Old 05-03-2001, 08:56 PM   #1   [permalink]
JetErNyY02
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to JetErNyY02
this VDSL is like a hell lot faster than cable!! i want it...

Quote:
High-speed xDSL moves to new lengths
By: John Leyden
Posted: 05/03/2001 at 17:21 GMT

A small US firm had successfully tested an ultra-fast broadband technology which could translate into high-speed Internet access for many more people.

New Wheel Technology (NWT), has demonstrated prototype technology, called Cu@OCX, that delivers unidirectional transmission speeds of 54Mbps over a distance of up to 2.8Km, using existing twisted-pair copper telephone cables.

Performance results for the VDSL (Very-High Data-Rate Digital Subscriber Line) prototypes from NWT, which were carried out by independent test engineers at Lucent Technologies, raise the distance limit of high-speed broadband. Firms such as Broadcom have network devices which can work at such speeds, but only for distances around three times less than recorded using NWT's kit.

Over a single twisted pair, VDSL delivers downstream data rates ranging from 13 to 52Mbps and upstream rates ranging from 1.5 to 2.3Mbps. VDSL's operating range is typically limited between 300m and 1,200m and is a much younger technology than ADSL, which means that standards are yet to be finalised and its effectiveness in some environments is unknown.
What do you know about tweetle beetles? well.. When tweetle beetles fight it's called a tweetle beetle battle. And when they battle in a puddle it's a tweetle beetle puddle battle. AND when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle. AND... When beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle....they call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle. AND..... When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles....they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle.
JetErNyY02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:02 PM   #2   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

holy $#!^

52Mbps that's 100+ times faster than what i have now

Old 05-03-2001, 09:17 PM   #3   [permalink]
JetErNyY02
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to JetErNyY02
i wonder how much it will cost...just think...pentium4, 1.5 ghz, and that vdsl...that's crazy!!
What do you know about tweetle beetles? well.. When tweetle beetles fight it's called a tweetle beetle battle. And when they battle in a puddle it's a tweetle beetle puddle battle. AND when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle. AND... When beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle....they call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle. AND..... When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles....they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle.
JetErNyY02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:54 AM   #4   [permalink]
StramiT
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to StramiT Send a message via AIM to StramiT
*drool*
StramiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 03:27 AM   #5   [permalink]
Oogami Ichirou
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Oogami Ichirou Send a message via MSN to Oogami Ichirou
*drewlz* whatever it is I want it really bad.. anything is better than downloading at 2.2k a sec...
Old 06-03-2001, 08:48 AM   #6   [permalink]
bloodgod
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by eva2000
holy $#!^

52Mbps that's 100+ times faster than what i have now

R we on a 512Kbit ?????? or iz it UR home 'puter? must B da last one...he
bloodgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 08:30 PM   #7   [permalink]
psx-dude

Send a message via ICQ to psx-dude Send a message via AIM to psx-dude
It doesn't say anything about price? location? DAMN I WANT THAT! MY CABLE IS WORSE THAN A 56K UNLESS No-ONE ELSE IS ON IT!!!
psx-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 03:56 PM   #8   [permalink]
raymojo
Forum Junkie

That is really fast, but keep in mind that you would never get d/l speeds that high due to all the bottlenecks the data would have to go through to get to your comp.
But it would be great for 20+ simultaneous downloads.
raymojo is offline   Reply With Quote