Old 18-10-2001, 10:06 AM   #1   [permalink]
Daedelus
Forum Junkie

Lukewa[r]m Fan Fic

This fic is written from IAL's online comic Lukewa[r]m that can be seen at Nfernocomics.com.. I have seen the developement of the characters since there creation but still I hope Beth finds the story stays true to her idea.

This is my first fan fic so any critisism would be welcome and most likely helpful. I will post more as I finish it.

Chapter I

The century had just turned to the 19th on the rather idealized and stupid human calendar. Revolution was running amok in the world…. Man had just learned to expect freedom from his betters. Any number of new inventions; were popping up each and day. There were fewer and fewer cities in the world that a civilized… man… could make his home. Rome was one of these, sure the populace had always had their democratic urges but the aristocracy still knew how to live. For better or for worse it is where this tale begins.

As I have said the world is alight with new wonders and new ideas. A true age of enlightenment is upon us. And my lovely companion and I are ------- bored. It has been ages since we have had any real fun. Not since the plagues or the Inquisition have I had even a giggle. So the day finds us pondering new sport in a café near the Vatican.

Oh I almost forgot to mention we are demons; evil, immortal, and immoral, you know the whole bit. My name is Asmodeus also known as the demon of lust. My lovely companion here you may call Elie. Not her true demonic name but she does insist on being terribly human sometimes.

Now just because we are sitting in a café don’t be fooled into thinking we have to eat. Such base human needs are generally beneath our kind. A heaping plate of human misery and hate is more to my taste. But my dear Elie is rather addicted to what humans call sweets. Chocolates and fruit dishes and cakes and other such things have started taking more and more of her attentions. She has the look of an opium addict even now as she shovels a chocolate mousse into her delicate mouth.

“Just look at those insects scurrying to and fro like they are actually important. To me it is just a society based around the idea that a bigger hat equals more power. Pitiful.”

“Yes dear.” Said Elie.

“Someone should teach them a lesson…. They have had free run of this world for far too long if you ask me.” I replied.

“Yes dear.” Said Elie.

“I say just give me five minutes alone with one of their frail and beautiful priest and I could teach such lessons in the pains and pleasures of Hell.”

“Yes dear.” Once again says Elie.

“Earth to the beautiful demon to my left…. Hello…. Is anyone home? Are you listening to me at all?”

“No actually I wasn’t… what was it you were rattling on about. Never mind I’m sure it couldn’t be that important. You haven’t said anything useful at all in… oh I would have to say damn near 200 years. And besides I think I might just have found us a spot of fun.” She said.

“Really, well please do tell.”

“Well if you could stop talking just to hear yourself and look over your right shoulder you will see the object of my interest.” She answered.

When I turned I at first did not see anything but a couple of scruffy old waiters and a fat old priest. Surely these could not bring such a malicious grin to my companion’ s visage? Then the waiters parted like that stream that Moses managed to cross so many years before. Such lovely innocence I have rarely seen. This creature shone with the brilliance of purity that even the haughty Seraphim would find entrancing. He was in the robes of a priest but he could hardly be called a man. He was perhaps 17 years of age any older and he had made a mockery of nature itself. I could see why she was intrigued he had all the features she so enjoys; dark almost black hair, skin that could well be made of the finest white marble, luminous blue eyes, and features fine and sharp. I only had a moment to observe him at his dinner when he and his companion rose and started walking out of the café and back to that last bastion of goodness and debauchery, the Vatican.

“Well,” I said, “I can certainly see why you were ignoring me. Oh to have a soul like that to play with if only for a few moments.”

“Perhaps that can be arranged,” Elie said while starting to stand, “ I think now would be a good time to go home for a bit and make some plans.”

“Yes away with us…. the game is afoot is it not?”

