Old 06-06-2002, 06:15 PM   #1   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Rune Soldiers...relation to Lodoss?

I've been looking into Rune Soldiers, known as Rune Soldier Louie in Japan, and its a fantasy comedy that is sort of imbetween Slayers and Lodoss War.

Now, I'm aware of the fact that Ryo Mizuno is responsible for this fantasy series, and that is a major reason why I want to see it. However, while reading some reviews from different people who have seen it (or at least part of it), I was told that while it is different in tone from Lodoss War (Comedic as opposed to serious), the story takes place in the Lodoss World.

By that I don't mean that this is a Lodoss Sequel, not even necessarily a spin off. But they said it takes place in the same Universum, I.E. it takes place on the same Planet as where Lodoss War took place (Forceria I believe its called).

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2002, 05:56 PM   #2   [permalink]
Alesil
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Alesil
Smile

I think there`s a connection of some sort. Both include the wargod Myrii and are in the roughly same era. The drawing styles aren`t exactly similar and neither is the "realism", though.
Alesil is offline   Reply With Quote