Old 08-08-2003, 09:13 PM   #1   [permalink]
Icantpickascreename
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Icantpickascreename
If Utena appeared on CN...

What do you think will happen? I have some very disturbing thoughts of what CN might do if they would show Utena on a regular Toonami basis.

-Get the rights from CPM and make their own dub.

-The characters names are changed...Horrible names like Yutena or Ursula, or Urina..::shudders::

-"Revolution" would be a song about Utena's life as a tomboy and a duelist instead of star-crossed lovers. Or, might as well cut out the damn thing! (That's right, useless Japanese Anime Pop makes no sense!)

-Insignifigant scenes like showing "scenery" are edited or cut out.

-Kana is "GRAPHICALLY edited" to show us what the hell they character's reading

-The Duel Songs and Zettai Umnei Mokoshiroku now are known as horrible DIC sailor moon background music. (OMG, that would be so f*king scary! Carry On...::shudders:

-It just sucks

-Nanami episodes show no point to moral values, so they're edited out

If you have anymore, please post them in this thread...Beware, it's shocking!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:35 PM   #2   [permalink]
Anshi

Utena would be more suited for Adult Swim and the anime's on AS have been treated good. It should be shown in subtitles not the dub.
But, I highly doubt CN would air episode 33.
If Utena is ever soon on Toonami (I hope not) then it would edited to the point of the fans don't reconize the show.
Anshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 03:04 PM   #3   [permalink]
Aku Shi
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Aku Shi Send a message via Yahoo to Aku Shi
Actually, I will have to admit that CN has gotten better. It no longer butchers shows beyond belief. I agree that if anything, it should go on Adult Swim. However, because it is quite obviously a shoujo anime, the chances of it even appearing on CN are slim to none. If you haven't noticed, they lean more towards shounen anime for both Toonami and AS. Sailor Moon was really the only shoujo anime they had. I doubt they'd bring out another one as pink and bishie as SM by bringing out Utena. And no, they wouldn't re-dub it. They also use the original dubs of the companies that have contract to the anime. They just edit out the strong swear words, even in AS.
Old 20-08-2003, 12:54 AM   #4   [permalink]
Shale

Send a message via AIM to Shale
If it was shown on Adult Swim, they'd probably just cut the most blatant sexual bits and leave it at that; I can't even think of any cursing that would need to be edited, and the show is already bloodless (even when it logically shouldn't be).

But if it aired on Toonami...ever heard of Ursula's Kiss?
Shale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #5   [permalink]
blue_roz

Originally Posted by Aku Shi
Actually, I will have to admit that CN has gotten better. It no longer butchers shows beyond belief. I agree that if anything, it should go on Adult Swim. However, because it is quite obviously a shoujo anime, the chances of it even appearing on CN are slim to none. If you haven't noticed, they lean more towards shounen anime for both Toonami and AS. Sailor Moon was really the only shoujo anime they had. I doubt they'd bring out another one as pink and bishie as SM by bringing out Utena. And no, they wouldn't re-dub it. They also use the original dubs of the companies that have contract to the anime. They just edit out the strong swear words, even in AS.
Why is that? I never noticed but now that you mention it, they do only have shonen animes on CN...
blue_roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #6   [permalink]
Icantpickascreename
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Icantpickascreename
Well it's been over a year since this post was created, so yeah, CN has changed a lot. Their tv shows are a lot more violent with the adding of "uncut" material. They include a little bit more cleavage than back then. Yet, the 2004 dubs still leave that horrible aftertaste in your mouth just like their earlier counterparts. It's still the same to me. That's perfectly why I dont watch CN and buy anime instead.

::goes watches Platnium Evangelion::

Last edited by Icantpickascreename; 26-11-2004 at 10:32 AM.
Icantpickascreename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 09:03 PM   #7   [permalink]
Anshi

Smile

Hey, it's good to see a post on the Utena board. I watch the anime on adult swim and those shows are treated fairly well.
But, CN would never acquire Utena because it is too controversial. Also, it is not an action anime. Some viewers might complain that it is too slow or question after watching the first four episodes why Utena is on adult swim. Seriously, the show is not ment for toonami.
Just to add something, for all the anime series I have seen so far, Utena is still the best. I have yet to watch an anime that can beat Utena in quality, characterization, plot and music.
Anshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #8   [permalink]
bigbi

If Utena would be shown on AN, it would be raped to death. All the engaged talk would be cut out, and the ------ dub would be aired. I'm not sure if they could air the final episodes due to its homosexual and incestual content.
bigbi is offline   Reply With Quote