Old 22-07-2002, 10:01 AM   #16   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Well alot's happened since the last post in this thread,

Bandai announced they were going to license it at AX.
A-k released the episodes they didn't sub before finishing the series (14-26 i think)
Bandai then licensed it at AnimeExpo
And Aone are upto ep 25

Well what were your thoughts on this series?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 10:28 AM   #17   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I was reading about the extras for this series they look to be killer extras

Ryvius fan disc1&2, each have:
--1 new animation intro to each disc (pretty cool, the characters look at the screen and talk to you like your on the ship for a min or two before it cuts to the dvd menu)
--1 music video (very cool)
--3 audio dramas
--1 5 min new animated backstory to a character
--1 Meet the cast interview session
--8 or 9 Ryvius Light animation web shorts
--A credits song sung by the cast while tons of fanart scrolls by (different fanart for each fan disc IIRC)
--Clean OP+ED for each ep since every few eps vary OP/ED animation (same thing with Scryed)
--Commericals for Ryvius

disc 3 is the same except no music video this time around

Scryed is also getting 2 fan discs latter since it's by the same director and animation team. Hopefully these extras make the R1 release (and R4 if it ever comes out)
Old 15-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #18   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

IR DVD #1 Review off AOD

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/d...views/1789.php
Old 15-09-2003, 12:13 PM   #19   [permalink]
APF
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to APF
I want it sooo bad...

BTW, somebody mentioned that Argento Soma and Scryed were based on novels, or at least inspired by them. What were they?
APF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2003, 03:01 AM   #20   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

ArgentoSoma was partially based on Frankenstein while Scryed I think was just wrong info.
Old 23-11-2003, 02:54 AM   #21   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
I'm dragging this out of that dark place where forgotten threads go.

Have any of you guys been watching this recently?

Jeez, I love it. Sure it's slow, but it's awesome. I love character development and Infinite Ryvius has it in droves. I'm impressed that this show is able to deal with so many characters, all of them having their own personality and desires, and still manage to pull it off. Each episode starts out slowly but by the end I'm on the edge of my seat and hastily flipping through credits so I can see what happens next. So much is going on in every episode, complex character relations and power shifts between factions and revelations of human nature. After only two discs, I'm fascinated with everything that's going on.

The only thing that detracts from it, though, is the fact that they haven't explained yet how their systems are run. What is a "Solid" and why is it necessary to be made? Maybe I've missed something; it has been awhile since I watched the first dvd.

Other than that, Infinite Ryvius is a great, great series. If you love character development, you'll love this.

Also, check out those "Infinite Ryvius Illusion" episodes on each disc! Hilarious omake. Neya reminds me of Guu (from Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu). Bandai's really done a great job of putting not only a good number of episodes on each disc, but including a lot of extras and goodies.

dheu
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 04:40 AM   #22   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Its been a while, but I though a solid is bit of code(much like an Operating System, windows/linux/MacOS, without it your computer won't run) to steer the ship and also the giant robot, cause they have to program it everytime and compile it to make it works much like all other computer programs being made nowadays, though you will not see anyone code a software or compile it cause its all been done before shipping to your local shop. As for why they have to rewrite the computercodes everytime, probably everything in that ship is still experimental and no decent programmers have had a try at it before it was suddenly launch by accident, because its cumbersome and annoying to rewrite codes when you can re-use most of it, then again we are talking about kids kids and not professional programmers.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2003, 04:48 AM   #23   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Ah. That would make sense.

dheu
Old 24-11-2003, 02:06 AM   #24   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Well, IR tries to take a more realistic approach to a lot of it's material, and I think that they tried to approach the idea of space ship navigation in a more realistic way. Things wouldn't work as easily as they do in Star Wars, where their ships can be directed almost like Figher planes.

Really, that can't work in space. I had always thought that the reason they had to continuously create a new solid whenever they wanted to do something was because the ship has no pre-programmed method of navigation. Maybe it's too complicated for a ship to just have one program capable of handling all of the nearly limitless possibilities for a ship to do (remember, in space, there is no such thing as up, down, left, or right. There is simply space). That being said, I think the ship takes one program at a time, so that the system can adequately respond to it and move to the proper coordinates.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2003, 02:33 PM   #25   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Robotech Master
Well, IR tries to take a more realistic approach to a lot of it's material, and I think that they tried to approach the idea of space ship navigation in a more realistic way. Things wouldn't work as easily as they do in Star Wars, where their ships can be directed almost like Figher planes.
That's one of the things I like so much about this show. Everything seems a great deal more realistic than in certain other shows. They just never really explained how their systems work and what "Solids" are.

dheu
Old 24-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #26   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Actually like startrek, starwars or something closer to home naval ships you can easily navigate space by using headings usings stars as waypoints, no such things as programming each turns of the way like these kids are doing. The workload would be too much, its not the question whether they can use one solid for everything, its just that they don't have the knowhow or experience to build an operating system from scratch, so they are building just part of it as they go along, parts that they need. If you don't believe me, you try and rewrite windows XP on your own, and let just say that windows XP is just for running a single computer not an entire ship full with systems you don't even know exist.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2003, 04:24 AM   #27   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Well who cares about the solids. I'll probably forget all about it when I see Juli in that dress.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote