Old 31-08-2002, 04:14 PM   #1   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Adolescence of Utena DVD

AKA Revolutionary Utena the Movie, the really sharp looking movie too. I just got this today and have to say that this is the best US anime DVD release I've ever seen. The supplemental material is fantastic, the transfer is gorgeous, and not to mention the great sound. If anything I wish every other DVD release by US anime licensers was this good looking ^_^;;;

Anyone here think this was a utterly terrific DVD release for a US anime company (that isn't Pioneer or Bandai) and actually did this film justice?
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 09:05 PM   #2   [permalink]
Bekkichan
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Bekkichan Send a message via AIM to Bekkichan Send a message via Yahoo to Bekkichan
Well, I know I like it. Never mind that it's the very first DVD I've ever owned. It's not anymore, but anyway... yeah, I still think it's better overall than the few other DVDs I have. Of course, the movie had amazing visuals and music anyway. Gotta love the behind-the-scenes extras though... and the quizzes amuse me greatly, especially the 'wrong answer' clips.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:35 PM   #3   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
I thought the movie was great except as much as I like it, I do not get the end whatsoever with that whole thing with the cars @_@
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 04:12 AM   #4   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko