Old 31-07-2002, 11:18 PM   #1   [permalink]
Dark Genesis
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Dark Genesis
Sick thoughts while rewatching Chronicles

You know, the whole reason Leylia couldn't be used as the doorway was because she wasn't "pure."

Neese ends up being targeted by Wagnard for the resurrection of Kardis, and when he finally does capture her, he's pretty defensive of Spark keeping away from her...

You know, instead of going through all that trouble, wouldn't it have been easier to... well... you know...

In all reality, that would be the best way to screw with Wagnard's plans, altough a bit unethical and not quite appropriate for an anime...

Forgive me, college is frying my brains
I haven't been here in a while and I'm messed up to boot now

"Learn from the past, live the present, hope for the future."
Dark Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 12:57 AM   #2   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

If you notice in the episode where Wagnard teleports in and Snags Neese Away, he says something along the lines of "Did you think I would let you defile my pure doorway" or something like that. And just before, Neese and Spark were starting to get pretty close, and they were alone in the forest

But while it may have been the easiest way to do so, I don't think spark would have. I really can't give the reason why. Its not her age. She's young, but that didn't stop him from honestly professing his love for her. What is she anyway, she has to be about 14 or 15 since it took place 15 years after the War of Heroes, and she looked 4 or 5 during the Fire Dragon Mountain incident. 14-15 is legal age in Japan, but I have no idea about Lodoss.

Robotech Master

Last edited by Robotech Master; 01-08-2002 at 12:58 AM.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:17 PM   #3   [permalink]
Dark Genesis
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Dark Genesis
I'm a little saner today, but there's a reason. He's a knight in training. He's supposed to be honorable around women, and doing anything like that would go against his character totally.

I'm just saying, this never crossed my mind till about 2:00 in the morning drinking Vanilla Coke and rewatching Chronicles.

Also, why does Ryna stay on with Spark and the gang? After they kill the Dark Elves who stole the Soul Crystal Ball, it was kinda redundent... ah well... I'm just nitpicking I guess... I blame it on the coke.

"Learn from the past, live the present, hope for the future."
Dark Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #4   [permalink]
Alesil
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Alesil
Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Genesis
I'm a little saner today, but there's a reason. He's a knight in training. He's supposed to be honorable around women, and doing anything like that would go against his character totally.

The ends justify the means.

Also, why does Ryna stay on with Spark and the gang? After they kill the Dark Elves who stole the Soul Crystal Ball, it was kinda redundent... ah well... I'm just nitpicking I guess... I blame it on the coke.

Lodoss is an RPG style anime, remember (being based on a D&D campaing afaik after all)? This is the classic "getting new player characters to join the party trick". Kinda like the start of LotR

*PC-Frodo and NPC-Gandalf are discussing Frodos extremely important mission. Suddenly NPC-Gandalf reaches behind the window and pulls out...*

-NPC-Gandalf: Aha, PC-Sam! You now have to follow Frodo to the ends of the (middle)earth for no apparent reason!
-PC-Sam: Ok...

*Then after the two have left, they suddenly run into PC-Pippin and PC-Merry*

-PC-Merry and PC-Pippin: Hi guys, we were kinda bored and thought we`d come check on you guys.
-PC-Frodo: We`re going to Mordor on a long a perilous quest, that we have no chance to survive.
-PC-Merry and PC-Pippin: Mind if we tag along?
-PC-Frodo: Sure guys!

*And so the fiasco continues...*

At least they had hobit from a hobit town, not a thief, a priest, a warrior and a wizard like most over-clichéd stuff...

Errr... Damn, got out of control in ranting again.
Alesil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2002, 10:03 PM   #5   [permalink]
Matrim

Tolkien is God!

Tolkien created modern fantasy, and many of those conventions were invented by him. Also, Merry and Pippin were Frodos best friends in the whole world (other than Sam, and he's more like a pet dog than anything else) so you have to give him a wee bit of slack and also understand that he invented the genre, so many of the styles and ideas had yet to be perfected.

Who controls the present now, controls the past. Who controls the past now controls the future...

Rage Against the Machine, Testify
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2002, 06:26 PM   #6   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Well Ryna started to have a relationship with that other guy in the party, his name escapes me... The partner of Leaf I know that much...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote