Old 22-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #1   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Tactic #6: Get Rid of News Hound

Delete it. Consign it to digital hell. It's horrible. I'll tell you the obvious reason why, which I'm surprised nobody has bothered to point out before.
  • News Hound directs you AWAY FROM ANIMEBOARDS to other websites, some with their own MUCH MORE ACTIVE forums. News Hound would have been fine if the news was written by e.g. the moderators so that it doesn't provide links to other websites for the full news stories. But no. It forces people to visit other websites by providing links. News Hound is a cancer for Animeboards.

I would have pointed this out ages ago, but the activity here was so bad, I went with the lesser of two evils and just kept quiet because it was at least giving new material to read (albeit on different websites).

I was also going to write something to try and persuade the mods to take turns in writing some news items in place of the current automated system, but I think I'll play the lottery instead because my chances of success are higher.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 22-08-2009 at 04:22 PM.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #2   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
At least it dosent show up under the new posts anymore that was really annoying.

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #3   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Not half as annoying as when no new posts come up.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #4   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
Delete it. Consign it to digital hell. It's horrible. I'll tell you the obvious reason why, which I'm surprised nobody has bothered to point out before.
  • News Hound directs you AWAY FROM ANIMEBOARDS to other websites, some with their own MUCH MORE ACTIVE forums. News Hound would have been fine if the news was written by e.g. the moderators so that it doesn't provide links to other websites for the full news stories. But no. It forces people to visit other websites by providing links. News Hound is a cancer for Animeboards.

I would have pointed this out ages ago, but the activity here was so bad, I went with the lesser of two evils and just kept quiet because it was at least giving new material to read (albeit on different websites).

I was also going to write something to try and persuade the mods to take turns in writing some news items in place of the current automated system, but I think I'll play the lottery instead because my chances of success are higher.
I don't think that we need to get rid of Newshound. I don't follow alot of anime news and NewsHound provide a valuable service for me in that I don't have to bookmark certain sites.

However, I think