Now I have stated before how much I loath this age of revolution, this time of the common man. In my opinion peasants have no place other than at the foot of some master or another. But there is one plus to this age and that is the clothing. I do adore the jackets and the top hats and canes. I have rarely been called a “gentleman” at least by anyone without a smirk on their faces, but I can almost look the part in these clothes. And as for the women’s part…rarely before have their… how shall I say “attributes” been so on display. All that frill, velvet and other fine materials add a certain romance to a period otherwise completely without charm. We cut quiet the path through maddening crowd, me in my finest black waistcoat and Elie in a blood red dress of velvet.

It is a shame that most mortals have to be so very plain and ugly. Only ever so often does one even catch my eye, and it is less common still that one can captivate me like our young prey this evening.

“So what do you think?” She immediately says when we enter our house.

“I think we could have a good bit of fun with a mortal like that. The only question is, how and when will the hunt begin? I am certain that his brother priest will be less than pleased for him to start cavorting with demons.”

“These are small matters for such fiends as us my love. Don’t you feel the thrill of a new game about to begin. I for one believe this mortal will bring us much excitement and fun. Let us go back to the café tomorrow and see if we can’t catch another glimpse of our quarry.” She said in a slow and seductive voice.

“How can I but say yes to a voice as tempting as that. Now I had my servant buy you some of those interesting under things you are always going on about. Why don’t you go try them on, they are on your dresser, and we shall see what all the fuss is about.”

About five minutes later I found out what all the fuss was about. Perhaps this time period has other redeeming qualities I thought to myself.

Chapter II

The next day at the appointed time we met at the café and began our wait for our young prey. We had both spent our day shopping for some trinket or another and were delighting in showing off our finds to one another.

I for one adore the writings of several clever mortals especially that Shakespeare fellow, now that is one mortal who understands suffering. I had found a couple of rare manuscripts that would go well in my collection and was presenting them to both Elie and our inevitable crowd of hangers on.

During our few years in this city we had become a common sight on the streets although it would take a blind man not to notice a pair such as us. Now I remember the days when any human in their right mind would scamper away with just one glimpse of us. We seem to exude a cloud of fear and loathing that they sense. But one of the many things that have changed in these many millennia has been the natural fear reaction. Now there are people who actually seem to be thrilled by their sense of danger and long to be even closer to the source. Maybe in the back of their minds they knew what we really were but to them we were like a drug they just had to have.

They also mostly seem to think of us as brother and sister. And there is at least some resemblance, because we are in fact family after a sort. Not exactly the family these fools think, it does make a nice cover story however. So we constantly had a group of “friends” that would tag along on every trip.

It does get old though…. Real old.

Not that I can blame them for wanting to be near us or in some cases to be with us. We have shared more than a few mortal lovers and I’m sure many more will follow, but when one is hunting they do tend to get in the way.

While I was showing off my new copy of “The Tempest”, I noticed Elie alerting me with her eyes that our object of observation had just arrived. He was again with an older priest…. Perhaps his mentor or given the moral prejudices of the church in Rome perhaps even his lover. They were quiet involved in some conversation or another perhaps even an argument of our very existence or not. I find that to even those in the church we are becoming more and more legend and less reality.

“Now all we have to do is to find some way to lure him away from his watchers and no doubt protectors. I have yet to meet a mortal without some vice or another that we can exploit.”

“Fine then… let us follow him for the day and see where the fates lead us. But now I think it is time to do away with our entourage. If you would be so kind my dear.”

“But of course.” She said.

The fire she started quickly consumed the café killing several of the staff and putting our followers to the wind.

“That was a little too dramatic don’t you think. And I kind of even liked the little place,” I said.

“Well you said get rid of them, you didn’t specify how I was to do that.” She mockingly sulked.

“Well you could have killed the very thing we are after,” I said.

“But I didn’t did I? I was watching him the whole time…. Not a hair was singed on his very pretty little head. And he seemed more fascinated with the fire than frightened. That displays a bit of character I can very much appreciate.” She said.

“Well regardless let’s be after him before they are lost in this maddening crowd.” I said as we hurried down the avenue.

