Old 14-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Thumbs up Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers

This DVD is now out and available. E7: Good Night. . . . is the movie based on the characters from the series Eureka Seven. It is not a continuation from the series, or a prequel, or an alternate storyline, or even based on the manga. This is an entirely new story using the characters from the series, although many of their personalities have been altered.

Basically, the EIZO have invaded Earth. Humans have been fighting for survival and to reclaim the planet for about 45 years. The human struggle is being fought by the People's Liberation Army, which also has its hand full fighting a group of rebels on a ship known as the Geko. And no matter which side wins, the people of Earth are skrewed. In the middle of all this is 14-year-old Renton, a young soldier who only wants to find his long lost friend Eureka, who had been kidnapped eight years earlier.

There are many exciting moments, but pay close attention because the story is quite confusing. Eventually most everything is explained, although to understand the ending you have to use a bit of your imagination.

Basically, I will give this one my recommendation. Has anyone else seen the E7 movie? What did you think?

Last edited by MeMyself; 04-11-2012 at 11:32 PM.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

PS. Before I sent the DVD back to Netflix, I rewatched the ending. I figured it out now, but I won't tell!
Old 19-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #3   [permalink]
jasoncarey

Hi,

E7 movie was fine, little bit confusing, but it's ok. I have still not watched the anime series of that movies. I want to know the review about that movies, any comments or suggestions ?
Old 20-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

The series came before the movie -- and I am told that the manga came after the series as well. Usually the manga comes first. The movie was really to satisfy series fans who wanted more. But they really could not do much with continuing the series' storyline because of the way it ended. It was a good ending. Let's leave it at that for now. Anyway, that is probably why they came up with an entirely new storyline for the movie. Although they could have done the storyline from the manga, which is along the same lines as the series, but ends quite differently.

What I would have like to have seen is a prequel to the series. I would like to have seen how Eureka was discovered and her development into a heartless soldier. I would like to have seen Talho's relationship with Dewey, and exactly how Holland turned rebel. It would end where the series begins -- when Renton first meets Eureka.

You probably don't know what I am talking about, since you have not seen the series. I will say no more. I may have said too much already. But see the series.