-Chan the Ninja Girl Eps 1-13: Legendary swordsman Yagyu Jubei gets 'reborn' as a Japanese school girl. I was expecting this show to be nothing but a slapstick comedy with added fanservice, but it actually has rather more to it. It is undoubtedly a comedy (the animation style varies wildly dependant on the mood being conveyed at the time), but the comedic skits don't sit all that well with the more serious elements of the plot IMO, so overall, the pacing & story-telling is uneven. Not a bad series by any means, but it hasn't made me want to buy the second season anytime soon.

The Gokusen Eps 1-13: Yet another cheap-ass title (US$16 including shipping from the US), about 'Yankumi', a high school teacher by day & the 'ojou' of a yakuza clan by night. It's formuliac in it's execution, but the great characters make up for it IMO. Very funny, especially 'ojou's' goons.

Fate/Stay Night Eps 9-12: Awesome 4 episodes, I know which Epic Hero Saber is now. Like Shakugan no Shana, this series has not disappointed me, & has delivered with each DVD so far. I hope it can keep up it's great momentum for the latter half of the series. Looking forward to the next DVD.

Maria-sama ga Miteru Eps 1-26 & OVA 1-3: The quintessential shoujo-ai soap opera (or so I've been told) about the relationships between 'onesamas' & their 'petite soeurs' in a Catholic all girl's school. This is a purely character driven series, that basically has no real plot. This series is just a bit too sedate for my liking though. The character drama is great (love the angst), but due to the lack of truely antagonistic characters, the show is lacking something. It's spiritual successor Strawberry Panic! (also set inside an all girls school), was more silly, cliche, & exaggerated, but a lot more fun to watch IMO. I am enjoying it though, it is pure shoujoai to the hilt, & the (overblown) melodrama between the characters is what has kept my interest. It doesn't have the pacing of Strawberry Panic! but the character interaction is better handled IMO. Love Sei-sama, she's bloody awesome.

Mahoromatic Eps 1-12: A combat android retires from war to become a school boy's maid. Why do the Japanese like maids so much? And fanservice galore!! Considering Ganiax had a hand in producing this, I shouldn't have been surprised, but that bloody lecherous teacher gives me the damn creeps. Second season is waiting to be watched.

GitS:SAC & 2nd Gig Eps 1-52: I originally watched both of these series as they were being released piecemeal in the US, but I haven't watched both series back-to-back before. Have to say that I have a much better appreciation of the series now. The way the plots weave & thread together is amazing, making it one of the better political dramas I've ever seen. Can't wait for Solid State Society.

I also re-watched the original GitS movie & Innocence too, & they are rather poor & lacklustre by comparision. Jaw dropping animation (especially Innocence), but not much else really when compared to the TV series.

Aquarian Age Eps 1-13: A messy & garbled show about supernatural forces fighting for dominance in modern day Tokyo. This show was a chore to get through, primarily because I felt nothing for the main characters in the series. That, coupled with the fact that there were way too many characters/factions popping up in a 13 episode series, made the whole thing rather incoherant & disjointed. Too many plot points were unexplained, & the ending was just 'meh'. A waste of time IMO, although there was one aspect that I did like about this series, & that was Yuki Kaijura's musical score. Like all of her works, it's simply awesome. What a pity the anime it's attached to was crap.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #609   [permalink]
silverwind

Full Metal Panic, Azumanga Daioh and Chrono Crusade.

Last edited by silverwind; 11-06-2007 at 09:50 PM.
silverwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #610   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Taes of Symphoni OVA, I should make a thread.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #611   [permalink]
silverwind

-Burst Angel: episodes 18-23

-Cowboy Bebop: episode 5-7
Old 25-06-2007, 03:05 AM   #612   [permalink]
Nokari
Forum Master

Oh boy have I been busy..

Naruto Shippuuden
Death Note
Claymore
Fate Stay Night
Turn A Gundam

Currently downloading Coyote Ragtime Show
Just finished Kurau Phantom Memory, which in my opinion is one of the best anime's I've seen in a while.

Last edited by Nokari; 25-06-2007 at 03:07 AM.
Nokari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #613   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
Turn A Gundam
GunxSword
Vampire Princess tv
Boogiepop Phantom
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:28 AM   #614   [permalink]
Nokari
Forum Master

Finished Turn A Gundam
Finished 08th MS Team Gundam
Finished Death Note (couldn't have ended any better)

Starting Mushi-shi
Starting Midori no Hibi
Starting Coyote Ragtime Show

Currently watching Gundam F91 (movie)

Originally Posted by dalmain
Turn A Gundam
GunxSword
Vampire Princess tv
Boogiepop Phantom
What do you think of Turn A? I really like the animation and style, but there are some things about that show that are either really hard to understand or some things seem to happen for no reason.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #615   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Let's see

Code Geass 1-23 - Sunrise make up for decades of crap gundams with this series, wtb 24+25 and second season asap!! No suprise who directed it, he's done the only good animes Sunrise has produced since the Bones split.

Seirei No Moribito 1-13 - Looks like being 2007s Junni Kokki, in being a top notch quality fantasy anime that's pretty much ignored because it has no lolis lol.

Gurren Lagann 1-14 - Gainaxs best effort since Gunbuster, wtb soundtrack!!!

Claymore 1-14 - Great manga to anime adapation, now the fun really begins.

Darker Than Black 1-4 - Interesting enough, could become great or fall into mediocrity
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote