Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2002, 05:25 PM   #16   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
Well, Bekki, those -are- indirect...-really- indirect So I suppose yes, in a very roundabout way, she did have -something- to do with their motivations. It's like the six degrees of separation theory.

SPOILERS AGAIN

I won't argue that she had nothing to do with them as duellists; that would be stupid, because duh, she played a very big role there -_-; What I meant was their specific -reasons- for duelling, what contributed to their breakdowns. What drove them to Nemuro Memorial Hall in the first place. After the stabbing, they're clearly not themselves, only pawns of Mikage.

END SPOILERS
Old 15-11-2002, 10:37 PM   #17   [permalink]
Bekkichan
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Bekkichan Send a message via AIM to Bekkichan Send a message via Yahoo to Bekkichan
~there may be minor spoilers below; read if you dare~

I know, that's what I was talking about too - their specific reasons for going to Nemuro Hall. I probably wasn't very specific myself about that...

One theory I've always thought was interesting was that, because of Anthy's witch-ish nature, she just exudes some aura of hatred and negative... vibes ... that everyone who interacts with her picks up on, one way or another. That would help explain all the mistreatment and rage and hate directed towards her, and would support the idea of her somehow leading all the BR duelists to go to Nemuro Hall and become duelists. But, of course, the theory does have its holes, as most theories seem to in the Utena world. I'm not even sure whether I believe that one anymore... but it might still be worth thinking about, I guess.

Last edited by Bekkichan; 19-11-2002 at 03:56 PM.
Old 15-11-2002, 11:56 PM   #18   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32
why dopnt you rey to watch it without sound, i know it sounds bizarre and everything turn the sound and the subtitles off compeletely and you will seehow it was for me watching utena ina language that i cannot understand, but see i was right about the "Anthy factor" and the fact that she serves as the trigger for the events,

[spoilers]as for shiori i cant find any relations of her to anthy apart from the fact that juri despises the rose bride and shiori despises juri[/spoilers]

Last edited by Linna32; 20-11-2002 at 03:14 AM.
Old 16-11-2002, 12:21 PM   #19   [permalink]
Bekkichan
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Bekkichan Send a message via AIM to Bekkichan Send a message via Yahoo to Bekkichan
SPOILERS BELOW AGAIN, VENTURE FORTH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Quote:
why dopnt you rey to watch it without sound, i know it sounds bizarre and everything turn the sound and the subtitles off compeletely and you will seehow it was for me watching utena ina language that i cannot understand, but see i was right about the "Anthy factor" and the fact that she serves as the trigger for the events,
Relax, no one was saying you were dead wrong. We know it's not your fault you can't understand the tapes you have... in fact, personally, I think you've been able to draw a lot of good ideas and concepts from the BR arc considering it was in a language you didn't understand. Heck, I had no clue what was going on in those eps until I rewatched them about half a dozen times (and I have them subbed in English), so you're probably ahead of me there already. ^^;;

I think the point was that I/we aren't really sure if it's fair to call Anthy the trigger in ALL the duelists' episodes, because in some cases her involvement was very indirect, and in others she was more of the 'last straw' than the initial 'trigger' - all the BR duelists had issues anyway, and their rage had been building up for a good amount of time before Anthy really set them off. That's how I think of a trigger, anyway - something that starts it all, or sets a chain of events in motion; not the same as the straw that broke the camel's back. But, my opinions aren't everyone's, so maybe that's just me.

Last edited by Bekkichan; 19-11-2002 at 03:55 PM.
Old 16-11-2002, 05:05 PM   #20   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
Quote:
Originally posted by Linna32
see i was right about the "Anthy factor" and the fact that she serves as the trigger for the events,

as for shiori i cant find any relations of her to anthy apart from the fact that juri despises the rose bride and shiori despises juri
That's what I'm not understanding. You say that Anthy was always involved, but then you say that you can't find her involvement with Shiori. I find it difficult to generalize like that and say that Anthy was -always- a part when there are too many exceptions (I still say three, but if you're willing to reeeeeeallly stretch what constitutes "involvement", it's only Shiori I suppose). It'd be one thing if you had said Anthy was -usually- involved or -often- involved; that I couldn't argue against.

Also, you could try reading the scripts at the Utena Encyclopedia and seeing if that clarifies anything for you. They're very good translations.
Old 16-11-2002, 07:13 PM   #21   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32

[mild spoilers]

hmmm, thats true, but there must be some kind of connection betweens shiori and the rose bride, otherwise i do not see Shiori's motive for dueling utena more than for her own selfish purposes (i've just rewatched the episode and im not able to make any connections) so i guess you are most likely right anthy is USUALLY the trigger heh my mistake
[/mild spoliers]

Last edited by Linna32; 20-11-2002 at 03:12 AM.
Old 18-11-2002, 10:39 PM   #22   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Exclamation Pre-warnings!

Gets out her metal tessen and thwaps it on both Bekkichan's & Linna32's head

Seeing as I haven't been around much these days, this is a pre-warning to both Bekki and Linna. If this continues, its an official warning to the both of you!
Old 19-11-2002, 05:27 AM   #23   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

**rubs head** ouch **glares** what the heck was that for miko? i said in my earlier posts that my replies contain spolers and i like to refer to my spoilers
Old 19-11-2002, 04:03 PM   #24   [permalink]
Bekkichan
Forum Junkie

Well, screw it.

There, I went back and edited my 2 spoiler-unmarked out of however many dozen spoiler replies I've ever made, even though the first one I didn't really think was spoiling anything and the second one was a continuation of previous spoilers that I thought were marked as such. I hope that's what I was just clobbered for, cause if it was something else, I sure as fark don't know what. Wasn't being offensive, wasn't posting mp3 links, was staying on topic...

*walks off muttering*
Old 20-11-2002, 03:17 AM   #25   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

there I've marked my posts with spoiler tags too are you happy now you highness? geez its not like we were going way off topic **coughcoughbgccoughcough**
Old 22-11-2002, 07:20 AM   #26   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
OFF TOPIC!

THAT DOES IT!

Since this has gone far enough, time to say....byebye!