Old 21-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Lovely Complex

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/lovecom/

Off ANN
Quote:
One day, a very tall transfer student shows up and Risa immediately falls for him, as she has had bad luck with boys in the past because she is tall. There is a girl that Otani likes as well, so Risa and Otani decide to put aside their differences and help each other get their love interests. But as they get to know each other better, Risa's feelings for Otani begin to blossom.
So Lovely Complex, this new shoujo romantic comedy has started.

Watched the first episode, enjoyed the fluffy light heartedness that it was, I really enjoyed the comedy in this especially the torpedo to a battleship representation of crushed love hopes.

Animation and character designs reminded me a lot of One Piece for some reason .., facial expressions and all that.

Yeah I'll be following this series.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Sorry I'm late. Anyways, watched the first 14 episodes. I like this series. Very funny moments. What gets me the most is Otani. How in the hell can he be so damn dense!? I mean it's getting to a point to where it's not even funny anymore. In the earlier episodes, it was bearable. It's strange he seems get more and more dense with each episode. Just watching Koizumi constantly raming her head at brick wall over this guy is crazy. He's not a bad guy, he just....clueless. He's trying really hard not to like her, which he's actually doing a good job.

It's like damn, everybody knows that Koizumi likes Otani except Otani himself. Honestly, it's frustrating to watch. The more and more I watch, the more rediculous he gets. I sound like a broken record, but I just can't get over the fact that this guy is so damn dense. With that said, I still like the anime.

Watched episode 14. Finally!! Koizumi got some sense. Even after she kissed him, he had that retarded look on his face. I was like, you can't be serious! Sadly I don't think he will wise up. With Maity in the picture, that should ease her mind a bit although it looks like Maity is into guys....? The way he blew in Otani ear...he's looking suspect right now.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 07:37 PM   #3   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Yes a bit late to the game but nice to know someone else is watching the series.

So far two years have passed in the series and still nothing much has changed, it feels like it's only been weeks since Risa admitted she liked Otani. Sure spanning it over two years means you can cover holidays, field trips and other occasions but it feels so farfetched that their relationship hasn't changed much in that time considering all the time they spend together.
Old 16-07-2007, 08:19 PM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah. That's the killing part about all of this. I mean, just why in the world is Koizumi going through all this only to have all of her efforts put to waste because of Otani enormous ignorance problem? It's strange as I don't hate Otani character but I don't like him too much either. At this point, it's either time to put up or shut up. You like her or you don't. Again though, that's pretty much the charm of the series as we watch and figure out if Koizumi will end up with Otani and how much more dense can he get. It's just that it's getting really old. That's why I was so happy when episode 14 ended. It was about time Koizumi got some sense. Even so, you can still tell at that point Otani was a clueless as ever.
Old 17-07-2007, 03:27 AM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

What I'd like to see happen is the pair hook up soon and not at the end of the series because frankly I wouldn't want to see this series going through the same motions of Risa trying to get Otani to see her as a possible girlfriend, Otani does something stupid, Risa cry, next episode everything is back to way it was, rinse and repeat. I'd like to see them interact as a couple, go through some hardships and troubles, character development ensues, hopefully resulting in a better series.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #6   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Felt like Shoujo so I stared this up. I'm only up to ep. 4 so I haven't read past the first post.

Originally Posted by orochi X
Animation and character designs reminded me a lot of One Piece for some reason .., facial expressions and all that.
I noticed this too while watching these few episodes. Turns out they both share the same director and several other key staff members. Additionally, Risa's VA is Okamura Akemi who also did Nami in One Piece.

Oh yeah, and about this series, it's definitely entertaining. It's different than the usual Shoujo and too damn funny. I gotta check out the manga sometime. One Piece manga and anime is very similar. It wasn't the director that made the anime so funny since that style was used in the manga. I wonder if this manga happened to be like that too?

Curious curious but I must watch more anime first.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #7   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
I thought the character designs were more like His and Her Circumstances. But it's a mixture of the two.

Then again, Lovely Complex sounds like the title of a softcore hentai.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yes, OH YES!!! It's about damn time! Just finished episode 18. They both finally came to their senses! I was really questioning whether or not Otani would ever realize just how much Koizumi likes him. Now that's out of the way, it will be interesting to see how their relationship will fare. Probably will be a lot of tension at first as they won't be the comedy duo that they're so accustomed to being.