Stalking to me is not as much fun as it might seem to an outsider. People are usually so concerned with themselves that you can follow mere inches from their backs and they will never see you. So it is easy and more often than not people do really dull things with their time. The one thing I did notice in our day of following that this young thing could hardly walk past a single mirror or shop window without staring at his reflection.

“So he has a bit of pride about himself.” I stated after the third or fourth pause in his progress. “That should be very useful in the long run.”

All in all it was a pretty plain day. They did some window-shopping, never buying but giving things a good looking over. Then as the day wore on into evening they dined in the home of some person of importance. I really have no idea who… and to me this person of importance wasn’t really all that important. But it was a fine house and that shows that our friend knows people of influence.

I could see them through the house’s windows as they sat and listened to a violinist and a cellist after dinner. I could see how enthralled the young one was by the music. He swayed back and forth in tempo with the music. Perhaps even he himself is an artist and plays some instrument or another. Like all self-respecting demons we both have a high appreciation for the arts, and this would only add to his glimmer.

They said their goodbyes soon after the music ended and were off again down the street.

The direction they traveled was a familiar one to me for it led to the theater district. It was very uncommon to see a man of the cloth heading that way and to see two of them even more so. The Church at this point was still not overly impressed with actors and their sort and for this duo to be going to that part of town would raise more than a few eyebrows.

I almost stumbled and fell when I saw the play that they were entering into. It was Romeo and Juliet from my dear bard. Ah, I thought this is a fact I can surely use. Within moments we were inside and seated only two rows away from the priests.

This was one of the playhouses that I frequented on occasion and I had actually seen them perform this very play. I wouldn’t say that they exactly did it justice but it was far from the worst performance I had ever witnessed.

They sat almost perfectly still through the whole performance. They did however laugh and clapped at the appropriate parts. And when the lovers committed their suicides I thought I almost saw a tear run down the boy’s cheek. This was a truly innocent soul, I almost for a moment decided to forget the whole affair and leave him in peace. But I knew that Elie wouldn’t let me off so easy. I could see the hunger in her eyes. I also knew without doubt that this was bound to be an interesting adventure.

We looked to each other as the play ended and simultaneously said “Tomorrow”. This elicited a giggle and a wink and away we were into the night, laughing and dancing in a way that can only be described as… well as demonic.
Old 18-10-2001, 02:51 PM   #2   [permalink]
TradeMark
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to TradeMark
<note to reader> play the song 'sympathy for the devil' while reading the exposition and story... It just goes together so, so well.

Heres to hoping fer more !
Damn fine !

...now if only IAL would get her scanner fixed and update the damn page...
Old 18-10-2001, 08:04 PM   #3   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Amen to that (TM)! And good story Daedelus, very good for a first time time doing a fan fic!
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2001, 03:58 PM   #4   [permalink]
Ikari_Asuka_Langley
Forum Master

I'm gettin' to it don't get yer panties in a wad!
Ikari_Asuka_Langley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2001, 08:30 PM   #5   [permalink]
Aku Shi
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Aku Shi Send a message via Yahoo to Aku Shi
I already told Dae-chan how much I loved it, but I'm gonna POST it, too! I LOVE IT!!! And, I promise to never call you Candy Cane again if you don't want me to... Just don't take away what you said you're gonna have in it! Pwease, Dae-chan?... *cutey pouty face*
Old 21-10-2001, 10:42 AM   #6   [permalink]
Rico
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Rico Send a message via Yahoo to Rico
After reading it,
I must say,
that I´m as pleased as punch...
...which is good.

Last edited by Rico; 21-10-2001 at 11:16 AM.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2001, 05:09 PM   #7   [permalink]
Daedelus
Forum Junkie

Chapter III

“So how should we go about this?” I said.

“Well we could creep across the wall and then into his room. Then we kidnap him and use his body for our evil desires.” Elie laughed.

