Old 14-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #16   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I somehow agree with Pengi_ken-ohki.While Love Hina is a little bit more childish,avoiding Naru's insecurity and jealousy behind punching Keitaro,Onegai Teacher went directly to the heart of the matter,exploring a full relationship;marriage,sex,living together;the works.Love Hina is simply not that deep.What I personally didn't like about Love Hina is how Keitaro does all the work.Oh sure,Naru helps with his homework and does that usual anime-girl-smile-that-somehow-justifies-all-the-male-abuse-and-makes-her-look-loving-and-caring,but she never really tries to further their relationship,save when she jumps after Keitaro.

Myself I would have liked him better with Mutsumi,not because she could be a "submissive housewife" but because she gives him the respect he deserves.

Going back to Onegai Teacher,there we can feel a real two-sided love,with both of them trying to make it evolve.
Old 14-11-2003, 07:46 PM   #17   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrakasa
My problem with Narusegawa stems from the fact that she does all these terrible things to Keitaro, when he often does nothing wrong at all.... I think it is a twisted vision of love if a guy cannot even speak to another girl without commiting some sort of crime....

Actually most of the time Keitaro is on top of the other girl... Staring at her breasts... or walking in on a naked girl...

If you want this to be more truthful? Well then imagine Keitaro getting SLAPPED... Really hard... ~_~

Of course these situations are exagerated in the same porpotion as Naru's super human strength... But in the end you ought to see that Keitaro is probably just a masochist...

But It makes me giggle to think that you actually believe Please Teacher is more like Real Life... If your wife sees you going out with another girl, you should expect a divorce.

~_~

You're a chick right? Cos you're going the right way for a hitting-on. :tsk:

Onegai Sensei is not realistic anime in the very literal sense that you're interpretting me. It is a TRUTHFUL anime. Ignore humour and superficial things like mother hitting on son in law. At every point when she has done such an action, it has been to FORCE a more truthful relationship between Kei and Mizuho.

Remove anything about the characters or storyline. Just look at the themes, messages etc in the anime. THAT is the truthful part. The way we sometimes hurt each other, or the way different people deal with pain. Love triangles are also all too common in our society.

Love Hina has no truth to its relationship at all. The guy is flimsy and clingy. He loves Narusegawa based on a childhood promise..not on who she is. She shows him no respect or understanding at all. She acts like she loves him, but doesnt ever even once give him a chance nor apologise when she's hit him for no good reason.

Love, in my view, is something built by 2 people. Which is why I cant ------- stand these anime which seem to put all the responsibility on the male. 'Balance' is achieved of course, by having the female ACCEPT the guy. Its like, WTF!!?? the male has to put in shittonnes of effort, and the girl gets ta just sit back and simply choose if she wants him or not. How many times did Keitaro confess to Naru and her not care?

Furthermore, look at Keitaro and Naru's reactions to them dating or showing interest in others. Keitaro doesnt hit Naru for that Kentaro character.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 05:52 AM   #18   [permalink]
Kyrakasa
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Keitaro doesnt hit Naru .-Penguin Cabbit-

Now for the last 3 or 4 posts you've pointed out that Keitaro doesn't punch Naru, and the reason I've not answered this is because it seems pointless to me...

What's your point? Is it supposed to help your arguement?

The one simple reason is because Love Hina means love Hurts... It's a comedy... And in the society we live in, when Guys get beat by a girl it's funny~! And when Girls win by ALOT... It's really Really Funny~!

The reason for this is because the age old belief that girls are inferior to guys still permeates our society... and when there is a guy that simply doesn't "Deserve" to be a guy, then people laugh...

Now in Serious Anime's such as RahXephon or Saikano when a guy punches/slaps a girl it has a very Serious dramatic Effect.

It happens very seldomly and maybe only once an entire series... This adds to the effect... It's that simple...

I hope I've cleared everything up for you... Love Hina is comedy... as is Onegai teacher...

The reason Love Hina is so popular is because Keitaro gets beat up every 5 minutes... The audience becomes numb to the super human strengths of the girls and simply laugh at the situations that keitaro get's into...

How many times did Keitaro confess to Naru and her not care?-Artic Cabbit-

Um... Naru ussually blushes when Keitaro shows affection...

Love Hina has no truth to its relationship at all. The guy is flimsy and clingy. He loves Narusegawa based on a childhood promise..not on who she is. She shows him no respect or understanding at all. She acts like she loves him, but doesnt ever even once give him a chance nor apologise when she's hit him for no good reason. -Fuzzy Cabbit-

[b]Ok Mr Cabbit ~_~

I've found your problem... You're problem isn't that NAru is a "b%ch" but that Keitaro is flmsy and cling...

Keitaro isn't who you want him to be... "super stud"

and Naru has plenty of reasons to Punch Keitaro...

