Old 09-07-2003, 06:05 AM   #46   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to ATh
Quote:
Originally posted by Squall Leonhart
deal with it....right.

Heyeveryone! ATh decided that he would be god, so lets all follow what he says!

Honestly, having a mon forum isnt going to warp animeboards into a kiddie playground. Yes, i know that there is a lot of anime that will not be put into forums here. But that is mainly because not many have heard of it, or it wasnt very good. Most forms of Mon is rather famous and we've all either have heard of them, or we watch them.
Not ATh im sorry if your parents smacked you around when you were a child, and locked you into a basement for a few years, but thats really there fault. Not Pokemon's. A mon forum has every right to be on ANIMEboards as does Evangelion.
I simply know more about something than you. This has been brought up many times and like the hentai forum, the answer remains the same.

And it is 'Their', not 'there'. I will not often correct my spelling errors, but this is a clear indication you should be reschooled. I can also inform you that your weak assumptions are as incorrect as your belief that a pokemon forum would be good for AB.

PA has clearly said it, there is a Mon thread and it gets 2 posters, and even then i would not consider it a regular thing.

And lastly, the 'deal with it' was directed directly at you, i know you probably feel insecure about a direct reference to you (indicated by trying to get get everyone to join in) so i look forward to seeing a reply of sorts.

ATh
ATh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:13 PM   #47   [permalink]
Squall Leonhart
Forum Addicted

Send a message via MSN to Squall Leonhart
ath, if you ever read any of my posts before hand, you would no i dont give a ---- about my grammar. It gets the point across just fine.
Hentai has nothing to do with this and you know that. The reason why hentai isnt on here is because it is meant to be a place for all ages.

If i had known the mon test forum was getting as low as results, i probably would not have posted in here anyway. I never check general anime discussions.
And just how would Pokemon be bad for AB? CCS seems not to have hurt it any, or maybe it was on here before you could have any say about it.

And lastly, I know 'deal with it' was directed at me, I was just so shocked that you like to play god so much. I really am sorry I interferred with your playtime. I will leave you alone now.
Squall Leonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:21 AM   #48   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Squall Leonhart
ath, if you ever read any of my posts before hand, you would no i dont give a ---- about my grammar. It gets the point across just fine.
Hentai has nothing to do with this and you know that. The reason why hentai isnt on here is because it is meant to be a place for all ages.

If i had known the mon test forum was getting as low as results, i probably would not have posted in here anyway. I never check general anime discussions.
And just how would Pokemon be bad for AB? CCS seems not to have hurt it any, or maybe it was on here before you could have any say about it.

And lastly, I know 'deal with it' was directed at me, I was just so shocked that you like to play god so much. I really am sorry I interferred with your playtime. I will leave you alone now.
well the fact that in order to get a forum instated you have to provide evidence for the series popularity on AB, hence the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

That means all forums start out in GAD, which you admit you dont look at. I do, hence why i know more about this than you, infact alot of people know more about than is than you because they pay attention to the notices and run with the way things are.

Im glad you see me as your god, it fills me with pride.

ATh
Old 12-07-2003, 09:24 AM   #49   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Well, for anyone who has supported a Mon forum in this thread, you can always post in the Experimental Mon Forum thread (that is assuming you like one of ths shows, and want a forum so you could discuss it). That way, the next time this issue is brought up, there will be more evidence that more than 2 people are interested in discussions of said shows.

And what's up with all the spite? Did someone break into another person's house and steal all their belongings in the past, and now all the bad feelings are surfacing again?
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 10:50 AM   #50   [permalink]
Squall Leonhart
Forum Addicted

Send a message via MSN to Squall Leonhart
never said i saw you as my god. i said that you like to play god.
Squall Leonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 04:50 PM   #51   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Here's a new idea to the on going argument of liberals and conservitives... (Those who are liberal are the ones who wish to have new forums. I.E. Pokemon and Digimon. While the conservitives are the ones who do not want to have them)

The main argument is that having a pokemon forum would have a rush of children to the forum. But I don't know if you havn't been looking, but when was the last time registration was open? My point exactly, it won't be open for a long time and we can use that opertunity to have a pokemon forum and build a core foundation of members before the "child scourge" invade...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #52   [permalink]
Lanime
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GuGuEaTeR
waitaminute...