“I was thinking something perhaps a bit more subtle.” I replied barely containing a giggle of my own.

“The way I see it we must lure him to us… but he must come of his own accord. It wouldn’t do to have all the Christian hordes tearing this city apart looking for him.”

“Let me simply seduce him then…” She said.

“There will be time enough for that later. For now I think perhaps he should be encouraged to join our social circle. I believe we shall follow him again tomorrow and when the time is right I believe there will be a chance encounter.”

“Just taking what we want would have been more fun,” Elie pouted.

“Perhaps, but that which is so easy to gain is often not worth the trouble.”

“It is almost time for our dinner with the Duchess. We had best start getting ready.” I said.

“Do we have to? She is such a dreadful bore,” she said with a sigh.

“Well she does on occasion have interesting guest at her affairs. Although you are right she is horrible company and ugly as righteousness to boot. But chin up… perhaps she will have some chocolates,” I said.

“Well she had better or there will be quite literally Hell to pay,” she said leaving the room with a huff.

Well I was right about the evening being a bore. It was actually quite nearly a disaster. Elie really doesn’t handle boredom well and she handles insults even worse. When the Duchess stated that Elie was being ill mannered and loud I thought I was about to witness blood letting of Biblical proportions. That’s when I decided it would be a fine time for Elie and myself to take a short walk in the garden and cool off a bit. As it turns out fortune was smiling on us this evening.

“I’ll kill her Asmodeus…. That evil old ----- won’t know what hit her.”

“I think we made enough enemies without you slaughtering our hostess.”

“Well I wont forget this and when she least expects it… BAM her world will come tumbling down.”

“Trust me my dear I have absolutely no doubt you will get you revenge.”

“I have to tell you though it just isn’t right for a human to talk to me that way and get away with it,” she said.

It was then that I noticed the sound of other voices in the garden with us.

“Please quiet your voice a little Elie and listen with me for a moment. I think we have company in the garden with us in this fine evening. And if I’m not mistaken that voice is more than a little familiar.”

“I still don’t hear what you’re talking about.”

“That’s because you are still talking.”

As we crept around the taller bushes in the garden we came upon a clearing where two figures were standing talking rather animatedly about something or another. One of the figures was tallish even though a little stooped with age. The other was one that over the past two days we had become very familiar with. They were arguing the nature of mans soul…. A subject we had more than a little experience in.

The older gentleman was just wrapping up a monologue on the inherently evil nature of man. “… And that is why I say man is born in sin and stays that way his entire life. When given the choice man will always pick the wrong one. He just can’t help himself.”

“But Sir if I may. I believe with all my heart that man is by nature a creature that wants to do what is good and just. I say men will at least strive for holiness. I cannot bring myself to believe otherwise.”

I could not believe that such naivety still existed in the world. I could even see my companion stifle a small laugh.

“Niccolo you are still a child yet in mind. A few more years in this world and I’ll hear your tune change. Let us have this conversation again in a good handful of years and you will thank me for my wisdom. Now I think we should thank our hostess for her hospitality and return to our brethren,” the old one stated as he turned to leave.

“You can go ahead without me, I think I will enjoy the still of this garden a while longer.”

“But Niccolo it is not safe for even a priest to walk alone in the city after dark. Considering the rumors about some of the citizens perhaps a priest is less safe than most. This may be an age of enlightenment, but there is still darkness afoot in the light.”

“Do not worry yourself I will have one of the servants here accompany me home when I am ready to take my leave.”

“Well just be sure to remember all your vows. I would not lose you to some common harlot.”

“Quiet you. You will scandalize me with such talk,” even in the dark at a distance the blush was visible on his cheeks.

“I know how you young men are. I was young once too and I’m sure things have not changed that much. Well I have stated my warning that is all I can do. I bid you have a good evening and remember Morning Prayer comes rather early.”

Not long after the elder priest departed we happened upon the youth almost completely by “chance”.

