Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #661   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
JUst finishing watching the Veandread series(2x) I don't know what to watch next....suggestions?
Grave of the Fireflies. This is 1 billion times better than Vandread.

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X View Post
I've seen there are a lot of crazy discussions in the Eva forum so I want to see what this is all about.
You have crazy discussions because the average Eva fan is a crazy trying to resolve mental problems on messageboard forums, under a fake persona that tries desperately to be deep and meaningful (in reality childish and intellectually crippled).

However, feel free to make lots of threads in the Eva forums with your thoughts on the series. As usual, I will strive to contribute to anyone's thread with words of wisdom. Also note that I am the world authority when it comes to Evangelion and correctly predicted Eva 2.0's plot-lines before it even came out. .

Originally Posted by Hardcover View Post
I just started watching Negima, and I'm already addicted to it. I've thought about picking up the manga. I've never gotten into Love Hina the way everyone else had, but I'm enjoying this. I'm not a big fan of straight love stories, but this one blends it with fantastic elements and goofy comedy in a manner that I usually like. Fun, and the dub isn't bad.
I never really liked Love Hina either. Keitaro Urashima typifies what is wrong with the latte-sipping, so-called "enlightened" middle-class college student in modern society. It's sickening and deals a huge blow to the existential pathos that struggles to become reality in the age of conformism and mass-consumer culture.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #662   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Currently watching Eureka 7 on the recommendation of some friends. Also going to start Gurren Lagann in the near future. Been awhile since I've watched anything and it's nice to watch some mecha anime again.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #663   [permalink]
Hardcover

I just started watching Coyote Ragtime Show, which I'm enjoying. Great animation and fun shady characters in the mold of Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon. Not to mention all those cool goth lolita robot assassins. So far, the plot is keeping me interested.
Hardcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 02:20 AM   #664   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Watching the current iteration of the Guyver. It's completely brainless entertainment but again it's entertainment and good background noise while I work. Also it seems to get more and more violent with every episode. Woohoo!
Old 15-07-2009, 04:26 AM   #665   [permalink]
Lincoln_6E

Talking

I'm rewatching Astro Boy, lol
Lincoln_6E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 04:34 AM   #666   [permalink]
Lincoln_6E

Talking

I'm rewatching Astro Boy, lol
Lincoln_6E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 03:21 AM   #667   [permalink]
direking

Originally Posted by Safer-Sephiroth View Post
I have just started to watch rorouni kenshin, although why I hadn't started watching it earlier, I have no idea
i'm also watching rorouni kenshin now, how do you feel about it?
direking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #668   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Originally Posted by direking View Post
i'm also watching rorouni kenshin now, how do you feel about it?
The first season was ok

Second season Rocked to no end

Third season did not follow manga and was full of major suckage

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #669   [permalink]
crazyplay

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Ganzo
crazyplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #670   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Finished the latest Guyver series and thought the ending obviously anticipated a second season that was never made. It was really badly paced. I honestly wish that they had done an actual story arc for the series which they didn't. It should have been a loose adaptation instead of a more literal one.

Watching Gurren Lagann right now. I'm really enjoying how well animated this series is. I'll probably post something in the Gurren Lagann thread later.

Rewatching Tenchi though watching it for the first time without the Cartoon Network censorship. It's been funny to see how much got cut out of the show.
Old 29-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #671   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Let's see...Im watching...

Guin Saga
Princess Lover!
CAANAN
Tears to Tiara
Needless
Bakemonogatari
Element Hunters
Phantom- Requeim for Phantom
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #672   [permalink]
Hardcover

I just finished up watching Divergence Eve and its sequel The Masaki Chronicles: Basically, like Gravion, the show was about boobs, but it had a more interesting and invoving storyline the Gravion's rather hackneyed plot.

I also just finished watching the first volume of Mobile Suit Gundam 00, which I like quite a bit. So far, its a worthy follow up Gundam Seed. And I just started watching Macross Forntier, which is also pretty good so far, much more interesting the Macross 7 (which still leaves a bad taste in my mouth).

Oh, and since I'm currently addicted to the manga Chibi Vampire, I've been watching Karin, which I like, but they make it much cutesier then the manga and it kinda dilutes the story a lot.
Hardcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #673   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
ANother Update !

so far ive been watching some pretty awsome anime

Tutor Hitman Reborn! this show is awsome! wAtch it

Rideback : Intro was done by Mell who also did the OP for Skygirls. I love this show! Girls and mechs go together like cheese steaks and philly

School Rumble! it starts out slow but its sweet and funny..

Gurren Lagann If you havent seen it yet....you suck

ill be watching Vipers Creed when its subbed. the mech designs are done by the same guy who did Mega Zone 23 ..i love transforming bikes!!! btw is this the new fad ?

hey hardCover your gona love Macross Frontier...its the best series in the macross franchise so far ..period i actually liked it better than
Gundam 00

Last edited by Steathassasn; 17-09-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Steathassasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #674   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Originally Posted by Steathassasn View Post
ANother Update !

ill be watching Vipers Creed when its subbed. the mech designs are done by the same guy who did Mega Zone 23 ..i love transforming bikes!!! btw is this the new fad ?
I dont think so Megazone 23 is from the 1970's i believe but i did love the show.

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #675   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I'm watching The Sacred Blacksmith and Princess Lover.

The Sacred Blacksmith seems like a fun series. I'm not expecting much from this storywise, but I'm enjoying it.

Princess Lover
got me hooked on the first episode. Its a pity that it has gone downhill from there. I've watched 7 episode hoping that it will get better but it hasn't. I don't really care about rich, stuck up brats.