nah, i say it's a bad idea. there's a very high chance that really young kids might join this forum (when regis are open again) and WILL see the Almighty Picture Threads... and i don't think that's a good idea at all. NOT at all... tainting little kids minds... that's just cruelty!
Young kids might join the forum...too late as you probably don't know there are already people on here like me who are 12 , 13 years old and I would thank you not to consider us kids and that we would destory things because we won't. Besides where I live that's only anime across here all the rest has to shipped in therefore I know most about those series. I think we should have a forum for it at least one big one that covers all the things like Pokemon, Digimon... And anyway these days 'kids' are more grown up on the inside despite what their ages make you think. I think you should at least give it a shot. Pleeeeease. *tries to act like what she thinks would be an irritating child*
Lanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 10:48 PM   #53   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
I would like to add something else, usually children on forums like this act more mature than the adults... I'm speaking from personal experence so it is applicable...

It is practical to give a popular series its own forum, don't allow personal feelings to interfer with the public good
-Bishop Oro
Old 27-05-2004, 07:32 AM   #54   [permalink]
ATh
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Are you implying that you act mature? or are you simply admitting that most 12 year olds act more mature than yourself?

Practicality has very little hold over AB and considering the amount of money put into the forum by a small group then there is every right for personal feelings to dictate what IS the public good on this forum.

ATh
Old 27-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #55   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ATh
Are you implying that you act mature? or are you simply admitting that most 12 year olds act more mature than yourself?

Practicality has very little hold over AB and considering the amount of money put into the forum by a small group then there is every right for personal feelings to dictate what IS the public good on this forum.

ATh
It is true, most 12 year olds on forums like this act more mature than us... I say us since just because you are a moderator, doesn't mean that you lost all concept of being human and amusing yourself at someone elses expense.

And it is true that the people who fund this deserve a say into it, but if you want a place like this to survive and not turn into a ghost town. (Like it did a couple of months ago before the big crash) I suggest that you try to please people with your work. I've seen a small group of people take over forums before and allow personal feelings dictate what is public good and it never turns out well... You either become their bitch, or get banned... I always end up with the latter...

I just don't want to see AB turn into something like that.
-Bishop Oro
Old 28-05-2004, 03:38 PM   #56   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
Aside from the question of whether such a forum would bring in unwanted "kiddies", it would eliminate colorful debates such as these. Then what would I do?

- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
- Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #57   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Black_Knight you are still trying I see after all these years, but how would you explain the poor response to the experimental mon forum which was set up?

You have to separate out the "maturity" of the viewers and the "maturity" of the Pokemon anime (or cartoon) itself.
In terms of maturity, the first series is easily as "mature" as some of the other animes with forums - in terms of the themes present rather than the amount of guns, sexual content ET AL (which then gradually disintegrates second series onwards, not least due to severe plot repetition, dialogue breakdown, increased marketing slants and character dilution syndrome)
In terms of "maturity" of the viewers, I wouldn't like to generalise.

Still, now the hysteria of Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher ET AL seems to have died down, I am still of the impression that the first series of Pokemon was vastly underrated (and about 90% of the episodes after that up to start of series 6 were overall poor), Digimon was poor but humourous, Monster Rancher was poor and Beyblade was an abomination....
Old 10-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #58   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

*Revives a dead thread*

Well now my resolve is all the better as to why we need a pokemon forum. Because since you consider it a fad, its died down so what's the harm now since kids are on to the next big thing... What ever the hell it is.
-Bishop Oro
Old 16-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #59   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Black_Knight
*Revives a dead thread*

Well now my resolve is all the better as to why we need a pokemon forum. Because since you consider it a fad, its died down so what's the harm now since kids are on to the next big thing... What ever the hell it is.
Yu-gi-Oh.
hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:49 AM   #60   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

The latest Pokemon series has become the antithesis of the first series. A sense of adventure becomes predictability; spontaneous humour becomes contrived; imagination becomes turgid marketing considerations.

I take back the Beyblade comment below though - it is certainly not an abomination; in fact quite entertaining.

But I guess all this is academic with respect to a forum appearing, unless some brain transplants have occurred.