~_~

Kyrakasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2003, 01:45 PM   #19   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

Only a complete ------- hits someone who doesn't deserve it.
Naru doesn't even bother trying to find out the how or the why of any of the "negative" situations she finds Keitaro in. The fists go a flyin' first. That's just wrong. Keitaro should have hit the bitch back and kicked her out of hinata inn. She is abusive. She is petty. She is cruel. She is outright mean.

Her acts of violence stopped being funny after the third episode. Anyone being abused is stupid. I kept on wishing Keitaro would just hit her back. She deserved a slap in the face. A nice backhand with a good snap in the wrist.
Old 15-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #20   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I have to admit I really liked when Kanako hit Naru.She deserved it a thousand times
Old 16-11-2003, 04:29 AM   #21   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
aaaaaahhhhh

Kyrakasa is such a babe! Despite her liking a very crappy anime and not knowing the difference between truthful relationship based anime and dumbass faux relationship comedy...

Btw, Im Ken-Ohki for the dumbest reason. When I was new to AB I went through a Tenchi Muyo phase and yeh.. thought it was neat that there was a Ken-Ohki. Truthfully, I'd like you to consider me as Penguin_Ken or PKO. But keep making pet names for me, I think it's adorable.
Old 17-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #22   [permalink]
Kyrakasa
Forum Junkie

Kyrakasa is such a babe! -pet Cabbit-

You may not be the smartest Cabbit... But I'll always love you~! ^_~

Despite her liking a very crappy anime and not knowing the difference between truthful relationship based anime and dumbass faux relationship comedy...-Kyra's pet-

I guess Tenchi's relationship with Ryoko and friends is a much more truthful relationship...

I'm not saying Naru isn't a b#tch when she wants to be... But that Onegai Teacher isn't all that much more truthful in a relationship...

It's like going to watch a Soap Opera and saying... Hey, that is soo... Based on real life...

You like Onegai Teacher because the guy is an @$$ also... He goes out with other girls even though ANY GUY WITH ANY SENSE should know that their wife isn't going to be especially happy with that...

All you've established is that you don't like Anime's where the guy is a pushover...
Go change Keitaro and make him more seta-like, and then tell me if Naru is the same B#tch... My prediction is that Naru would be very much Bell Dandy-like with her singing and kind-heartedness...

Naru even looks like a combination of Asuka and Bell-dandy, with her antenae-like hair.

This is because YOU can't find one instance where Naru's mean to anyone except when she's trying to correct Keitaro from being such a pervert...

All Naru's trying to do is make keitaro a less perverted boyfriend... If you don't believe me, go live in an All-female dorm with your girlfriend and tell me if she doesn't get jealous when you stare at the other girls breasts, fall over on top of them, walk in on them naked in the bath, grab hold of their panties, appear to be trying to kiss one of the other girls, have another girl sleep walk herself into your bed...

Lol... Yah just try explaining to your girlfriend... "Mutsuni must have just sleep walked into my bed..."

~_~

Last edited by Kyrakasa; 17-11-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Old 17-11-2003, 04:32 PM   #23   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Ahh, well, I dont need to debate anymore. Im somebody's pet.
Old 17-11-2003, 08:30 PM   #24   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

This of course ignores the fact that not once was Keitaro ever intentionally perverted.
Old 17-11-2003, 08:47 PM   #25   [permalink]
Kyrakasa
Forum Junkie

No, you can't...
You'd have to blame the director who wrote the script that got him into all those situations....

Yet, I have nothing against Keitaro... unlike what you have against Naru...

Now, try to reason your unreasonable hate of naru...

~_~

Old 17-11-2003, 10:33 PM   #26   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Naru is a bitch.
Naru is a bitch.
Naru is a bitch.

As you can see, my reasoning is quite scientific. Shinobu is cute. Naru is a bitch.

Naru hit Keitaro at every opportunity. EVERY opportunity. Even when it was none of her business. Cos Naru is a bitcch.
Old 18-11-2003, 10:01 AM   #27   [permalink]
Kyrakasa
Forum Junkie

That's right you prefer girls like shinobu who only know how to hide behind her hands and cry "SENPAI~!"

p.s. Just by repeating something over and over to yourself, doesn't make it scientific...

~_~

Old 18-11-2003, 04:23 PM   #28   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Actually, I wouldnt want Shinobu for a partner. Im just saying, Naru is a bitch and giving you an example of a different kind of girl.

I cant believe you'd want to support Naru. There are such WONDERFUL women out there in the anime world. Strong, supportive, independant.. all kinds. Why defend some stupid girl who does nothing but inflict pain for the slightest reasons.

btw, why does MDWigs get to be your self appointed boyfriend? :jealous: maybe I should kick your ass like Naru would.