“Oh hello,” I said acting a little startled, “ I did not know there was anyone else in the garden. We did not mean to disturb you. Come on Elie he is clearly deep in thought lets leave him to it.”

“Wait no…. I was just about to go back inside. The garden is all yours if you like.”

“Please let me introduce myself. I am Asmodeus and my charming companion this evening is named Elie. I do not remember seeing you at any of the Duchess’ parties in the past. Are you new to the city?”

“I am very pleased to meet you Asmodeus… that is a very strange name. Is it your family name or…?”

“It is my first name and the only one I go by for now.”

“Then Asmodeus it is. You may call me Niccolo. And I am not actually new to the city only to public life,” he said with an almost wistful smile.

“So Niccolo why would you have decided to be a priest of all things,” Elie burst in.

“Elie dear that is a bit forward don’t you think.”

“Don’t worry Asmodeus it’s fine. Actually Madame I chose the priesthood for many reasons not the least of which is that I owe my life to the church. My parents gave me to the church when I was barely more than a babe. They could not feed themselves and me too. I cannot and do not blame them for this decision. The church has been my life since that time.”

“But don’t you wonder what there is of life outside the confines of the confessional.”

“Sometime I do certainly. But I have made my decision and I believe I can do much good at this.”

“But… what of pleasu……”

“Myself and Elie were just on our way to the theater. If we don’t leave soon we will surely be late. Why don’t you come along and you two can continue your discussion on the way,” I interjected.

“That is a most gracious offer but I’m afraid I must be getting back to my brothers. Besides we have only just met.”

“Nonsense we will have you back at even what a friar considers a reasonable hour. Now we must go or we will miss the start of “The Tempest”. And though we have only just met we are friends of the Duchess and so it seems are you. To have both survived one of her dinners we may as well be brothers at arms.”

“ “The Tempest” you say? I do so love Shakespeare…… but sadly I have no ticket.”

“You don’t need a ticket if you come with us.”

“Well I suppose it would be impolite to turn down such a generous offer… so I will go with you. Please lead on good sir.”

We quickly collected our coats and saying our goodbyes we were out into the street and into our coach. So far so well I thought to myself, besides Ellie’s lack of social graces. But no harm seems to be done. In fact I could hardly not have noticed the looks that our young friend kept giving Elie on the way to the theater. They were not the looks of a humble and pious priest.

Last edited by Daedelus; 26-10-2001 at 06:39 PM.
Daedelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2001, 06:00 PM   #8   [permalink]
Rico
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Rico Send a message via Yahoo to Rico
I´m looking forward to an orgy, Daed

Hope there are sheep and elephants inlcuded, anything else would ruin the story and the excelent story-telling
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2001, 06:03 PM   #9   [permalink]
Daedelus
Forum Junkie

*rubs chin thoughtfully* Hmmmm..... I hadn't thought of elephants.
Old 26-10-2001, 07:03 PM   #10   [permalink]
Aku Shi
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Aku Shi Send a message via Yahoo to Aku Shi
MORE!!! Put more up NOW!!! You cannot just leave it like that!!! Oh, how you tease us readers... Blast you and your brilliant fic.... ¬_¬

Seriously, though, I love it. Keep it up (or you shall pay come every Thursday).
Old 26-10-2001, 07:12 PM   #11   [permalink]
TradeMark
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to TradeMark
Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuun
suspense building

Fantastic of course, gotta love the victorian demons. Characters are definetly strong and developing nicely.

'Good show'
Old 26-10-2001, 07:16 PM   #12   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

What about an elephant man?

*glances at Trademark*
Did you tell him about that one?
Old 26-10-2001, 10:28 PM   #13   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Curiouser and curiouser is all I can say. Keep it up my good man.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2001, 04:01 PM   #14   [permalink]
Ikari_Asuka_Langley
Forum Master

I'm assuming I get the priest first? *smirk smirk*
Ikari_Asuka_Langley is offline   Reply With Quote